Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Well, we got our answers about the guns. Looks like we're going to lose a chunk of Ezekiel's people as well.

The show finally started to address the elephant in the room. What separates Rick's group from the Saviors?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Well, we got our answers about the guns. Looks like we're going to lose a chunk of Ezekiel's people as well.

The show finally started to address the elephant in the room. What separates Rick's group from the Saviors?
    On the surface there is not a ton of difference between the two groups. I know we have been set up to root for Rick's side, but Negan's side does have an inordinate amount of A-Holes. Rick's group will fight to survive and create communities, while Negan's is about rule through intimidation and mafia style tactics.

I wonder if we will see a prisoner exchange. It looks like Carol and perhaps some others might get captured.

I have a bad feeling Shiva met her match against the .50 cal.

I hope they keep an eye on Gregory. I can see him helping the prisoners for his own gain.

Jesus is not good at war. Did I just type that?

I loved the final seconds as Ezekiel sees the .50 cal and calls for everyone to scatter. Instead, four or five Kingdom soldiers shout, "To the king!!!" and throw themselves on top of him just as bullets intended for Ezekiel strafe their bodies.

I really hope Shiva is not gone, but I know the show has to pay a lot to CGI her into scenes. Unless they have some special plan for her in the story, I won't be surprised if they off her soon.

Jason " I thought it was a decent episode - Rick and Daryl are going to come rescue Carol and Zeke, I think" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Jason " I thought it was a decent episode - Rick and Daryl are going to come rescue Carol and Zeke, I think" Evans
    Also think there is some conflict brewing with Rick and Daryl.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Also think there is some conflict brewing with Rick and Daryl.
    This conflict is similar to the one between Jesus and Morgan. This theme will be important in the episodes to come. Army's can have creeds and laws as to how they will conduct themselves, but it has to be difficult for a group of people thrown together to come up with rules of war on the fly. It is too easy to say they should have had this discussion before the attacks began. They were thinking about winning and staying alive. Taking prisoners is a difficult and risky endeavor that uses resources. Those who saw Negan use Lucille should be less inclined to take prisoners is my guess. As for Rick, well he gave his word but Daryl didn't. Splitting hairs I know, but there is no tribunal in a zombie apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    This conflict is similar to the one between Jesus and Morgan. This theme will be important in the episodes to come. Army's can have creeds and laws as to how they will conduct themselves, but it has to be difficult for a group of people thrown together to come up with rules of war on the fly. It is too easy to say they should have had this discussion before the attacks began. They were thinking about winning and staying alive. Taking prisoners is a difficult and risky endeavor that uses resources. Those who saw Negan use Lucille should be less inclined to take prisoners is my guess. As for Rick, well he gave his word but Daryl didn't. Splitting hairs I know, but there is no tribunal in a zombie apocalypse.
    Evil Boss: If you tell me the location of the rebel base I won't kill you.
    Rebel: Ok, the base is on Dantooine.
    Evil Boss: Evil Henchman, please kill the rebel.
    Rebel: But you told me you weren't going to kill me?
    Evil Boss: I'm not going to kill you, the Evil Henchman is.

I have no doubt a fair number of the survivors are not Neagan, but that one guy that keeps poking Morgan should definitely be dead already. It's one thing to keep a dog alive that you are unsure if it has rabbies until you are certain...and it's something far more dangerous to keep a large dangerous dog alive that you KNOW has rabbies.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I have no doubt a fair number of the survivors are not Neagan, but that one guy that keeps poking Morgan should definitely be dead already. It's one thing to keep a dog alive that you are unsure if it has rabbies until you are certain...and it's something far more dangerous to keep a large dangerous dog alive that you KNOW has rabbies.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that in real life, Morgan would have off'd that guy and not even thought twice about it. If Jesus had been upset he would have said, "I saw this guy mercilessly kill an innocent kid for no reason whatsoever and he keeps on taunting me about it. He's a bad person, an evil person. I don't know about the rest of these folks, might be some good folks here who just got caught up on the wrong side, but this guy deserved to die. Also, King Ezekiel will bless this killing, trust me."

But, on the show they are keeping him alive so he and Morgan can have conflict. I am sure bad Savior will be a thorn in the side of the Hilltop and will probably escape at some point and do something terrible (kill someone?) before Morgan hunts him down and gets revenge.

-Jason "I could totally write this show" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that in real life, Morgan would have off'd that guy and not even thought twice about it. If Jesus had been upset he would have said, "I saw this guy mercilessly kill an innocent kid for no reason whatsoever and he keeps on taunting me about it. He's a bad person, an evil person. I don't know about the rest of these folks, might be some good folks here who just got caught up on the wrong side, but this guy deserved to die. Also, King Ezekiel will bless this killing, trust me."

