Duke Football Top Ten Graduation Success Rate

Duke is #7 in Graduation Success Rate at 92%, just behind BC and ND at 94% and Stanford and Air Force at 93%.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...n-success-rate

The ACC has four of the top 10 (actually 11 as there was a tie for #10), which does not count non-football member ND!

I found it interesting that Miami was in the top 10 at 86%. Considering the average is 71%, not too shabby! There have been those on this board defending UM's academics, but I have had trouble erasing the thug mentality the football team had years ago with the Championship game(s?) against ND. Miami being in the top ten, but not UVA or GaTech is impressive.

I heard unc reported a graduation success rate of 126%. Mostly AFAM majors.

Other than NW, no Big Whatever teams in the top ten. No SEC teams. Shocking. Two military academies and Rice: no surprise.

Boise State? Who knew?

What is impressive is that the average for athletes is higher than the general college populace. Maybe these kids are getting something out of the deal.

Do early exits or transfers count against these numbers... not that it matters in Duke's case... (I know there were no early exits, but not sure about transfers...)
    Last edited by Skitzle; 10-24-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: OH yea and this is awesome!! Love the academic focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Do early exits or transfers count against these numbers... not that it matters in Duke's case... (I know there were no early exits, but not sure about transfers...)
    "... the NCAA includes transfer students who leave school in good academic standing and earn a degree somewhere else. " (from a different article).

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Duke is #7 in Graduation Success Rate at 92%, just behind BC and ND at 94% and Stanford and Air Force at 93%.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...n-success-rate

The ACC has four of the top 10 (actually 11 as there was a tie for #10), which does not count non-football member ND!

I found it interesting that Miami was in the top 10 at 86%. Considering the average is 71%, not too shabby! There have been those on this board defending UM's academics, but I have had trouble erasing the thug mentality the football team had years ago with the Championship game(s?) against ND. Miami being in the top ten, but not UVA or GaTech is impressive.

I heard unc reported a graduation success rate of 126%. Mostly AFAM majors.

Other than NW, no Big Whatever teams in the top ten. No SEC teams. Shocking. Two military academies and Rice: no surprise.

Boise State? Who knew?

What is impressive is that the average for athletes is higher than the general college populace. Maybe these kids are getting something out of the deal.
    In addition to the high graduation rate and grade point average above average (C), the football players who redshirt often earn a graduate degree before they leave. This is quiet a contrast to the old days when red shirts dragged their undergraduate programs out over a long period of time!

I don't have a citation for the football team average being above a C. I heard it announced at the football banquet last year and the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    In addition to the high graduation rate and grade point average above average (C), the football players who redshirt often earn a graduate degree before they leave. This is quiet a contrast to the old days when red shirts dragged their undergraduate programs out over a long period of time!

I don't have a citation for the football team average being above a C. I heard it announced at the football banquet last year and the year before.
    I thought Cut said in DC last spring that the overall GPA was above 3.0.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I thought Cut said in DC last spring that the overall GPA was above 3.0.

sagegrouse
    It's been moving up each year. The most recent team average announced was just above a 3.0.