ACC announces game times for 11-16-13

Thursday, Nov. 14

Georgia Tech at Clemson, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (Previously Announced)

Saturday, Nov. 16

Maryland at Virginia Tech, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m. (split network)

North Carolina at Pitt, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m. (split network)

NC State at Boston College, Regional Sports Networks, 12:30 p.m.

*Syracuse at Florida State, ABC/ESPN2 or ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

*Miami at Duke, ABC/ESPN2 or ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

game time

Major disappointment.

I was hoping that the potential matchup of 7-2 Duke and 8-1 Miami -- with the Coastal Division lead on the line would have warrented a 7 p.m. game -- maube not on ABC, but on ESPN or ESPN2.

They could have waited until Sunday to make the call (to make sure Duke and Miami both win this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Major disappointment.

I was hoping that the potential matchup of 7-2 Duke and 8-1 Miami -- with the Coastal Division lead on the line would have warrented a 7 p.m. game -- maube not on ABC, but on ESPN or ESPN2.

They could have waited until Sunday to make the call (to make sure Duke and Miami both win this weekend).
    GT-Clemson has some potential title game implications as well, and is probably a better draw (Clemson ahead of Miami and GT ahead of Duke) for a primetime tv audience. I would have loved a 7:00 game but it was always unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    GT-Clemson has some potential title game implications as well, and is probably a better draw (Clemson ahead of Miami and GT ahead of Duke) for a primetime tv audience.
    GT-Clemson play in primetime on the Thursday prior. ESPN has looked over the ACC slate for Saturday and decided none of the matchups rate a night-time audience.

I'll be keeping an eye on that Thursday game and pulling for our friends the Tigers.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I was telling my grill partner last night that as the month goes on, I don't relish the 7pm slot as much. It's getting colder, and as long as we have the 4pm or 3:30pm KO, we'll still be finishing under the lights. The idea of spending 2 hours packing up a tailgate in 40 or colder weather and leaving the lot at 11pm has less appeal than it does in September.
    (But if we get a 7pm slot, I will still happily enjoy every bit of it!)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Major disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was telling my grill partner last night that as the month goes on, I don't relish the 7pm slot as much. It's getting colder, and as long as we have the 4pm or 3:30pm KO, we'll still be finishing under the lights. The idea of spending 2 hours packing up a tailgate in 40 or colder weather and leaving the lot at 11pm has less appeal than it does in September.
    (But if we get a 7pm slot, I will still happily enjoy every bit of it!)
    As one who will be sitting in the stands in mid November, I'm thrilled with the 3:30 pm start time! And it works great for the tailgate!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

weather

We're playing Miami -- I hope it's 20 degrees with a freezing drizzle falling!

We're playing Miami -- I hope it's 20 degrees with a freezing drizzle falling!
    Well, if is cool and windy here, too. It went down to 74 last night!

Jim (or others) - any idea why there's been a delay today in announcing the start times for the 11/23 games? Usually this info is out by around lunchtime 2 Mondays prior. Thought the ACC might postpone given it's Veterans Day, but they already announced players of the week today, per usual.

And literally seconds after I post, they make the announcement: http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail...1-11-13_w3lcc2