Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

PJ Hairston Suspended Indefinitely

Report: North Carolina's P.J. Hairston arrested on drug charges
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...n-drug-charges

I don't see any mention of what kind of drugs they were.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 07-28-2013 at 11:05 PM.

i just saw on wral it was a small amount of pot.
    Last edited by plimnko; 06-06-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

Reefer.

Arrested by the Durham police. Was also driving without a license.

Please rename the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

For the sake of our collective health, any chance to rename this "P.J. Hairston Busted", just so there's no confusion w/Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    For the sake of our collective health, any chance to rename this "P.J. Hairston Busted", just so there's no confusion w/Josh.
    Good call, my bad! If he got caught with a little herb, I see this much ado about nothing but that will be for the law and Huck Hound to decide, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Or maybe "TJ Harrellson Busted"?

Bring back Crime Beat!!
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

I understand, and can't really disagree with, the point made on the front page about pot. Smoking weed occasionally seems to be a pretty typical part of the college experience these days. Athletes are often held to a higher standard than other students on matters like that, and it's debatable whether that is always fair.

On the other hand, you just can't be driving without a license.

Curious whether P.J. will lose his invitation to the World University Games tryouts over this incident.

Yawn. This DOES mean, however, that I get to break the news to his cousin here in Greensboro, who works with me. Perhaps we can call him THC Hairston from now on?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Yawn. This DOES mean, however, that I get to break the news to his cousin here in Greensboro, who works with me. Perhaps we can call him THC Hairston from now on?
    PJ can really light it up out there...

Wait, pot's illegal where you people live?

The incident does raise some interesting questions. Who were the other guys (two according to one story)? Whose car? Why in that neighborhood? I know that part of Durham from my work in the schools. Easy purchases if you know who/where to ask.

I don't rejoice over this mishap. Such an incident is sad, discouraging and disappointing.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I hate when the media makes a deal out of any athlete being busted for pot. Don't Smoke Dope, Kids, You'll Wind Up Like This Guy!!!! (An elite athlete and soon to be millionaire).
    However, they do need to dig in and find where the weed came from...if that herb was a gift from a booster, he's done for!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

In related news, unc alum George Karl got smoked by the Nuggets - pot is legal in Denver isn't it?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In related news, unc alum George Karl got smoked by the Nuggets - pot is legal in Denver isn't it?
    Chill dude, the Nugs are gonna be fine.......

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I hate when the media makes a deal out of any athlete being busted for pot. Don't Smoke Dope, Kids, You'll Wind Up Like This Guy!!!! (An elite athlete and soon to be millionaire).
    I think you should finish the story line...

An elite athlete and soon to be millionaire. And then will retire, become broke within 5 years because he spent all his money on drugs and becomes a bum.

There are only a few stars the make something of their life after sports and I don't put PJ in that group. Now had he gone to Duke and learned something, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    The incident does raise some interesting questions. Who were the other guys (two according to one story)? Whose car? Why in that neighborhood? I know that part of Durham from my work in the schools. Easy purchases if you know who/where to ask.

I don't rejoice over this mishap. Such an incident is sad, discouraging and disappointing.
    Yeah, the details are a little hazy...

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    However, they do need to dig in and find where the weed came from...if that herb was a gift from a booster, he's done for!!
    I can forgive the weed. I cant forgive him for being an idiot that got caught. He deserves the heat for that.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/...e-crosses-over

Looks like the page has turned...

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I understand, and can't really disagree with, the point made on the front page about pot. Smoking weed occasionally seems to be a pretty typical part of the college experience these days. Athletes are often held to a higher standard than other students on matters like that, and it's debatable whether that is always fair.

On the other hand, you just can't be driving without a license.

Curious whether P.J. will lose his invitation to the World University Games tryouts over this incident.
    The bold part is how I feel - also you shouldnt' be smoking weed and driving if that's what he was doing. College kids are still kids, and weed on its own hurts no one but the user. But Licenses and not being under any influence - even the lesser influence of marijuana - are important things.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est