Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

ACCCG: Florida St 45, Duke 7 -- Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Cut with cold congratulations to fisher. Not many Duke players eager to shake his hand. GoDuke!

On the snub that was mentioned....prolly cause jimblow is out there with a champs hat on. I can't recall seeing a coach with a shirt or hat on after the game

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here.
    it was a good run...winning tonight was a long shot. goal for next year: be back in this game and be more competitive

we'll get there...we've been spoiled this year, rome wasn't built in a year
    April 1

Cut really snubbed Jimbo, I wonder what that was about. I'm sure we'll hear about in the press conference.

Proud of the team this year. FSU has by far the most talented roster in the country. We fought hard had our chances and got beat by a better team. I think Duke Football is here to stay.

I'll be pulling for FSU in the National Championship. I actually like Jameis Winston...

Congrats to our guys. Great season.

We showed up, we played hard (and a lot cleaner than FSU) for 60 minutes, and we got out with no serious injuries. Mission accomplished.

Sooner than you think, Duke will be dishing out that kind of beating.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Cut with cold congratulations to fisher. Not many Duke players eager to shake his hand. GoDuke!
    I would have done exactly the same thing as Coach Cut. FSU tried to disrespect and humiliate Duke and Coach thought it was classless, as did the Duke players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Cut really snubbed Jimbo, I wonder what that was about. I'm sure we'll hear about in the press conference.
    Maybe for leaving the starting QB in the game til late in the 4th qtr with a huge lead and trying to run up the score?

Proud of our guys, for sure. It was a memorable run, and we still have a bowl game to go.

I will have a hard time pulling for F$U in the championship. Chapel Hill might have to freeze over before I am willing to do so.

I have no problem with cold congratulations; Cut has no obligations to make friends out there. I also have nothing against FSU scoring as many points as they want. This was a championship game and Duke did not play championship-caliber football.

Immensely proud of Duke. We fought and fought hard. FSU is incredibly talented at every position, and it wore us down.

One more game for this remarkable group of guys to play. One more chance to surprise people.

Winston was about to admit it if he would've kept talking. Smart move to pull him away.

I'll root for FSU in the title game. I think it's rather petty to call them "F$U." I want the ACC to be relevant. And Michigan State just made Auburn pretty relevant, I think. Unless Ohio State can score twice in two minutes.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

My impressions:

1. Wow, that was a quick handshake by Cut. He must have been as annoyed as I was by FSU's BS.

2. Despite the score, I felt Duke was extremely respectable tonight.

3. Now that we're a football school, I will begin to dislike FSU after having liked them for the past 20 years.

4. If Duncan had caught that pass in the first quarter, or we had gone for it on 4th down at the end of the 2nd quarter, I felt the game might have come out a bit differently.

5. The Peach Bowl should feel confident we can hold our own against the #5 team from the SEC.

6. Kelby Brown is a Bad*ss....major props to him...and the rest of the defense...great season guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebballcamper90-91 View Post
    On the snub that was mentioned....prolly cause jimblow is out there with a champs hat on. I can't recall seeing a coach with a shirt or hat on after the game
    Interesting contrast with John Danowski who told the lacrosse team NOT to put on championship shirts and hats until after they had gone through the handshake line.

The best way to deal with such lack of class is to beat it.

Forgot one:

7. Ending the 1st quarter tied at 0-0 was a major, major victory IMHO. Would have been better if it was 3-0, us. But that's OK. Still a major accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Immensely proud of Duke. We fought and fought hard.
    Mark me down as immensely proud as well. While I didn't want to concede defeat before the game, I did have a mental list of moral victories and we checked off quite a few.

In the game at the end of the first quarter (tied, in fact!).

Scored a touchdown (albeit late).

Turned them over (two interceptions on the future Heisman trophy winner!).

We played hard and, even if it only lasted for a quarter, we put a scare in them. Definitely something to build on.

Sorry, but one more:

8. That interview with Winston at the end was pretty uncool. The kid is on his way to the National Championship, and probably Heisman, and the reporter asks 4 out of 5 questions focusing on an investigation to which he has been acquitted. THAT IS JUST BAD JOURNALISM. Have just a little respect....

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Sorry, but one more:

8. That interview with Winston at the end was pretty uncool. The kid is on his way to the National Championship, and probably Heisman, and the reporter asks 4 out of 5 questions focusing on an investigation to which he has been acquitted. THAT IS JUST BAD JOURNALISM. Have just a little respect....
    most on field reporters are clueless...which is why i like people like gregg popovich who calls out reporters who ask stupid questions...if you watch K's pressers, he'll often do similar things when people ask dumb questions
    April 1