Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    There will be a direct link "real soon now". I'm hoping it'll be in the next day or so.

For now, you'll need to bookmark here. It's why we published this address in the caveat.

-jk

Thanks. Hopefully it will be prominent so that the increased traffic to the main site due to the SBN migration will bring additional contributors to the forum as well.

With any luck...

-jk

Congrats on the successful move, guys! Great work as always!

Thumbs up Congrats!!

I just got on. I tried a few hours ago and got the Jack Daniels site. I thought OPK was kidding about where he was being directed to, but I guess he wasn't!

It's good now, however. Thanks jk for posting the link to the boards before the switch. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I'm sure you will have it all straightened out very soon. Great job.

ricks

Question for jk

Can you please post the chronological history of DBR from the very beginning until now, including the dates that all the switches were made from Juliovision until the date we are now part of SBN. Thanks. (I think I may have been around longer than I thought, and I want to know.)

ricks

Thanks for the clarification on addresses, above. I saw the new Front Page and like the format and simplicity. I look forward to the direct links to this board. Until then, I am fully capable of using two bookmarks! Congratulations, I hope the transition is successful, both aesthetically and for the business side.

I noticed that the Feinstein thread is closed and then noticed that the first column on the boards page is blank - the column that used to indicate the status of a thread. Is that feature gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I noticed that the Feinstein thread is closed and then noticed that the first column on the boards page is blank - the column that used to indicate the status of a thread. Is that feature gone now?
    Nothing should have changed. I'm not seeing it that way, either - it's normal for me.

Can you try the usual suspects - clear cookies, log out and back in, close and reopen your browser - and let me know?

thanks,

-jk

Thanks

To the DBR Gods,

Just got on the new site. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into the site, it looks great!

I've been coming to the site regularly since about 2000 when I was a sophomore, and it wasn't until I saw the new site that I realized just how old-school the old DBR was. That tells me two things about DBR - first, other sites come and go, but DBR is probably the one site I've continued to come back to over the past 13 years and second, content is king - the site didn't seem old because everything on it continues to be so darn good.

I know getting to SBNation and the new site was a journey, and I just wanted to thank you all for continuing to keep our collective Blue Devil home on the internet going. I look forward to seeing all the cool new stuff you guys can do with the site.

-j

P.S. Glad the boards have stayed exactly the same...change is good, but not TOO much change!

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

SBNation Comments?

I got the following when I signed in today:

"Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 6:28 AM PST.Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!"

2041, baby! I can't WAIT! 2041 should be just in time for us all to comment on the NCAA's preliminary report and recommendations for possible sanctions regarding UNC's malfeasance with bogus AFAM classes and eligibility under Julius Nyang'oro's AFAM department.

All kidding aside, I like the new look, and I hope the new software works well for you guys.

Thanks for all you folks do to keep a great site going, and all your work and diligence in making a great site better.
    Last edited by alteran; 10-24-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Can you please post the chronological history of DBR from the very beginning until now, including the dates that all the switches were made from Juliovision until the date we are now part of SBN. Thanks. (I think I may have been around longer than I thought, and I want to know.)

ricks
    After that, could you please cut down the mightiest tree in the forest? With a herring?

Feedback buttons?

My comment feedback (sporking) buttons have disappeared. I've logged out and back in, and tried different browsers. Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Congrats!

Congratulations to all involved in the switch over!

The main site looks new and fresh.

The boards look the same and familiar.

And I couldn't be happier.

Congrats again!

- Chillin (tab $0.46)

PS - Do I have to close my tab now that the server has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    My comment feedback (sporking) buttons have disappeared. I've logged out and back in, and tried different browsers. Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this?
    I've noticed several missing buttons, but it seems like a rendering issue and they are actually there if you put your mouse in the place they should be. I, too, don't see the feedback button, but when I move my mouse to the lower left, voila! Same with when typing a response, the undo, attachments, etc. buttons don't appear, but I can find them when I move my mouse in the area. I've only tried on Firefox, though - not sure why the migration would affect the rendering of items on the board.

Overall, nice work on the update! Front page looks slick.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I got the following when I signed in today:

"Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 6:28 AM PST.Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!"
    Please give yourself some sort of electronic calendar reminder for this and report back then. Hopefully I'm still around and reading DBR in 2041.

I tried my sporking "button" by trying to give you some, and it works fine for me. A herring? Is that creamed or just in wine?

ricks

We do seem to be having some weird button issues. Can anyone who has the problem post which browser you're using?

Thanks,

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    We do seem to be having some weird button issues. Can anyone who has the problem post which browser you're using?

Thanks,

-jk
    Firefox. More buttons have started to appear (different from 15 minutes ago). Feedback and multi-quote, for instance, weren't there before, but now are for me. I still do not see all the buttons for the rich text formatting when submitting a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

Thanks,

-jk
    I was using Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7. The issue has now resolved for me in both browsers.

Thanks!