Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Duke should win.

Davidson could win. It would be an upset, but not a gigantic upset.

I have a question. I will be spending my first game as a Crazy against Davidson. My question is what time does the gym open and is there a line for the general admission section and what time will people be getting there.
    Thanks for the help!! So stoked for the season. Hood is going to be a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Duke should win.

Davidson isn't ranked (ranked 81st in Pomeroy). Duke is ranked #4. It's in Cameron. First game of the season. I beg to differ - it would be a gigantic upset.

Davidson could win. But, knowing Coach K, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Duke will lose.

Let's get this season started!!!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Davidson isn't ranked (ranked 81st in Pomeroy). Duke is ranked #4. It's in Cameron. First game of the season. I beg to differ - it would be a gigantic upset.

Davidson could win. But, knowing Coach K, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Duke will lose.

Let's get this season started!!!
    The bolded part reads wrong. I assume you mean that there isn't a doubt in your mind that Duke will win.

Assuming my assumption is correct, I agree. We will win.

Projected starters according to A tweet from @dukebasketball is the same lineup we saw from the Drury game...Cook, Thornton, Hood, Parker, and Jefferson. I'm guessing this is due to Sulaimon's sickness and inability to fully practice.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The bolded part reads wrong. I assume you mean that there isn't a doubt in your mind that Duke will win.

Assuming my assumption is correct, I agree. We will win.
    I've been having brain fart after brain fart for the last few months. I blame it on the Boston weather.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I've been having brain fart after brain fart for the last few months. I blame it on the Boston weather.
    Two more ESL courses and you'll be totally illliterate like the rest of us.

sage

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Projected starters according to A tweet from @dukebasketball is the same lineup we saw from the Drury game...Cook, Thornton, Hood, Parker, and Jefferson. I'm guessing this is due to Sulaimon's sickness and inability to fully practice.
    What a weird starting lineup given our shooting guard depth. I feel like Thornton starting at the two spot essentially guarantees that one of Matt and Andre plays fairly minimal minutes, even if Sheed is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by dlthompson79 View Post
    I have a question. I will be spending my first game as a Crazy against Davidson. My question is what time does the gym open and is there a line for the general admission section and what time will people be getting there.
    Thanks for the help!! So stoked for the season. Hood is going to be a beast!
    Current undergrad Line Monitor here. Doors for students open an hour and a half before tip, while doors for General Admission folks open one hour before tip IIRC. There's usually a line beforehand, but since it's on the opposite side of Cameron from where the undergrads enter the stadium I've never been able to see how big it gets.

If you want to get there early, feel free to swing by K-Ville while you wait! There's a pep rally for the State game on Saturday going on in the 'Ville starting at 4PM or so with Coach Cutcliffe and the football team —I'm a real wanker for saying this.they'll be speaking and giving out free swag to students so there should be more than a few Crazies out there.

Enjoy the game! Cheer loud!

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Duke should win.

That would be total protonic reversal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE

Is it possible for a season opener to be a trap game?

Nah, I don't see the trap potential. Post-Drury, the players discussed their performance like it was a loss and immediately started focusing on Davidson. In the postgame, Thornton said Davidson was going to kill Duke if our guys didn't play better on Friday. So I think there will be appropriate respect for the opponent.

In fact, based on how the players reacted after Drury, I'd be surprised if Duke isn't extremely sharp on Friday, and I think Duke will beat Davidson by a wider margin than Duke beat Drury. Davidson losing their two best guards and their best player and center Cohen from last season factors into my prediction, of course.

As of late Thursday afternoon, Duke is favored by 17.

Hey everybody!

(For those who are curious my son ended up going to Davidson; he's a sophomore there and is playing in their Pep Band at home basketball games!!).

Davidson does not have the athletic ability to truly compete with Duke, but this game benefits both programs. As mentioned in the scouting post, the Wildcats lost a lot of offensive firepower but even more than that, they really depended on their center, Jake Cohen. Their weakness this year will be inside the paint.

It looks like Coach McKillop will run a guard-heavy game, and keep a watch on the sophomore transfer, who is a 3 point shooter and was on the MAC All-Freshman team before enrolling at Davidson.

And, Davidson is actually predicted to finish 2nd in the Southern Conference this year, behind Elon.

Dth.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Also in the backcourt mix for Davidson is Brian Sullivan, a transfer from Miami (Ohio). He was All-Freshman MAC in his only year there.
    Oh no, not Sullivan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Current undergrad Line Monitor here. Doors for students open an hour and a half before tip, while doors for General Admission folks open one hour before tip IIRC. There's usually a line beforehand, but since it's on the opposite side of Cameron from where the undergrads enter the stadium I've never been able to see how big it gets.

If you want to get there early, feel free to swing by K-Ville while you wait! There's a pep rally for the State game on Saturday going on in the 'Ville starting at 4PM or so with Coach Cutcliffe and the football team —I'm a real wanker for saying this.they'll be speaking and giving out free swag to students so there should be more than a few Crazies out there.

Enjoy the game! Cheer loud!
    My advice...walk into Cameron 45 minutes before tip-off to check out the Duke Hall of Fame and to watch the warmups/pre-game festivities. The rest of your pre-game experience should be spent drinking beer and seeing K-Ville on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    It wasn't a joke. It was an analogy. Herren has discussed publicly the feeling of being dope sick. Not to dismiss the seriousness of his addiction, just pointing out there are other forms of addiction that leave us hungry.
    I work in addictions as a clinical director, have met with Chris Herren twice personally, and I can almost guarantee that Chris would laugh at your comment and agree with your assessment. Hell, he's made a second career out of saying the exact same thing. Good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Oh no, not Sullivan!!!
    You're showing your age, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    s
    I got better….
    She turned me into a newt.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my life with my wife got way better when I ceased insisting on the sanctity of sports on TV. I had to give up something of little value. A November MBB game here or there. Enough of those, and she stopped complaining when I had to see Masters Sunday.

What's great about this is, given that concession, she's finally starting to buy into sports as a community thing. She was all in for the MLB playoffs in October.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    She turned me into a newt.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my life with my wife got way better when I ceased insisting on the sanctity of sports on TV. I had to give up something of little value. A November MBB game here or there. Enough of those, and she stopped complaining when I had to see Masters Sunday.

What's great about this is, given that concession, she's finally starting to buy into sports as a community thing. She was all in for the MLB playoffs in October.
    throatybeard, I'm sure she was all in for the Cardinals and their playoff run. I thought we had em going back to St. Louie. GoRedbirds and GoDuke!