Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Is it any different from why people hate popped collars?
    I dunno. I see popped collars broadly cross-ethnicity. I see flatbrims on AfAm dudes, and a very very few Whites dudes standing around with AfAm dudes.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Throaty

Depends where you live... this "fashion statement" has hit big in the NorthEast portion of the country and everyone under the age of 18, regardless of skin color is doing it. It's not a racial divide, it is like most of the other things talked about in this thread, a chance to differentiate from the normal. I personally think it looks stupid, "even on Chad Cordero"

I think more importantly than worrying about who is doing it (from a race or class perspective) is the fact that most people including myself just choose not to ignore it. If ignored it would probably go away...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    What's interesting is that EarlJam seems to be driving whenever he sees attractively attired women.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I promise I'm not trying to be anything but sincere here. Every morning, I probably pass about 15-20 joggers (for those of you familiar with Atlanta, on the way to work on Peachtree Battle and Peachtree Road). Of those, probably 70 percent are female.

This morning, on Peachtree Road, there was a female (yes, she was very attractive) jogging on the sidewalk. She was wearing a sports bra, was glistening with sweat and was wearing shorts so short - I kid you not - that she.....well, I don't know how to say it cleanly. Let's just say that in order to go out in public the way she was doing, she had to make certain that her latest wax job from naval to "the place" was very thorough.

Again, not trying to be dirty or any thing; I was just in disbelief. I'm no pervert. Just male. Something like that comes running down the road, you have to have a reaction.

I really can see the point where such dress may have to be regulated. That's just not right. That said, I hope they don't regulate such dress.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    How about Spandex on people that flat-out should not be wearing Spandex?

-EarlJam

Which reminds me of a bit I heard a comedian do one time.

"You know those shorts that girls wear that have words written across the butt? Ladies, if you can fit the word 'bootielicious' across your butt you are by definition not allowed to wear those shorts. And men, if you have gotten so fat that you have grown breasts please leave your shirts on at the beach. You are confusing the children."

I had no idea EarlJam was Morgan Freeman!

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I had no idea EarlJam was Morgan Freeman!
    I'm not, but I get that all the time! With the leg injury, I've spent much of the summer indoors, hence, was very white. This past Saturday, I spent some time with Shammrog and his wonderful family at their pool and was able to tan a bit, so, I'm back to looking a bit more Morgan-like.

-EarlJam

Directly from Paris and Milan...

I just don't understand the clam-digger length shorts? The ones that come down halfway to the ankles. Why bother? "Oh, I'd wear a pair of long pants but this is sooooo refreshingly cooler." How do you bend freely those restricted knees? Doesn't that hurt? I refuse them both on looks and function.

No. I think it looks like you're maybe embarrassed of you legs perhaps. I'm not in full favor of short-shorts but tennis length seems normal and natural.

Then on second thought, these views are from a guy whose toenails and eyelashes are in the wrong places. Whose? That ain't right.
    Last edited by captmojo; 08-30-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: enlightened spelling practices

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    7a) Popped collars
    8) pink on guys
    9) sandals with socks (my dad does this)
    10) baseball caps worn with flat bill
    11) muffin-top
    I wear pink, kind of a lot. Sometimes I even pop my pink collar. And let me tell you, women love it.
    Your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I wear pink, kind of a lot. Sometimes I even pop my pink collar. And let me tell you, women love it.
    Your loss.
    I like pink on guys.
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 08-30-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Your loss.
    Attachment 110

-EarlJammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachment 110

-EarlJammmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    (WHO is she?!?)

(What a babe!)

How about Spandex on people that flat-out should not be wearing Spandex?

Others:

1. No shoes in the grocery store (just barefeet - I've seen it)
    2. Wearing sandles when you have a bunch of dead skin piled up on the heel of your foot
    3. Tank tops in restaurants

This look, which almost caused me to wreck my car at Elon, however, is quite satisfactory:

Attachment 108

-EarlJam
    Where did you get a picture of my sister?

been caught stealin'

How about the guy who runs in the store nude, starts waggin' it for the clerk, diverting her attention while his buddy runs out the door with the beer?
    Anybody else see this?