Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap;654572[B
    [/B]1. No one knows how Dawkins will be. I love Sheed, but it is possible that senior Dawkins comes in with a sick focus. If there is a tie between the two, I think K gives Dawkins the nod. And again, I think that Sheed is a potential lottery pick when he goes, this is not a slight to him. It's big props to what Dre may be able to do.
    Didn't Scheyer go from freshman-starter to sophomore 6th man? If so... we know how that turned out Maybe the same path for Rasheed...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Didn't Scheyer go from freshman-starter to sophomore 6th man? If so... we know how that turned out Maybe the same path for Rasheed...
    I just don't see if with Rasheed. He is our best defensive player who hit the freshman wall last season. With maturity, a year of development, added strength, and better ball control, I think Rasheed will both our highest scoring player and best defensive player.

And I don't mean any disrespect to Dawkins. He'll be our best 3pt shooter, bar none (unless Matt Jones has something to say about that). But I really like the idea of Dawkins as instant offense off the bench. Furthermore, while Dawkins has had a year to work on his skills, I'm not sure that he has the defensive ability that Rasheed has. And we know Coach K's love in insane, tough defense.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Alex Murphy statue going up in Deetroit

Singler must be pissed an Alex Murphy statue appeared in Detroit before his. I mean, same number, same height, same position...Singler got shafted!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'll clarify: both Murphy and Plumlee have redshirted. They have also both played for one season. That leaves them with just 3 years to play 3 more seasons. If they decide to transfer, that eats up one of those years (meaning they'd only get to play 2 more seasons).

As such, it makes transferring an absolute last-resort situation. They REALLY have to think that they'd be better off somewhere else if they want to transfer.

Also, note that neither transferred this offseason. If they were to transfer next offseason, they'd lose a year of participation and have only 1 year remaining. So their decision next summer would be:
    1. do I transfer and lose a year of eligibility in hopes that wherever I go I can get one good year in? or
    2. do I stay and play my redshirt junior year at Duke, graduate, and then decide what I want to do for my last year of eligibility.

Given that they've already redshirted, it seems HIGHLY unlikely that they'd decide to transfer and give away that year of eligibility. And since they stuck around for this coming year, I doesn't really make sense to transfer, because the lost year of eligibility leaves them with the same number of seasons of play at the subsequent school as if they'd just done a grad year elsewhere.

I'd be absolutely shocked if either of those two guys transferred over the next couple of years.
    Crazy right?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Crazy right?
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy. However, it's slightly more understandable now, given that he has been beaten out by at least Jefferson, Sulaimon, and Jones, and perhaps Ojeleye as well, and we've already added at least one top-10 recruit at his position for next year.

That being said, it sure does say a lot that he was willing to likely give up a year of eligibility in order to get more playing time. He must REALLY feel like he has no shot at PT over the next couple of years to make that decision and leave himself with likely 1.5 years of eligibility.