Four Teams That Can Win It All

I think that right now there are only 4 teams in my mind that have the personnel to win 6 straight games....UNC, Florida, Kansas, and Ohio State. I was going to add UCLA and Wisconsin, but don't think that they can.

I realize that UNC and Florida have both lost recently, actually a few times, but if I am not mistaken their losses were on the road and they will be playing the tournament on neutral sites or close to home in the early rounds.

Any other teams that I might have missed.

As a Duk

A long list

I believe the list of who could put together a run is quite long. Just to name a few additions to your four:

ACC - Maryland
    Pacific 10 - UCLA & Washington State
    Big East - Georgetown
    Big 12 - Texas A&M
    MVC - Southern Illinois (maybe this is the year a mid-major wins it all!)

There are more teams that belong on the list. The tournament is wide open and I expect some suprise teams to still be alive when we are down to the Sweet 16.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Winning six straight

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    I think that right now there are only 4 teams in my mind that have the personnel to win 6 straight games....UNC, Florida, Kansas, and Ohio State. I was going to add UCLA and Wisconsin, but don't think that they can.

I realize that UNC and Florida have both lost recently, actually a few times, but if I am not mistaken their losses were on the road and they will be playing the tournament on neutral sites or close to home in the early rounds.

Any other teams that I might have missed.

As a Duk
    Yes they all can do it but they it is wide open and if they take a big tumble another team can win six. It will be wide open. Maryland could easily be a final four team as could Texas. We will just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yes they all can do it but they it is wide open and if they take a big tumble another team can win six. It will be wide open. Maryland could easily be a final four team as could Texas. We will just have to see.
    Hi,

AS COULD DUKE. I am not giving up yet. Lots of things are against us. I remember when Carlos Boozer broke his foot and it was gloom and doom around here. I won't go into a long and drawn out description of that glorious run by the Devils. The Devils have a run in them too. G will be the man when he comes back. Josh will suddenly realize that he CAN dominate inside and putting a little arc on that shot will make it pure magic. Markie is going to realize what he can and can't do, as Dirty Harry put it, "A man's got to know his limitations." Jon will start thinking and playing like a sophomore. Greg will run the team like a sweet violinist plucks those chords. IT IS GOING TO BE GLORIOUS!!

GO DUKE!

kewlswim, I admire your optimism.

Just imagine how much they will hate us if it really happens.

Just a note: one of our recent losses was at home against Virginia Tech.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

AS COULD DUKE. I am not giving up yet. Lots of things are against us. I remember when Carlos Boozer broke his foot and it was gloom and doom around here. I won't go into a long and drawn out description of that glorious run by the Devils. The Devils have a run in them too. G will be the man when he comes back. Josh will suddenly realize that he CAN dominate inside and putting a little arc on that shot will make it pure magic. Markie is going to realize what he can and can't do, as Dirty Harry put it, "A man's got to know his limitations." Jon will start thinking and playing like a sophomore. Greg will run the team like a sweet violinist plucks those chords. IT IS GOING TO BE GLORIOUS!!

GO DUKE!
    I am not giving up either- but right now the focus is on State on Thursday. That is a big game that Duke has to win to get their confidence back.

To Ralph Wiggum

I still think that you have the personnel to win it all. Unlike 99.9% of the posters I am not a UNC hater. I have family that graduated at Chapel Hill.

IN A WHISPER -------------- If Duke doesn't win it all, I would not be that unhappy if UNC does. Please don't tell anyone though. It could be worse than the Salem Witch Trials

Uhhhh... What????????

Did someone just say they would not mind Carowina winning it all? That is just sacreligous.

I still think that you have the personnel to win it all. Unlike 99.9% of the posters I am not a UNC hater. I have family that graduated at Chapel Hill.

IN A WHISPER -------------- If Duke doesn't win it all, I would not be that unhappy if UNC does. Please don't tell anyone though. It could be worse than the Salem Witch Trials
    Pffft. I disowned my family members who enrolled at UNC, let alone graduated from there.

Hard to disown

The father of your grand children,( who incidentally wear Duke Basketball sweat shirts and not Carolina Blue ones)