Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1080
    For a guy who's only done a few surgeries, and was in the middle of a field with awfully limited resources, Siddiq sure did a bang up job on a guy with a slit throat who'd been lying there bleeding for quite some time already.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, after All Out War it seems next season will bring Civil War with Maggie and Daryl plotting to overthrow Rick so they can kill Negan. Ummm, ok. That seems stupid, but is par for the course for TWD.

Jadis left the trash heap and has moved to Alexandria or Hilltop... what about the Helicopter that so upset her when she was unable to signal it?

I like that Negan gets to still be a character. I am guessing they will have him escape at some point. I hope he can play a role as a prisoner too.

Eugene sure is lucky no one took a shot at a random walker or escaping Father Gabe or the entire give-everyone-fake-exploding-bullets plan would have been blown. That resolution was fine, but I would have liked to see Rosita or Daryl or Gabe say something that actually changed Eugene's mind. The show tricked all of us but did it in a dishonest way by not showing any reason at all that Eugene would put his life in danger and destroy his comfortable position.

--Jason "at least Fear the Walking Dead looked better by not having any of the old characters in it at all" Evans
    I think "Civil War" is too strong. Rick said when it is over that she would be in charge. Either she will kill Negan or find a way to live with it. I was most surprised to see Jesus in on that conversation.

The helicopter and the women in the van are intriguing for next season. Also, it looks like that youngish ex-Savior that wants to build things will be a more major character going forward.

Now we know why Eugene had such a serious look on his face when Negan had a gun to Gabe's head. I agree there was nothing to indicate his turn from heel to babyface.

One thing that was unsatisfying was that Rick never could kick Negan's behind. Negan says he is bigger and stronger. Okay, but Rick was a cop. They have some training in hand to hand combat. That doesn't guarantee anything, but I would have enjoyed seeing Negan getting physically beaten.

To bad Carl died. A whole village of young women just showed up.

Oh well, at least this part is over, and they can move on to the next challenge. Hilltop could become a decent size civilization in this world now.

I'm a little confused by the ending with Maggie, Daryl, and Jesus.

1. There is a 0% chance that Jesus would be part of that conversation. That does not fit who his character is at all.

2. Why would Maggie and Daryl not just talk to Rick and say "Hey, you're making a huge fu**ing mistake. Kill him." If Rick says no, then they just go kill him and deal with the consequences. Why plot against Rick?

If you were to remove that odd Maggie scene, I think the show would be in a better position than it has been for some time. It can focus on the attempt to build a civilization in a run-down world, with a massive horde on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    1. There is a 0% chance that Jesus would be part of that conversation. That does not fit who his character is at all.
    Jesus has spent this entire season preaching forgiveness and healing. Maggie lost her husband to Negan and Daryl was tortured by him, but we have not seen any reason for Jesus to have especially deep hatred toward Negan. There is no way Jesus would be part of that group plotting against Rick and Michonne. It should have been Rosita.

-Jason "they already dealt with a giant herd a few seasons ago, right before the Saviors were introduced. I hope the show comes up with something new to make this herd interesting" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jesus has spent this entire season preaching forgiveness and healing. Maggie lost her husband to Negan and Daryl was tortured by him, but we have not seen any reason for Jesus to have especially deep hatred toward Negan. There is no way Jesus would be part of that group plotting against Rick and Michonne. It should have been Rosita.

-Jason "they already dealt with a giant herd a few seasons ago, right before the Saviors were introduced. I hope the show comes up with something new to make this herd interesting" Evans
    They're all vegetarians...now that would be a twist I would want to watch!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They're all vegetarians...now that would be a twist I would want to watch!
    Or they are just posing as walkers because they are really a gigantic flash mob that breaks into song and dance...roll credits with the O'Jays - Love Train playing. Series over. (People all over the world - join hands...)

I think we can all agree the show needs some major changes. It's been rough for a while now.

So, if you were in charge, where would you take the show from here? How would you fix the problems? You can't go back and change anything that has been done.

I have a few ideas, but I'm interested in hearing what others think.

I think we can all agree the show needs some major changes. It's been rough for a while now.

So, if you were in charge, where would you take the show from here? How would you fix the problems? You can't go back and change anything that has been done.

Quit with the sideways story line and actually progress towards something... anything. For seasons now we have just had roughly the same story line hits rehashed over and over. How about they finally build some type of "empire" and actually work on a solution to the zombie apocalypse. I know what I would do but it would take me waaay to long to type it out on my phone.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Or they are just posing as walkers because they are really a gigantic flash mob that breaks into song and dance...roll credits with the O'Jays - Love Train playing. Series over. (People all over the world - join hands...)
    Well from the comics you aren't to far off... Whisperers anyone?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Since the show began I have thought that the Pentagon would be the ideal fortification. Yes, it would need to be cleared, and that would be a gigantic task, but then it would be perfect with plenty of room for gardens between the rings of buildings. It seems that some portion of command and control would have been saved and this could be a way forward. If there were even a battalion sized military left, they could help build civilization and weed out the Negan-type clans. The helicopter has me wondering as do the well manicured women in the van. They seemed exceptionally clean and well groomed. I would like to see the Hilltop group make substantial gains to the point where outside threats are minimized. I would like to see the threat of the walkers increase and the threat of the living decrease. Soon things like infection and disease will return and that would add realism. These people have done very well for themselves without medical and dental care. That won't last. Also, wild fires should be burning out of control from time to time. I guess I would like to see them come up with the most realistic things that would happen if this world were real.

