Ken Jeong on ESPN

Our comedic alum was on Sportscenter yesterday and goes crazy over his mancrush of Battier:

Quote Originally Posted by BattierD12 View Post
    Our comedic alum was on Sportscenter yesterday and goes crazy over his mancrush of Battier:

What a hoot. Thanks for posting.

Now in the NY Times Mag

Physician-turned-comedic-actor Ken Jeong is featured on the end-piece of yesterday's NY Times Magazine, published January 3, 2016. Worth a read -- brags about his Duke education.

Not in this piece but went to New Orleans for his residency and began appearing as a comedian. Adviser and mentor there advised him to move to L.A., and he spent seven years at Kaiser Health and doing comedy and improve performances before winning movie and TV roles.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Physician-turned-comedic-actor Ken Jeong is featured on the end-piece of yesterday's NY Times Magazine, published January 3, 2016. Worth a read -- brags about his Duke education.

Not in this piece but went to New Orleans for his residency and began appearing as a comedian. Adviser and mentor there advised him to move to L.A., and he spent seven years at Kaiser Health and doing comedy and improve performances before winning movie and TV roles.
    There's a funny story he used to tell on late night interviews about how his parents viewed his success as a doc and then as an actor.

He said (and I'm paraphrasing) he was the black sheep of his family. Despite graduating high school at 16, getting an undergraduate degree from Duke and going on to get his MD from UNC and becoming a practicing physician, he was at the bottom of the totem pole in his parents eyes. At dinner parties and family functions, his parents would go on and on about his sibilings accomplishments but barely mention him.

But then, I jumped out of the trunk of a car totally naked in the "The Hangover" and my parents think I'm Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    But then, I jumped out of the trunk of a car totally naked in the "The Hangover" and my parents think I'm Elvis.
    For the record, I have never jumped out of the trunk of a car naked.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    That you remember...

-jk

Was Ken a DKE (Delta Kappa Epsilon)? I seem to recall that he was but not sure where that belief originated.

For that I thank you, on behalf of my fellow DBRers.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The younger generation is becoming a bunch of pantie waists. I clearly remember that elvis13 did.

Well, they didn't have cell phones with cameras back then. So I give the new kids some leeway.

As long as they stay off my lawn and turn down that rippity-rappity hoey.

That sounds EXACTLY like something someone would say that did jump out of the trunk of a car naked.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Was Ken a DKE (Delta Kappa Epsilon)? I seem to recall that he was but not sure where that belief originated.
    Naked, in the trunk of a car?

That sounds EXACTLY like something someone would say that did jump out of the trunk of a car naked.
    OK, OK. I get "For the record..." We want to hear the "off-the-record" version.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Well, they didn't have cell phones with cameras back then. So I give the new kids some leeway.

As long as they stay off my lawn and turn down that rippity-rappity hoey.
    And de-tune the mufflers and put regular wheels on the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    And de-tune the mufflers and put regular wheels on the cars.
    And for God's sake, stop calling Luke Bryan a country singer.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    That you remember...

-jk
    Yeah, that's kind of where things might get interesting because when I think of all the things I do remember...well let's just say trunk of a car can't be completely ruled out!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    The younger generation is becoming a bunch of pantie waists. I clearly remember that elvis13 did.
    You have a point there but that elvis13 was a true bada*s! Not quite Nate James bada*s but still...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    OK, OK. I get "For the record..." We want to hear the "off-the-record" version.
    Since this is a somewhat public forum on which I have little to no credibility to be begin with (after 15+ years), I'm going to stick with the "For the record" version (at least until I have a few beers watching the WF game tonight).