Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    One day I'll have a sporking button.

Link to the Forum up on the new site

Any chance you can get the forum to dropdown to the subforums on the mainsite? Think like when I scroll over "blue devils" I get different options

Well done guys. Site looks great

Massive kudos to the redesign. Also, very excited to not have to use the zoom feature on my tablet to click accurately. Having done some web work myself, I know nothing about this migration and new interface was simple.

Everyone involved gets a big high five. Great way to start the new season.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Firefox. More buttons have started to appear (different from 15 minutes ago). Feedback and multi-quote, for instance, weren't there before, but now are for me. I still do not see all the buttons for the rich text formatting when submitting a new post.
    Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I was using Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7. The issue has now resolved for me in both browsers.

Thanks!
    Hmm... Spontaneous resolution. Perhaps something had to propagate? I don't know... Odd, but I'll take it if it works.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    We do seem to be having some weird button issues. Can anyone who has the problem post which browser you're using?

Thanks,

-jk
    Firefox 24.0 on Windows 7 64 bit is missing feedback and multi-quote buttons unless you mouseover them, when they magically appear.
    I did clear cookies and restart.

IE9 on Windows7 works OK. Never logged onto the site before from IE9.

Unhappy RSS link to Outlook question

Were there no article headline feeds over RSS this morning? I seem to have lost my RSS feed to Outlook mail, and can't find the RSS feed link on the web page. (I can't face coffee in the morning without the DBR RSS headlines first.)

March 10, 2041

I got the following when I signed in today:

"Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 6:28 AM PST.Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!"

2041, baby! I can't WAIT! 2041 should be just in time for us all to comment on the NCAA's preliminary report and recommendations for possible sanctions regarding UNC's malfeasance with bogus AFAM classes and eligibility under Julius Nyang'oro's AFAM department.
    I have the same problem as alteran, except I got on about an hour and 45 minutes later, so my membership will be activated at 8:13am PST. I did get the activation email, and I followed the instructions there, but am still getting the same message. At least it hasn't gotten any later in time.

Dang. March 10, 2041, is a Sunday, and unless I move west, it is likely I'll be in church at 8:13am PST.

But I can comment and spork here, and the site looks sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Parent 06 View Post
    Were there no article headline feeds over RSS this morning? I seem to have lost my RSS feed to Outlook mail, and can't find the RSS feed link on the web page. (I can't face coffee in the morning without the DBR RSS headlines first.)
    Did you subscribe to an RSS feed from the main site or this board? I'm not sure what the main site RSS url is now, but I'm trying to find out. For the board, you'll need to edit the URL in your reader from www.duke--- to forums.duke---

-jk

No one needs to join SBN for DBR. Commentary will continue here on the boards with your old board login.

-jk

Anyone using an RSS reader for the main site, update it to this address:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/rss/current

-jk

Love it. For those familiar with SBN sites, it may be a little jarring not to be able to directly comment on posts. But for those familiar with DBR, I think there really shouldn't really be much of a difference once everything settles in. I like it.

Also --- there's a fun rivalry site on SBN as well which you may have seen before elsewhere -- bluevsblue.com.

And even better, the DBR contributors are going to get even more airtime (if they want it) -- when they write another one of their great articles and it gets promoted to the SBN front page!!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I look forward to the hates on SBN who can't understand why there is a separate site for those uppity Duke folk to make comments on their articles. SBN is home to fans of everything, and they are encouraged to roam free through all of the blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I look forward to the hates on SBN who can't understand why there is a separate site for those uppity Duke folk to make comments on their articles. SBN is home to fans of everything, and they are encouraged to roam free through all of the blogs.
    Meh. Perhaps SBN will incorporate real board software at some time. Until then, I like what we have here.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Looks like we've just made it through the storm.

Welcome back to the boards, and to the new dbr!

-jk
    "Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Into this house we're born
    Into this world we're thrown
    Like a dog without a bone
    An actor out alone
    Riders on the storm"

A hearty congrats!

I had no issues (so far) and I'm one of the dummer (sic) IT people around.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

-jk:

In Firefox 24.0 in my Mac, the feedback buttons only appear when mousing over the lower left of the message box.

I remained logged in after the switchover on the forum pages. But when I try the new SBN main page (home page?), I am not recognized. So when I tried to log in on that page's login box, I get a message that either my username or my password is incorrect.

If FANPOST is the button on the new SBN page taking us to the Forum pages, it doesn't work (yet). It just reloads the SBN page.

Can get there via the forum URL you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    -jk:

So when I tried to log in on that page's login box, I get a message that either my username or my password is incorrect.

If FANPOST is the button on the new SBN page taking us to the Forum pages, it doesn't work (yet). It just reloads the SBN page.
    There is no need to login to the SBN page. To get to the forums, use the Forum button upper left quadrant to the right of the Home button.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    -jk:

In Firefox 24.0 in my Mac, the feedback buttons only appear when mousing over the lower left of the message box.

I remained logged in after the switchover on the forum pages. But when I try the new SBN main page (home page?), I am not recognized. So when I tried to log in on that page's login box, I get a message that either my username or my password is incorrect.

Can get there via the forum URL you provided.
    What Bob said, and we're not using fanposts. They're supposed to put a forum feed/link where the fanposts link is currently.

-jk

New Site

I am in my mid 70's now and have been on the site for many years with my current name and quite a while with a different name before I screwed up my computer interface and had to change to my current name. I am glad that the forum still exists, since that is what I enjoy most about the site. I don't do facebook, twitter or tweet as I would rather not see what my grandchildren are saying they are doing, but the forum doesn't require that. First time in I didn't see the forum and was concerned my use of DBR wouldn't be possible. Iam certain I can get used to it and will find it even better than before. Go Blue Devils.

After that, could you please cut down the mightiest tree in the forest? With a herring?
    You wouldn't get very far in life without saying "is"

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Can you please post the chronological history of DBR from the very beginning until now, including the dates that all the switches were made from Juliovision until the date we are now part of SBN. Thanks. (I think I may have been around longer than I thought, and I want to know.)

ricks
    Yikes! I honestly don't recall it all, but here's what my brain is tricking me into remembering, anyway:

Julian started a dbr list sometime in the very early 90s via Prodigy, before the interwebs as we know it today. (Us old folks remember: slow dial-up bbs systems, CompuServe, AOL, Prodigy.) As the internet became the thing, Julian established juliovision with a dbr section in '96 or so. DBR then moved to the current dukebasketballreport.com domain in the summer or fall of '99; the first DBR site was a custom job. As blogging became the rage, dbr moved into off-the-shelf WordPress in Jan of '07 with a custom front end. And now we have this move to the SBN blog engine yesterday.

The board - I think - started out with Mike Hemmerich via email, also in the 90s before joining DBR. James' rolled his custom SBBS - the one with posting codes - somewhere '98 or '99, though it may have been earlier. With the move to WordPress, we also moved to off-the-shelf bbs software, going through one bad, short-lived board (I don't recall which package, but it wasn't good) before opening this one a few weeks later in late Feb, '07.

If anyone can help with my iffy memory, please jump in! I wasn't very active behind the scenes until we got this board.

-jk