Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    You know, I hear that from so many people, but never from Kyrie. He says it's not true. I think what happens is that somebody supposes it, then people start repeating it, and pretty soon it becomes an "established fact."
    Well we're all hopeful and want the best for Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    You know, I hear that from so many people, but never from Kyrie. He says it's not true. I think what happens is that somebody supposes it, then people start repeating it, and pretty soon it becomes an "established fact."
    You don't think a more likely scenario is that Kyrie is miserable behind the scenes but doesn't want the Cavs fanbase to hate him so he denies it? Kyrie is too smart to alienate the city of Cleveland, especially a) he's the face of the franchise, b) he saw what happened to LeBron, and c) he's a marketer's dream.

I do think that Kyrie doesn't like the Cleveland organization. I mean, how can you? Incompetence is everywhere.

The Kyrie case is an interesting one to follow. Let's hope that he kills it during Team USA and reestablishes himself.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Battier JUST reaches 30,000 regular season minutes for his career:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...est-begins-now

"The third objective was less serious: allowing Shane Battier to reach a career milestone of 30,000 regular-season minutes. Battier joked with Spoelstra at the morning shootaround that he needed to play a season-high 36 minutes in his final regular season game in order to reach 30,000 for his career.

Spoelstra laughed it off in the morning, but by the evening, he ran out of bodies at the end of the bench. James, Bosh, Rashard Lewis and Chris Andersen all got the night off and Michael Beasley turned his right ankle in the third quarter and had to leave the game.

At that point, Battier checked in with the scorer’s table to see how many minutes he needed until 30,000.

“Only six?” Battier laughed as he turned to walk onto the court. “I’ve come this far, can’t turn back now.”

Battier ended up playing 39 minutes -- three more than he needed -- and finished with a trio of 3-pointers.

“Once I sniffed it, it was like a dog to a T-bone,” Battier said. “I had to go get it.”

After the loss, Battier, who’s expected to retire this summer, marched into the locker room, fully-equipped with jokes.

“I came in the league averaging about 40 minutes a game,” Battier announced to his teammates, “And in my last game I played about 40 minutes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Battier JUST reaches 30,000 regular season minutes for his career:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...est-begins-now

"The third objective was less serious: allowing Shane Battier to reach a career milestone of 30,000 regular-season minutes. Battier joked with Spoelstra at the morning shootaround that he needed to play a season-high 36 minutes in his final regular season game in order to reach 30,000 for his career.

Spoelstra laughed it off in the morning, but by the evening, he ran out of bodies at the end of the bench. James, Bosh, Rashard Lewis and Chris Andersen all got the night off and Michael Beasley turned his right ankle in the third quarter and had to leave the game.

At that point, Battier checked in with the scorer’s table to see how many minutes he needed until 30,000.

“Only six?” Battier laughed as he turned to walk onto the court. “I’ve come this far, can’t turn back now.”

Battier ended up playing 39 minutes -- three more than he needed -- and finished with a trio of 3-pointers.

“Once I sniffed it, it was like a dog to a T-bone,” Battier said. “I had to go get it.”

After the loss, Battier, who’s expected to retire this summer, marched into the locker room, fully-equipped with jokes.

“I came in the league averaging about 40 minutes a game,” Battier announced to his teammates, “And in my last game I played about 40 minutes.”
    I am going to miss Battier when he retires.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I am going to miss Battier when he retires.
    no, you won't…….i think he'll be totally visible……….

you're gonna see him plenty...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    no, you won't…….i think he'll be totally visible……….

you're gonna see him plenty...
    ...if you turn on TNT on Thursday nights.

I honestly believe that there is 0% chance that Battier comes back to Duke. Nothing against Duke, but Battier will be a coveted back office / coaching asset in the League. If that doesn't work out, then maybe he'll come back to Duke. But I don't see Battier coming to Duke when any NBA team can offer more money, more resources, more analysis, and more responsibility than Duke can.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club