Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

May need to reopen the PJ poll.

And if this goes back to mid-March, it may lead to UNC vacating games. I believe their last game was a March 24th loss to Kansas.

Clearly, someone beyond PJ and Fatz knows who was driving the car. Kinda conspicuous, no?

Edit: looks like the car was rented March 25th, the day after the season ended.

So, if all the rentals and tickets and drinking, etc. were done after last season was over and before the new season started and he was not taking classes or working out with the team during this time, they can retroactively suspend him for that time period and they should be good to go. Won't that work for them?
    I would think some/most? unc fans would go along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Roy must hate weekends.

This is pretty damning IMO. Hairston will have an NCAA cloud over his head all season, Roy can't play him.

I think he is done.

(Great find, tried to spork you but am barred at present)
    Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    Just the idea of a "spork" from you is an honor. Both of my uncles were Phi Kaps. I have many happy memories of visiting "the section" and how nice the guys were.
    I "covered" OPK with the sporks. Thanks for finding and sharing.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    I guess you can't find anything if you don't want to look. ...
    No, no. The NCAA and UNC are on this. But as Butch Davis eloquently stated, "How do you keep tabs on 27,000 students?" That Butch, he was a logician of the highest order.

I'm sure they are working their way through the student directory one name at a time. They'll get to "H" for Hairston in due time...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Is this the first time Porsche (for which there is no substitute) has made an appearance in Wheels for Heels?

The final two parking citations were issued while the car was rented from April 25 to June 17 under the name of Catinia Farrington, who shares Thomas' Durham address...

In addition, a 2009 Porsche Cayenne registered to Farrington was twice cited for campus parking violations, once on April 19 and once on July 1, according to school records.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/08/...ayer-gets.html

Wonder who was driving the Cayenne?
    This SHOULD come to light. What kid in today's world would drive a Cayenne, MSRP $50,000 - $100,000, and NOT post some sort of evidence on social media? If not the driver, at least a passenger!

I just can't wait to read all about next week's revelations. I'll wonder what it'll be...

I've been looking at the Chapel Hill News and Daily Tarheel. I think their investigative journalists are on vacation or studying hard for their AFAM exams.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I "covered" OPK with the sporks. Thanks for finding and sharing.
    Whoops. I also covered the sporks before I read this. Since mine aren't as valuable as OPK's, however, maybe when added to devildeac's it will add up to be equivalent.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    This SHOULD come to light. What kid in today's world would drive a Cayenne, MSRP $50,000 - $100,000, and NOT post some sort of evidence on social media? If not the driver, at least a passenger!
    If it's the rental version - it's lame. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Whoops. I also covered the sporks before I read this. Since mine aren't as valuable as OPK's, however, maybe when added to devildeac's it will add up to be equivalent.

ricks
    Both of yours are of higher quality than mine, I assure you.

Regarding PJ, can Roy play him until the NcAA gives the all-clear? And doesn't hat take more than a year? I think he's gotta sit.

Regarding PJ, can Roy play him until the NcAA gives the all-clear? And doesn't hat take more than a year? I think he's gotta sit.
    It looks like this scenario is gaining a lot more credence in my mind, also.

ricks

Let's assume PJ doesn't play this year.

1. What does that do to his draft status in 2014? Quality NBA prospect or damaged goods without recent PT?
    2. Or would he sit out this year, play next year, and enter the draft in 2015?
    3. If he has to sit this year, might he transfer? Is it too late for him to transfer for next year and sit the year out?
    4. Would sitting out this year at UNC-CH on a suspension give him another year of eligibility, meaning he could look forward to the 2016 draft, having two more years of PT before he enters?

I don't see sufficient maturity here to forecast his being a student-athlete in good standing through next year, let alone 2016, but I'm interested in his options.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Let's assume PJ doesn't play this year.

1. What does that do to his draft status in 2014? Quality NBA prospect or damaged goods without recent PT?
    2. Or would he sit out this year, play next year, and enter the draft in 2015?
    3. If he has to sit this year, might he transfer? Is it too late for him to transfer for next year and sit the year out?
    4. Would sitting out this year at UNC-CH on a suspension give him another year of eligibility, meaning he could look forward to the 2016 draft, having two more years of PT before he enters?

I don't see sufficient maturity here to forecast his being a student-athlete in good standing through next year, let alone 2016, but I'm interested in his options.
    Guesses:

1. Sitting a year drops him down the chart. Better off going to Europe if he is set on the NBA draft next year.
    2. Probably his better choice, but it would take maturity and commitment. My magic 8 ball says "not likely"
    3. I think he can transfer up until the time he enrolled for the fall semester, but still has to sit a year. No reason to do this.
    4. Good question, players take years off without affecting eligibility (Andre Dawkins, several Mormon players come to mind). I think PJ is not this patient though.

Good questions.

Guesses:

1. Sitting a year drops him down the chart. Better off going to Europe if he is set on the NBA draft next year.
    2. Probably his better choice, but it would take maturity and commitment. My magic 8 ball says "not likely"
    3. I think he can transfer up until the time he enrolled for the fall semester, but still has to sit a year. No reason to do this.
    4. Good question, players take years off without affecting eligibility (Andre Dawkins, several Mormon players come to mind). I think PJ is not this patient though.

Good questions.
    Or go to the d league like Glen Rice Jr did and get drafted in the first round anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Or go to the d league like Glen Rice Jr did and get drafted in the first round anyway...
    Yes, that as well.

IF he thinks his best future move is to enter next year's draft, and/or avoid the prison that is UNC basketball (per McCants), best move is to go show skills now and get some scratch as opposed to missing a good part or all of a year and then hope he is not too damaged.

Guesses:

Good questions.
    Another question -- if he should opt for the transfer route would he would be required to sit out for whatever suspension he gets plus the one year sit out that goes with the transfer? My recommendation would be for him to get an agent tomorrow, and take the best deal the agent gets, here or abroad.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    He treated his coach and program like people he doesn't care about, he put himself first, time and time again, AFTER being busted once.
    Who is he going to transfer to that gives him the chance for national exposure that UNC does? Who is going to take him, knowing that he already turned down the NBA once? Not gonna happen.
    He is not going to sit on the bench of any other school just so he can play one only more year, and no other school is going to invest in him to give him that opportunity.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Another question -- if he should opt for the transfer route would he would be required to sit out for whatever suspension he gets plus the one year sit out that goes with the transfer? My recommendation would be for him to get an agent tomorrow, and take the best deal the agent gets, here or abroad.
    As I understand it, there is no money in the D League for a guy without an NBA contract.

Awhom111, you are the expert in the Euro leagues. What's the process by which Hairston could sign with a Euro team? How much could he make?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    As I understand it, there is no money in the D League for a guy without an NBA contract.

Awhom111, you are the expert in the Euro leagues. What's the process by which Hairston could sign with a Euro team? How much could he make?
    Regardless- no real money to be made in D league. He would need to be paid other ways- i.e. a loan based of future earnings etc.