But, on the show they are keeping him alive so he and Morgan can have conflict. I am sure bad Savior will be a thorn in the side of the Hilltop and will probably escape at some point and do something terrible (kill someone?) before Morgan hunts him down and gets revenge.

-Jason "I could totally write this show" Evans
    No offense, Jason, but the writing of this show has gotten so bad, I'm pretty sure my kids' guinea pigs could give the writers a run for their money at this point.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No offense, Jason, but the writing of this show has gotten so bad, I'm pretty sure my kids' guinea pigs could give the writers a run for their money at this point.

I gave up on it some seasons ago for exactly that reason. I can buy the breaking of rules we all accept to start (i.e. zombies exist) but not when shows violate the basic rules of human behavior and personalities and tendencies.

I watch the show but am hardly obsessed by it, so I lose track of stuff from time to time...question: where is the ever annoying Carl? Did he get offed or has he gone to summer camp someplace nice like New England?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I watch the show but am hardly obsessed by it, so I lose track of stuff from time to time...question: where is the ever annoying Carl? Did he get offed or has he gone to summer camp someplace nice like New England?
    Carl is with Michonne in Alexandria.

Carl is with Michonne in Alexandria.
    ah, thanks..too bad, Michonne does pretty well in most battle scenes...

Since the show makes little sense sometimes, I wish they would just give "Puddin'" his eye back. The patch is annoying. He will probably be part of the show for years and it is just a distraction. Maybe they can write in a doctor that knows how to replace eyes.

Since the show makes little sense sometimes, I wish they would just give "Puddin'" his eye back. The patch is annoying. He will probably be part of the show for years and it is just a distraction. Maybe they can write in a doctor that knows how to replace eyes.
    In payment they could give the doc that stupid hat, and we'd be rid of that too. Or better yet, just get rid of Carl altogether.

Oh! They could use a zombie eye! That's just what we need.

I know Shiva had to go, but I hate how they did it. She should have been part of the .50 cal. carnage. That would have been sad enough and realistic. Seeing how she tossed one of the walkers clear over the bank, I do not buy that a cat that size would have had any trouble attacking or avoiding those walkers, and yes, I was a little upset about the death of a CGI tiger in an already imaginary world.

The King was completely devastated, and the Kingdom is devoid of an army. Great loss had to be part of this war, and the Kingdom paid the price, but not before inflicting some serious damage to the Saviors.

Rick and Daryl got the guns! That is a game changer obviously.

Previews show Negan with presumably Father Gabriel's rifle. Not shocked, but still disappointed. It is not Negan's style to simply kill him. He likes the sound of his own voice too much. Hopefully, we will get a glimpse into who he was.

It seems that the remainder of the Kingdom should probably go to Alexandria or the Hilltop. They have little protection now.

I was also sad to see Shiva go, especially the way she did. The tiger could have clearly run through the walkers without any difficulty.

I never once believed that Ezekiel would die in this episode. One that I used to enjoy about this show is that they would kill off characters at any time. Now I know that major deaths only happen at finales and they aren't going to touch the main crew.

I had watched the first season of Fear the Walking Dead and had given up on the show, but recently started watching season 3 (which is available on AMC.com) and I must admit I am very pleasantly surprised. I would say right now it might be the better show of the two. I don't know if that's how far TWD has fallen, or if Fear has just gotten that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I had watched the first season of Fear the Walking Dead and had given up on the show, but recently started watching season 3 (which is available on AMC.com) and I must admit I am very pleasantly surprised. I would say right now it might be the better show of the two. I don't know if that's how far TWD has fallen, or if Fear has just gotten that much better.
    I watch Fear and, even as bad as TWD has gotten, Fear is far, far, far worse. The characters are all idiots and I don't really give a flip about any of them. Right now, I am only continuing to watch because I am sure Michael Cudlitz is going to join the show as Abraham next season. I figure they can keep him around for at least 2 or 3 seasons before they have to send him off toward the East coast and death at the hands of Lucille.

I was also sad to see Shiva go, especially the way she did. The tiger could have clearly run through the walkers without any difficulty.

I never once believed that Ezekiel would die in this episode. One that I used to enjoy about this show is that they would kill off characters at any time. Now I know that major deaths only happen at finales and they aren't going to touch the main crew.
    I agree. Couldn't believe those walkers took her down so easily. Couldn't she have Jon just shoved her way through? Plus, wouldn't tiger hide be a lot thicker and tougher than human skin and even clothing? I get that enough walkers would weigh her down, but it didn't seem like there were nearly enough for that.