Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    All Hail the world's greatest grocery store: WEGMANS!!!!! I wish I could live in the Wegs.
    I'm close. I live about 10 min from two Wegmans (one to the west, and one to the east). It's a little excessive.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    These comments from the above N&O article are quite entertaining:

The Teeter's prime milf hunting grounds. And for that they should be saluted.

The Morrocroft Teeter in Charlotte is a cougar hunting preserve. If you know what I mean...

The one on "Sharon" Road? I've known a few folks who'd go shopping at the Teeter around one or two in the morning wearing hunting camo.

Is it as good as yoga class or wine tastings? No, but unlike those there's no admission fee.
    I didn't read the comments the first time through. Thanks for pointing them out!

I did think this comment would bristle a certain posters beard, though!
    Harris Teeter. It rhymes with Derek Jeter
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    Mebane is a growing town. You can also shop at Walmart, but with limited choices of brands.

I remember when Kroger stores closed in Alamance County, and the opening of Harris Teeter stores.
    I love Mebane. I hate Wal-Mart.

I will be moving away from my beloved Ingles...large clean stores with great layouts and a nice produce/meat section. They have a nice mix of expensive brands and inexpensive brands...and some of the stores here carry local beer...which I will miss most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Out here, we have QFC, which is Kroger-owned, as well as Fred Meyer (which is more a Target + Groceries type store.) The QFCs I routinely visit are clean, well-maintained, and have good discounts. That said, the Top Food (Haggen's) is 1 mile from my house, and there's a Safeway on the way home from daycare, so those get most of my grocery $$.
    QFC is great, much better than Ralph's, the Kroger-owned chain in SoCal. Ralph's produce generally sucks, and Kroger private-label stuff is pretty mediocre. They win because the alternatives (Von's, owned by Safeway, Albertson's, and Wal-Mart) are worse.

Good luck, y'all. Maybe someday Trader Joe's will make it to NC (the nearest one is in Richmond).

Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post

Good luck, y'all. Maybe someday Trader Joe's will make it to NC (the nearest one is in Richmond).
    There are three in the Triangle - one in Raleigh, one in Cary, and one in Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    There are three in the Triangle - one in Raleigh, one in Cary, and one in Chapel Hill.
    Trader Joes around Charlotte too...

Sorry, I had to post this . . .

Saw this and I had to laugh. It is a post I made over five years ago in EarlJam's Publix vs Kroger thread. Compare it with my earlier post in this thread. Guess things have not changed on the Kroger front!

From 2/2008: "I hate Kroger. They have the rudest and most incompetent people working for them. I LOVE the Teeter. I realized the difference b/tw the two stores' customer service . . . Harris Teeter's customer service desk is almost always staffed with managers. And managers that actually give a crap. Kroger's is always staffed by some Family Dollar reject with an attitude and no care for quick service. Plus they started selling lottery tickets (which Teeter does not). PLUS 90% of the time I shop at Kroger, something rings up incorrectly. And I am a cheapskate, no I am THRIFTY, so I always get my money back. I just shop less and less at Kroger.

I shop at Publix when I am in Florida. Lots of nice old people working during their retirement. Whether its due to boredom or necessity, I don't know, but they're usually very nice. And Publix's bakery rocks! "

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I hate Kroger. The ones here in Durham seem to only be able to hire the rudest, laziest, most ignorant people on earth to staff their stores. Plus the store are dirty and the produce section makes no sense to me. They spray down vegetables every few minutes, ones that should be kept dry - potatoes! Then wonder why they're rotting in the bins. Their dairy products are dated less than a week from purchase. Their carts are in crappy shape ALWAYS, and that's only when you can find one.

HT is clean, the customer service desk is only staffed with managers that are almost always very friendly. And if you have to go to customer service, you don't have to wait in a long line of folks waiting to buy lottery tickets! Their evic specials are great, love the coupon deals. Love the evic coupon deals that you can access online. I can buy milk and eggs that aren't about to expire. Even the shopping carts are always reliable. Yes, some of their prices, especially produce, are higher, but I would rather spend a little more than deal with the crap that is Kroger. I have heard more negative responses about this than positive, so I hope Kroger folks are reading our fears.

Right now, in Asheville, they have a Greenlife (that was bought by Whole Foods) right next to a very new Trader Joe's that is right next to the Harris Teeter (bought by Kroger) that is being built. But, if you just go 4 minutes down the road a bit, you can always drop into the Fresh Market that is right across from the Ingles. Too bad about Harris Teeter, though. The rest are still very good.

ricks

I think people are worrying over nothing...it sounds to me like Harris Teeter is going to continue being Harris Teeter. They aren't going to convert them into Krogers.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    All Hail the world's greatest grocery store: WEGMANS!!!!! I wish I could live in the Wegs.
    I love visiting Wegmans when I'm in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Right now, in Asheville, they have a Greenlife (that was bought by Whole Foods) right next to a very new Trader Joe's that is right next to the Harris Teeter (bought by Kroger) that is being built. But, if you just go 4 minutes down the road a bit, you can always drop into the Fresh Market that is right across from the Ingles. Too bad about Harris Teeter, though. The rest are still very good.

ricks
    They also apparently announced a Publix in Asheville today too.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    They also apparently announced a Publix in Asheville today too.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    After reading all the comments, it sounds like we need one in north Raleigh, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    There's even one in Winston-Salem, which is basically a big small town.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    But two of those cities are not actually part of North Carolina (Cary and Chapel Hill), and only parts of Raleigh are.

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy...

i'm not sure i get your meaning...here in cary....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy...

i'm not sure i get your meaning...here in cary....
    He probably means this:

Confinement
    Area (for)
    Retired
    Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    He probably means this:

Confinement
    Area (for)
    Retired Relocated
    Yankees

Fixed it for you. With a median age of around 36, most of the residents around here haven't retired yet...

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Fixed it for you. With a median age of around 36, most of the residents around here haven't retired yet...
    I knew there was another "translation/interpretation" but just couldn't think of it. Most of the folks I see are 65+.

How about this for Clayton, a neighboring community:

Cary
    Area
    Yankees
    Trying
    Out
    Now