Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Okay! Now that's some heart!
    Agreed!

My feed just died. Don't think it's the satellite, since my other channels are working. Anyone else?

Finally realized the game was on Fox here in Richmond

And they promptly lose the signal, so we get baseball instead with 30 seconds left in the half...

So we didn't have to see Pitt score another TD

At least Duke has had some special teams plays to keep it fairly close...final TD is a killer

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    My feed just died. Don't think it's the satellite, since my other channels are working. Anyone else?
    Well, it's back in any case. Interesting half of football, to say the least. 468 yards allowed at halftime. Crowder has a rushing TD, receiving TD, and return TD. He's got a good chance at some kind of ACC player of the week award.

37 points allowed at the half. If Duke can't generate a pass rush, it's going to be more of the same, I'm afraid.

Not good when your best defensive player is pushed off and allows a TD catch (perfect throw by the Pitt QB, btw).

I know the Defense is the biggest problem in this game, but Connette has really struggled with consistency. Duke has had several drives end solely because of a poor throw on a simple pass. Besides the interceptions, there have been a couple of third down throws where Connette has simply missed an open receiver on a short route for a first down. You have to think that if Boone were in this game, Duke would have a few more points. Not to say anything bad about Connette, because he has done a more than admirable job given the circumstances, but he's not a full time passer.

Quote Originally Posted by nyesq83 View Post
    Not good when your best defensive player is pushed off and allows a TD catch (perfect throw by the Pitt QB, btw).
    Given up 547 yards and half way through 3rd quarter. Wonder what our defensive yards record is?

Agreed that Connette's lack of accuracy is the root of all this evil.

OMG, that sucked

Easy TD.

Nice pass by Connette for the makeup TD.
    Last edited by nyesq83; 09-21-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Not a bad design on the fake attempt, but given down, distance, time and score, Pitt was clearly playing for a fake. It still almost worked, but you can't ask your punter to make a perfect pass. A pass that led the receiver to the sideline would have given him a chance to run away from the tackle and make the yards, but the pass forced the receiver to reach inside and he was dead in the water when the catch was made.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    http://www.bewellbuzz.com/general/10-reasons-flu-shots-dangerous-flu/
    I would be careful on flu shots. I have never had one and only had the flu once.

There is a lot of misleading information on that site. I would not rely on it. Approved vaccines save lives, and wise people get them.

A good resource for people with questions about vaccines and other medical modalities is sciencebasedmedicine.org. [I am not affiliated with them.]

Play-by-play announcer with possibly the worst call of a touchdown ever.

Hope Connette isn't seriously hurt. Shoulda gone for 1 point in hindsight. Here comes the rain. Who will it favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Play-by-play announcer with possibly the worst call of a touchdown ever.
    But he was prescient -- just a little early!

Looks to be raining pretty hard. I don't think it will affect the game TOO much, but you just have worry a little more about securing the ball on those option tosses.

A little bummed. Supposed to be getting this game on sun, but a different game showing. Watch espn has the game, but blacked out here.

Sounds like the team is hanging tough despite all the bad breaks.

I GUESS Conette threw that because he thought the defender wasn't looking. I don't know how else to explain that decision.

Connette has just played his heart out, but he has made some absolutely terrible mistakes. That last pick was atrocious.

Oy Connette. That'll probably do it.

This team needs to find a way to get the ball in Crowder's hands more often.