View Poll Results: How many games do we win?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll

3 2.83%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 2.83%

5 4.72%

30 28.30%

38 35.85%

17 16.04%

7 6.60%

2 1.89%

1 0.94%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

How Many Games Does Duke Football Win?

I will be optimistic and say that we will win 8 or 9 games. I think that NCCU, Troy, Memphis, UVa, Wake, and Pitt are all games we should win. Then, I think that GT, Carolina, State, Navy, and our bowl opponent are all possible wins. Ultimately, I say that we beat State, Navy, and our bowl opponent, for a 9-4 record.

I currently say that we play Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    I will be optimistic and say that we will win 8 or 9 games.
    I believe you are being too optimistic, but I like it! I say we win seven games.
    Bob Green

12-0 regular season.
    ACC championship game victory
    BCS bowl victory
    Does the "and one" start this year? If so, 15-0 and a National Championship!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    12-0 regular season.
    BCS bowl victory
    Don't forget a Super Bowl in February!

It looks like 7 wins may be possible with the easy schedule this year. I do believe the team as a whole is improving each and every year since the arrival of Coach C. The improvement will have to improve if the team is going to actually beat a couple of the better conference teams. Good luck Devils!

I don't even need to look to figure who voted for 14!

Keep the faith, Ozzie. I'm figuring on 8 regular season but rather have you closer.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Don't forget a Super Bowl in February!
    Sorry, but the current team will not be eligible for the Super Bowl. None of our players are members of the NFL Players Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Sorry, but the current team will not be eligible for the Super Bowl. None of our players are members of the NFL Players Union.
    Would wins over Troy and NCCU count as only one win towards bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Would wins over Troy and NCCU count as only one win towards bowl eligibility?
    Troy is FBS, a win over them would be the same as a win over Alabama for bowl eligibility purposes.

Duke can only count one win against an FCS team like NCCU towards bowl eligibility, but there aren't any more FCS teams on the schedule, so it doesn't matter.

wins

I voted for eight wins ... but that's counting a bowl win. That's allowed, right?

I think 7-5 regular season, then a victory over Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl -- great matchup between Cut's once and current teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I voted for eight wins ... but that's counting a bowl win. That's allowed, right?

I think 7-5 regular season, then a victory over Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl -- great matchup between Cut's once and current teams!
    Yes, the bowl game counts. That would be a really fun game.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Time to bump this thread up.

Couldn't figure out how to see who voted for what. Obviously, Ozzie is the one at 14, and is closer than most! I'm one of the five at 9. The three at 10 are spot on right now.

You can see what OUR expectations were going into the season. Fortunately, Cut and the team didn't limit themselves to what others thought. (Including the ACC writers, who picked us for last in the Coastal.)

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Time to bump this thread up.

Couldn't figure out how to see who voted for what. Obviously, Ozzie is the one at 14, and is closer than most! I'm one of the five at 9. The three at 10 are spot on right now.

You can see what OUR expectations were going into the season. Fortunately, Cut and the team didn't limit themselves to what others thought. (Including the ACC writers, who picked us for last in the Coastal.)
    Actually, it looks like 3 folks predicted 14 wins. Unless, of course, Ozzie stole passwords and screen names and voted multiple times .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I had 8 regular season games, hard to believe that I was "under" given my predictions of the last few years.

Glad to be wrong. Miami? AT VT?!?

What a year. And TWO more games to go.

AND, we bring back a hell of a lot of players next year. AND a hell of a lot of talent comng in.

Fair to say, opportunity is there for the taking. And earning.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    12-0 regular season.
    BCS bowl victory
    OK, so 12 wins this season is a distinct probability! Counting wins over FSU this coming Saturday in Charlotte and then (dare I say) Alabama in the Orange Bowl on January 3rd! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

DUKE. We're a football school!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Distinct possibility may be a bit strong. I'm no statistician, but I would put our chances of beating Florida State and Alabama at maybe 5%. It's going to take something crazy for us to even compete with either team. They're just bigger, stronger, and faster. Cut has his work cut out.

I said 3.

I suck.

Dicing the crow and mixing it with left over cranberry sauce to dilute the nasty flavor a bit.

eight

I thought I was being an optimist when I voted for eight wins (and I included a bowl win to get to eight).

Wow, I never would have guessed 10 regular season wins!