I Am Filled With Anger!

For no particular reason. I'm just in a crappy mood. Does this ever happen to you? It rarely happens to me, EarlJam, but it has happened today.

I addition to Knight's "time killers" and perhaps, to some extent, my job, I plan to engage in some mind bending activity after a 1:30 client call today to put myself in more of a gay mood.

Of course, after my client call, I may go just walk out, quit, go to ESPN Zone, sit in a reclyner, watch sports and get drunk (or krunk).

I'm having a pre-call salad - and it sucks too.

-EarlJammit

Have you ever had one of those days that you were in a pleasant mood until you pull into the parking lot at work and suddenly your world sucks and you are in a foul mood?

As for you Earl of Jam, definitely do somethings that will distract you from an otherwise "yucky" (gotta watch what I say 'round here!) day as distractions can be a wonderful thang!

When I am stressed or otherwise down at work, I opt to visit the beach as quick as possible.
    Can get away? Sure ya can... check this out!:
    http://www.hotwaxsurfshop.com/mall/atlanticsurf.asp

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/california/laguna/

http://volusia.org/beach/daytona.htm
    http://www.hotwaxsurfshop.com/mall/atlanticsurf.asp

I'm mad as...

Can I have a turn at venting?

The sassafrasaras copier is NOT showing me any love today. And the copier guy may not be here until tomorrow morning. Hrruummpph!!

Not trying to make light of EarlJam's mood. There must be something in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Can I have a turn at venting?

The sassafrasaras copier is NOT showing me any love today. And the copier guy may not be here until tomorrow morning. Hrruummpph!!

Not trying to make light of EarlJam's mood. There must be something in the air!
    "PC Load Letter? What the (HONK) is THAT supposed to mean!?"

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    "PC Load Letter? What the (HONK) is THAT supposed to mean!?"
    Umm, Politically Correct letter? hee hee

ok that's it. Two or more people having a crappy day at the same time is the classic definition of having people leave work early.
    So with that typed, I give you all permission to leave work early today.
    Go ahead, I don't mind. Really. Just take off and come back tomorrow and try again

Labor Day is just around the corner

I feel so bad for you working folk.

I sprained my ankle last week and I'm currently out on worker's comp. I'll have to heal soon or hanging around home will make me INSANE! Oops! Too late.

Well, Earl, it is a Monday.

Which means tomorrow won't be a Monday.

Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Well, Earl, it is a Monday.

Which means tomorrow won't be a Monday.

Does that help?
    I'm in a better mood now. Just got off the phone with an editor at Grocery Headquarters magazine. We had a long discussion about energy management in refrigerated warehouses. Got to get on the horn in a few minutes to pitch Sara Lee's corndog facility up to multiple publications in the food processing industry.

If you all are ever in the need for an expert on corndog production, just let me know.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    If you all are ever in the need for an expert on corndog production, just let me know.
    -EarlJam
    Gosh, I was just discussing with my supervisor the merits of corndog production and how to increase yield without sacrificing energy or labor costs.

I believe where I work (Duke University) is in high demand for corndog production!
    They need some good corndogs 'round here sometimes, I really believe it!

Glad your day is getting better. Odd how that works as you approach quittin' time, eh?

Crappy day too, can't leave early

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    ok that's it. Two or more people having a crappy day at the same time is the classic definition of having people leave work early.
    So with that typed, I give you all permission to leave work early today.
    Go ahead, I don't mind. Really. Just take off and come back tomorrow and try again

Barring the fact that I shouldn't even be at work today (DAMN AirTran to hell -- no, I never made it to DC at all), it's just been a bleah, headache inducing day. To top it off, I can't even leave work early tonight, or rather, it's not recommended. Why? Because President Bush is in town, and his motorcade requires that the INTERSTATE be cleared of traffic while he's on it.

So, for two times this "late afternoon," (due to security, they won't even release the timeframes, but they've made clear it will be during rush hour), my primary commuting route home will be blocked off for an hour at a time. Even if I voted for the guy (or the Congressman he's here to raise funds for), I'd be peeved.

Addendum: You know what would make me feel better? A nice, crisp corndog. With Mustard. And a couple beers to wash it down.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    To top it off, I can't even leave work early tonight, or rather, it's not recommended. Why? Because President Bush is in town, and his motorcade requires that the INTERSTATE be cleared of traffic while he's on it.

So, for two times this "late afternoon," (due to security, they won't even release the timeframes, but they've made clear it will be during rush hour), my primary commuting route home will be blocked off for an hour at a time. Even if I voted for the guy (or the Congressman he's here to raise funds for), I'd be peeved.
    They did this same thing for Al Gore in the Triangle back when he was VP. Maybe if they didn't close off major expressways during rush hour, they wouldn't have to worry about their security so much...