Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,301 to 1,313 of 1313
    Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Hahahaha. Take an 8 seed, get rid of one of their best players, and you have a near lock for a 1 seed. Makes perfect sense.
    My thoughts exactly; although weren't we all thinking that the 8-seed was a gift, since unc hadn't beaten but one NCAA tournament team (Texas, I think?).
    Maybe this is why Tudor isn't writing for the N&O any longer, but fits in perfectly with WRAL.
    "Lock for a #1 Seed" Almost the most ridiculous statement about unc since they self-investigated and declared things to be merely an academic scandal.
    JStuart

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    My thoughts exactly; although weren't we all thinking that the 8-seed was a gift, since unc hadn't beaten but one NCAA tournament team (Texas, I think?).
    Maybe this is why Tudor isn't writing for the N&O any longer, but fits in perfectly with WRAL.
    "Lock for a #1 Seed" Almost the most ridiculous statement about unc since they self-investigated and declared things to be merely an academic scandal.
    JStuart
    Well, it's a Helms Seed.

You guys are getting it all wrong. Tudor has switched from being a sports writer to being a comedy writer. This particular effort at comedy writing should be praised for the comedic masterpiece that it (apparently*) is.

Maybe he should start writing for the Hitler Meltdown videos.

*Disclaimer: I didn't actually read his article, nor do I intend to. Do not want to give it any "hits".

Back on topic -- Hairston's speeding and reckless driving (93 MPH) case was continued this morning until Sep 13. He did not show up, but his lawyer did. He is hoping it will go away, perhaps. Pack Pride will certainly not let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Hahahaha. Take an 8 seed, get rid of one of their best players, and you have a near lock for a 1 seed. Makes perfect sense.
    Without Hairston they're losing their TWO best players, as Bullock is gone to the NBA. And they also lost their best perimeter defender in Strickland, on a team that was poor defensively overall.

I mean it's one thing when delusional UNC fans say things like we're going to contend for a title with Hairston. But when actual professional writers say it, it makes me wonder whether hallucinogenic drugs actually have been legalized and I just missed the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Back on topic -- Hairston's speeding and reckless driving (93 MPH) case was continued this morning until Sep 13. He did not show up, but his lawyer did. He is hoping it will go away, perhaps. Pack Pride will certainly not let that happen.
    Actually, it looks like this was for the May ticket, not the most recent one.

He was due in traffic court today for a speeding ticket he received back in May – 54 mph in a 45 zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    A continuance is not unusual in a case like this.

It does, however, push resolution closer to the start of the season. And allow for another slip-up in the interim. . . .

Another weekend is here, Roy's stomach must be turning.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Well, it's a Helms Seed.
    Well played, sir. I should have realized that, plus, it was written with the assistance of a 'tudor'.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    To actually get this thread back on topic, Caulton Tudor gives three scenarios for PJ's season.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hairsto...eels/12732507/
    "if the Heels could have Hairston for the entire run, they would be my preseason league favorite over Duke, Syracuse and Notre Dame and a near lock for a No. 1 NCAA regional seed."

I'm glad they're not running low on "delusional" over there...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Actually, it looks like this was for the May ticket, not the most recent one.
    Speaks volumes that there are enough PJ cases pending in court to cause confusion ...

"I'm sorry your honor, are we talking about the one where he was doing 93 mph? I don't think that one's on the docket until next month"

"The one with the marijuana and the gun? That one was dismissed last time."

"This one's just the speeding ticket."

"I'd like to start my argument by pointing out that PJ's a good kid, and not the sort to do stupid things"

"I'd like to but I can't"

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Well played, sir. I should have realized that, plus, it was written with the assistance of a 'tudor'.
    And, just remember the first three letters of assistance when you are posting about Tudor...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Hopefully not this:

Or this:

"ACC's best"? "Near lock" for a #1 seed? Hairston or no Hairston, what is this guy smoking?
    You read my mind and beat me too it. My first thought after clicking the link (thanks CB&B) and reading the article? "Tudor is smokin crack". He is out of his mind. Don't get me wrong, with PJ all season UNC will be a good team, challenging for 3rd-5th place in the "New ACC" and likely Top 25. Top 10 and No 1 Seed? Andrew Wiggins ain't walking thru that door. PJ Hairston may or may not be. Tudor is on serious drugs. My advice to him: Seek Help.

Greg Barnes, UNC Homer of IC Land, is maintaining PJ gets 5 to 8 game suspension, likely the lower number. Don't know that I buy that either, but UNC has no history of severe punishment, though somewhere Will Graves is screaming "why didn't I get this same treatment??"

I am thinking we should start a pool or poll or something. "How many games will PJ get?"

He misses all games before Jan. 1.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide