Thread: 3/7 Lost

3/7 Lost

Well, I guess that explains Kate's horse.

Seriously, what was up with Locke and his bonehead moves?

And who speaks Russian and can tell us what the Others were shouting about?

I don't speak Russian, but I inferred that Ms. Clue was telling him that they have to pull a murder suicide so that they wouldn't be captured. Maybe went something like this.

"You're going to have to kill me, Eyepatch Guy."

"I can't do that Mrs. Clue. There has to be another way out."

"There is no other way. Do it, and then kill yourself. They can't know what we know. Everything will be ruined."

"I won't do it. Think of something else."

"Dammit, Eyepatch Guy! Shoot me and then shoot yourself if you know what's good for you or so help me..."

"Okay, okay. Quit nagging me."

BANG

Good episode. They actually progressed!

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblueyes View Post
    Well, I guess that explains Kate's horse.

Seriously, what was up with Locke and his bonehead moves?
    Did I miss something? How does seeing the horse explain Kate's horse? She has a horse? You mean when she was younger?

How did that cat get on the island? Was the Russian the Iraqi guy?

You do have to wonder why Locke pushed 7-7. He had to know it wouldn't be good. And couldn't Sayid have fixed the satellite transmitter? He did pretty well with the early radio equipment they found!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Maybe went something like this.
    "You're going to have to kill me, Eyepatch Guy."
    "I can't do that Mrs. Clue. There has to be another way out."
    "There is no other way. Do it, and then kill yourself. They can't know what we know. Everything will be ruined."
    "I won't do it. Think of something else."
    "Dammit, Eyepatch Guy! Shoot me and then shoot yourself if you know what's good for you or so help me..."
    "Okay, okay. Quit nagging me."
    BANG
    Awfully close:
    Klugh: Mikhail. Mikhail! You know what to do.
    Mikhail: We still have another way [out].
    Klugh: We cannot risk. You know the conditions.
    Mikhail: There is another way.
    Klugh: They captured us. We will not give (or let, or betray) [unintelligible].
    Klugh: You know what to do. It is an order.
    Mikhail: We still have another way!
    Klugh (in English): Just do it, Mikhail.
    Mikhail: Forgive me. (shoots)

The black horse Kate saw (and then touched) from either way earlier this season or last season... I can't keep them straight anymore due to the long break. We now know there are domesticated animals (cow, the painted horse, etc.) on the island. The cow was loose, maybe the black horse got loose.

I think the cat is just the same color... the one in Paris was HUGE!

Locke pushing 77 didn't bother me as much as ditching his guard duties to go play a little computer chess. He put them at a disadvantage and gave the Russian the opportunity and the gun to shoot the Other lady. What a waste of C4, too (anyone else remember the Gilligan's Island where they find plastic explosives and don't realize what it is, and then proceed to make plates out of it? We could have had another classic Hurley line "Dude, you've got some Arntz on you.").

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    How did that cat get on the island? Was the Russian the Iraqi guy
    Uh, Oz? Not the same cat.

I think the cat was the metaphor on why not to kill Mikael. Overall I liked the episode but thought Locke was so stupid pushing the 77. It would have been one thing if only Sayid saw the C4, but they all saw it so you had to figure the place had some type of self destruct when it asked that question.

Did Locke see the C4

Wasn't he playing chess while Sayid and Kate discovered it in the basement? Either way, I understand his need to press the button. He is guided by his fate/faith/destiny belief which is why he argued with Jack for pressing the execute button in the hatch - and his wavering from his belief/faith is what caused the destruction of the hatch. I think maybe in his mind he didn't want to make that mistake again.

What was extremely stupid (as noted above) was the chess playing. That gave me a B-movie or Three's Company type cringing feeling - like how can you be so stupid as to take your attention away from your hostile prisoner?

Overall I really liked this episode. I seem to always like the ones that involve Sayid prominently. I get the sense that things are going to pick up now and we're going to have a great run until the end of the season. There is still hope for Lost.

9. I think it was the same cat. I also think it was the Monster. It's more than a little coincidental that the cat was named "Nadia," don't you think.

Why Locke Entered 77

Maybe this is too obvious to everyone to point out, but it has been missed in the discussion above.

Locke pushed the buttons because hostiles (the Others) had taken over. Simple. He's been following the island's/Dharma's instructions for a while, and paid the price the one time he didn't (hatch exploding). Dr. Candle told him to enter a number if X was true. X was true, so Locke did it.

Thought it was a pretty good episode for plot, humor and answering questions.

It's beginning to seem more and more like a small group has been on that island a looooooooooooooooong time (Ben, Sheriff, Tom, etc.) and that they recruit (or capture and brainwash) people that meet their needs so that they can continue as a civilization. That ties into the 4 toed statue, etc.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GDT View Post
    Awfully close:
    Klugh: Mikhail. Mikhail! You know what to do.
    Mikhail: We still have another way [out].
    Klugh: We cannot risk. You know the conditions.
    Mikhail: There is another way.
    Klugh: They captured us. We will not give (or let, or betray) [unintelligible].
    Klugh: You know what to do. It is an order.
    Mikhail: We still have another way!
    Klugh (in English): Just do it, Mikhail.
    Mikhail: Forgive me. (shoots)
    I think it was pretty obvious from the previews of next week that Patchy-guy is gonna get away from Locke, again, and run into the security system/fence-thingy and probably fry himself. Whatever it does to him, I am betting he is toast. Pity, I kinda like the character.

All in all, I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season. We got some answers and are at least moving along a path to getting more. We know that the Others and Dharma are certainly not one and the same. I hope there are some/one Dharma person still around somewhere. Are there any more stations/hatches left to find? If Dharma is dead, why are there still shipments being dropped by air? Will the shipments still come after the electomagnetic hatch has imploded?

-Jason "glad Lost is not doing a 6 week break like Heroes!! " Evans

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    I think it was the same cat. I also think it was the Monster. It's more than a little coincidental that the cat was named "Nadia," don't you think.
    Thanks for the link. It gives quite a bit of detail, plus English translations for both the conversation and Russian note.

And I do think it was the same cat. The face and markings were very unusual and identical, at least to my eye and instant replay.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com