Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What did she say?

Brains are an important part of beauty pageants... as evidenced by this answer from Miss Teen South Carolina...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Oh, and in case you were wondering, she was one of the 5 finalists. After that answer though, there is no way they could let her win. It would have been a huge embarassment.

-Jason "you know it is going bad when she says 'U.S. Americans...'" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 08-26-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Thankyou, that was great stuff. Got a good laugh out of that. Couldn't figure out what South Africa had to do with anything. Of course, she's just a teen, so I imagine it must be difficult to give an impromptu response to those questions.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she may have just locked up due to stress. That was really painful. I couldn't get to the end due to off the charts vicarious embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she may have just locked up due to stress. That was really painful. I couldn't get to the end due to off the charts vicarious embarrassment.
    Too painful for me to get past the part where she says they don't have maps.

"I believe that our education like, uh, such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everwhere like such as and.......our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries."

BWAHHHHAAAAHAA! HA HA!!! HAAAAAAA!! HAAAA!!!

What is, "The Iraq?"

Still though, **I'd explore her geography.

Great post Jason!

-EarlJam

**EarlJam fully honors and respects the opposite (superior) sex and would never attempt to "explore" or take any additional intimate actions without first obtaining the full written or oral consent of said member of the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    eh, it took her a bunch of lower level competitions to get to that point -- stress probably not a huge factor.

i'd say she's just...well...not to be mean, but...

...she probably has a full scholarship to UNC.

Talking disclaimer time

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    "I believe that our education like, uh, such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everwhere like such as and.......our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries."

BWAHHHHAAAAHAA! HA HA!!! HAAAAAAA!! HAAAA!!!

What is, "The Iraq?"

Still though, **I'd explore her geography.

Great post Jason!

-EarlJam

**EarlJam fully honors and respects the opposite (superior) sex and would never attempt to "explore" or take any additional intimate actions without first obtaining the full written or oral consent of said member of the opposite sex.
    No contestants were harmed in the typing of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    If I didn't know better from the context of this thread, reading that would make me assume that it came from a Presidential press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    eh, it took her a bunch of lower level competitions to get to that point -- stress probably not a huge factor.
    Really, you don't think there's a difference between lower level competitions and being on national TV? Do you have much experience with public speaking? There's a _huge_ difference between audiences of 10, 100, or 1000. I can't quite imagine what a million feels like.

But you are right, she went through lower level competitions. If she sounded like this much of an idiot every time she was asked a question, I doubt she would have made it this far.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post

...she probably has a full scholarship to UNC.

Bwahahahaha! Great answer!

BTW, have you ever seen Jay Leno ask the "average" people on the streets of LA questions about geography, history or God forbid government officials? This girl from SC is so typical of most of those people. Pitiful. Ignorant. Really really really ignorant. Offense intended.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    [/b]

Bwahahahaha! Great answer!

BTW, have you ever seen Jay Leno ask the "average" people on the streets of LA questions about geography, history or God forbid government officials? This girl from SC is so typical of most of those people. Pitiful. Ignorant. Really really really ignorant. Offense intended.
    It's not just L.A.

Hello Canada, our Eskimo neighbors to the South!

I agree, but...

Yes, one of the most ridiculous, asinine interviews in history. BUT -- I'd truly like to see you guys start a post about MALE athletes, etc. with the same distain. Is this woman?girl an idiot?? Truly. Ban her from the planet. But there are a lot of 'pretty boys' and 'pretty men' that rival this. Don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Yes, one of the most ridiculous, asinine interviews in history. BUT -- I'd truly like to see you guys start a post about MALE athletes, etc. with the same distain. Is this woman?girl an idiot?? Truly. Ban her from the planet. But there are a lot of 'pretty boys' and 'pretty men' that rival this. Don't ya think?
    dukemomLA, people have posted embarrassing interviews provided by male athletes. Within the last few months there was an interview given by Stephon Marbury posted here that was just as painful if not more to watch as Miss Teen SC's, especially since his interview lasted much longer than hers did.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    If I didn't know better from the context of this thread, reading that would make me assume that it came from a Presidential press conference.
    Good point! I watched Bush hold a press conference a couple of weeks ago and it was just painful - like watching that one kid in class who is so nervous he can barely speak in front of the class.

I lean conservative/Republican/Libertarian - but I must agree that when Bush speaks, it's an exercise in excruciating pain management.

-EarlJam

I have tried and tried and tried to access the video from various sources and I can not get anything to come up.
    What did she say?

ha ha ha, I finally got the link.

"US Americans"?? Are there "US Eurpeans"? Maybe she was going the way of "African Americans".

The interview was a hoot, thanks for sharing!!

US Americans

Well to be fair, there are many Americans who don't live in the US

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    ha ha ha, I finally got the link.

"US Americans"?? Are there "US Eurpeans"? Maybe she was going the way of "African Americans".

The interview was a hoot, thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    True. I laughed my arse off when I first heard her say that then thought to myself, "Well wait a minute. She may accidentally have a point there."

-EarlJam (A U.S. American)

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    And those who live outside of the US (like Canadians) clearly have access to maps.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    And those who live outside of the US (like Canadians) clearly have access to maps.
    I see a rock concert coming up in the future to benefit mapless U.S. Americans:

MapAid '08

-EarlJam