Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to judge films by their boxoffice (Throaty slowly lowers the object he was going to throw at Jason), but if you want to see a scarily similar comparison... Ender's Game vs. After Earth.

-Jason "After Earth was considered a giant boxoffice bomb, but Ender is not getting nearly as much scorn -- I guess Asa Butterfield doesn't quite have the 'expectations' label that Will Smith has, huh?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not to judge films by their boxoffice (Throaty slowly lowers the object he was going to throw at Jason), but if you want to see a scarily similar comparison... Ender's Game vs. After Earth.

-Jason "After Earth was considered a giant boxoffice bomb, but Ender is not getting nearly as much scorn -- I guess Asa Butterfield doesn't quite have the 'expectations' label that Will Smith has, huh?" Evans
    I would point out that Ender's Game was released during a relative dead time, whereas After Earth was early summer-- that might set expectations differently.

The arcs or surprisingly similar though.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Wrong comparison. You need to look at the directors. Gavin Hood (Ender's Game) is not getting nearly as much scorn as M. Night Shyamalan (After Earth).