Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    ?? He scored 17.5 ppg on almost 44% 3-point shooting in over 32 mpg. How much more do you realistically think he would've scored on that team, even if he had been 100% healthy?? (assuming that's what was implied by your statement)
    Didn't realize he was waived due to injury and I have not followed his career at all

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    C'mon, Wheat! You're better than this. Pay attention! (Sheesh.)

-jk
    My bad...I've been busy

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    My bad...I've been busy
    Poker, fishing, hiding from what is going on at the Dump on the Hump - Who has time?

Europe?

If Ryan doesn't make it with the Lakers, I think he would have a much better experience in Europe than in the D-League. Same goes for Seth. European basketball isn't too exciting, at least for me, but it would be a great learning experience on and off the court for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    There was an entire thread on it...
    Yeah, but with an uninformative name: "Dukies no longer in the NBA". Jason over-moderated with that decision, especially since (1) Maggette deserves his own thread, and (2) the thread morphed into discussing the very active Luol Deng.

Email

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Other ACC notables cut:

Lorenzo Brown
    Josh Powell
    CJ Leslie
    Elliot Williams
    Kenny Kadji
    Elliot Williams was only at Duke for one season because of personal reasons, and his bad luck has continued now that his injuries have apparently derailed his NBA career. He has made $4 million at the age of 24, but he was the 22nd pick in 2010 (Portland, of course) and his career may be over after playing only 24 games. Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Uhhh...Seth graduated from Duke. I'm sure wealthy parents or not, he would be just fine anyway. He is not a one and doner that chased false dreams only to fall on his face.
    You're right, and I meant to go back and add some of what you said. My bad, but the family $, let alone the shooter DNA, don't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    ?? He scored 17.5 ppg on almost 44% 3-point shooting in over 32 mpg. How much more do you realistically think he would've scored on that team, even if he had been 100% healthy?? (assuming that's what was implied by your statement)
    Coach K said Seth might have led the nation in scoring if he'd been completely healthy. Too bad we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by wk2109 View Post
    Coach K said Seth might have led the nation in scoring if he'd been completely healthy. Too bad we'll never know.
    I think we should just assume that he would have.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    If Ryan doesn't make it with the Lakers, I think he would have a much better experience in Europe than in the D-League. Same goes for Seth. European basketball isn't too exciting, at least for me, but it would be a great learning experience on and off the court for both of them.
    In your first year, you might as well try to make it in the D League route since impressing there is the quickest path to a short term NBA deal. Most of the teams overseas have completed their rosters for the season with only a few slots open for training camp cuts.

Seth could easily make a career for himself in Europe where he could fill the combo guard role nicely. Ryan seems like the type who could be a great player in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    My bad...I've been busy
    Friendly advice: If you don't know what you're typing about, perhaps you shouldn't flap your fingers. That might cut it at the weak blue sites, but not this one.

I have seen some rumors floating around from Europe that Cedevita Zagreb, the team that Nolan Smith plays for, has been trying to sign Seth, but that he is not interested.

Apparently one of the Spanish teams chasing him before NBA training camp was Gran Canaria, where they were looking for someone who could replace Jon Scheyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Uhhh...Seth graduated from Duke. I'm sure wealthy parents or not, he would be just fine anyway. He is not a one and doner that chased false dreams only to fall on his face.
    Well, sure, but I kind of don't understand this prevalent (it's not just you) attitude that everyone who went to Duke is going to skate into "just fine." The world is a tough place. Just graduating from a Duke isn't enough to make it to "just fine." It takes timing, luck, hard work, connections, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Well, sure, but I kind of don't understand this prevalent (it's not just you) attitude that everyone who went to Duke is going to skate into "just fine." The world is a tough place. Just graduating from a Duke isn't enough to make it to "just fine." It takes timing, luck, hard work, connections, and probably something else I'm forgetting.
    While yes your statements are true he still has a better start than roughly 85% of american graduates just by going to Duke as opposed to a community college.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    While yes your statements are true he still has a better start than roughly 85% of american graduates just by going to Duke as opposed to a community college.
    Throaty, I think you are saying, "Every day is an audition," and you gotta bring it every day if you want to come back tomorrow. Seth's advantage is that he will get a bunch of auditions and not just in basketball. And I expect he will do extremely well.

sagegrouse