I’ve been waiting for a blizzard. They’re in Northern Virginia afterall.

one of the things that i've noticed is, no one ever talks about their past careers....in reality, these folks would be talking about working for Ibm, or walmart or the ford dealership....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    one of the things that i've noticed is, no one ever talks about their past careers...in reality, these folks would be talking about working for Ibm, or walmart or the ford dealership...
    The zombies or the humans?
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    one of the things that i've noticed is, no one ever talks about their past careers...in reality, these folks would be talking about working for Ibm, or walmart or the ford dealership...
    Feels totally irrelevant to the current situation. Unless your past career was in medicine or farming or the military/police, it is pretty much useless in this world. Plus, they may be talking about mundane stuff like that all the time, but the TV show does not bother to show it to us. I mean, the Walking Dead is dull and slow-paced enough without letting us in on random, unimportant conversations.

Meanwhile, Fear is back on the air and is trying to be totally different from what it used to be... and yet it still sucks. They introduced some new bad guys this week, The Vultures. The Vultures could not be less interesting or compelling. At one point, their leader tries to convince Madison to have everyone abandon the nice baseball stadium that is their home but he does not give any reason for her to listen or take his advice. It is like it was written by someone who had no ideas at all for making a story move along. Sooo bad.

-Jason "why am I still watching? I have no good answer for that... I feel ashamed" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

They introduced some new bad guys this week, The Vultures. The Vultures could not be less interesting or compelling. At one point, their leader tries to convince Madison to have everyone abandon the nice baseball stadium that is their home but he does not give any reason for her to listen or take his advice. It is like it was written by someone who had no ideas at all for making a story move along. Sooo bad.

-Jason "why am I still watching? I have no good answer for that... I feel ashamed" Evans
    1. You are still watching because TV in general sucks and this is at least a different type of suck from the normal TV suck.

2. So, I'm watching these vultures roll up and make their threats. Assuming you are taking them seriously and aren't going to appease them...why wouldn't you get up in your sniper towers and coordinate an attack. How many are sitting out there in the open? They clearly mean to blockade and starve you. Get it started right by at least taking out the apparent leaders. Hopefully the gunfire draws more walkers to the area in which they either have to engage or become trapped themselves in vehicles with limited supply of gasoline which them become deadly greenhouses once the sun rises. It would be so easy to defeat them. It's not as if they rolled up with hundreds of people and all their guns pointed out. You clearly are not in a position to withstand a siege.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    1. You are still watching because TV in general sucks and this is at least a different type of suck from the normal TV suck.

2. So, I'm watching these vultures roll up and make their threats. Assuming you are taking them seriously and aren't going to appease them...why wouldn't you get up in your sniper towers and coordinate an attack. How many are sitting out there in the open? They clearly mean to blockade and starve you. Get it started right by at least taking out the apparent leaders. Hopefully the gunfire draws more walkers to the area in which they either have to engage or become trapped themselves in vehicles with limited supply of gasoline which them become deadly greenhouses once the sun rises. It would be so easy to defeat them. It's not as if they rolled up with hundreds of people and all their guns pointed out. You clearly are not in a position to withstand a siege.
    Perhaps, but check out the cord cutting thread. There are some really good shows on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon not to mention HBO and Showtime. And now YouTube Red has joined the fray. I don't think there's ever been a time when we've had so much content, and some of it is really, really good. You have to pay for it, but there are good shows to be found.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Perhaps, but check out the cord cutting thread. There are some really good shows on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon not to mention HBO and Showtime. And now YouTube Red has joined the fray. I don't think there's ever been a time when we've had so much content, and some of it is really, really good. You have to pay for it, but there are good shows to be found.
    Yup, and I watch a ton of them... which is why my dogged insistence on sticking with both TWD and FTWD is so baffling. Neither my wife nor I can figure it out. We both say we want to quit, and yet it shows up on our DVR every Sunday and we (at some point) find ourselves watching it.

I think the answer is that we are lousy at giving up on stuff, though we've gotten better. In the past 3 years we've quit Grey's Anatomy and Designated Survivor. We had decided to stop watching Fear but when Morgan was added and then we found out a friend of ours is in the cast (her name is Rhoda Griffis and she played Viv in this week's episode... but I think she will only appear in a couple more) so we are sticking with it for the moment.

-Jason "I'm all about the chord cutting... I hate waiting a week between episodes now" Evans

Some pretty big casting news about next season. I'll put it behind spoiler text because some folks don't want to know who will and will not be coming back.

Spoiler!

-Jason "this is what happens when you take a good thing and stretch it too long. The story falls apart and the actors get sick of doing it" Evans

Some pretty big casting news about next season. I'll put it behind spoiler text because some folks don't want to know who will and will not be coming back.

Spoiler!

-Jason "this is what happens when you take a good thing and stretch it too long. The story falls apart and the actors get sick of doing it" Evans
    Is it that they stretched it on too long or did they just take it in a wrong and repeated direction? After they battled Terminus, and the Governor they found Alexandria (and the Hilltop, etc) and were now faced with Negan. Really? Negan, another a-hole to fight? Why not move the story and civilization forward? Settle into Alexandria, have occasional small battles, have adventures where characters support other places (Hilltop, etc.) and where Rick and the others go out recruiting (like they were recruited). Grow the village, overcome engineering practices, establish a decent democracy, establish a new normal where things are getting better and there are different challenges (other than War vs. Gov/Negan/Whoever). Or we can just war with the Negans of the world until eventually we all die.

The season 23 (wait, that can't be right) trailer has dropped.