Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girliest/Guyest thing you do?

Heard this on the radio this morning, thought it was a hoot. So here I present to you, ladies and gents, the question of the day:

(Guys) What is the girliest thing or habit you have/do?
    (Gals) What is the guyest thing or habit you have/do?

I love pedicures.

But I do retain my guy card each time by asking how much for a happy ending.

Girlie stuff mostly resolves around my 5 year old, very girlie daughter. I have to dress her, do her hair, and play with her stuffed animals. Thank God she isn't big into dolls.

Mine is that I have started carrying around my wallet, cell phone, etc in a fanny pack or something a tad bigger than that.
    Hey, if Hulk Hogan and Gene Simmons can do it....

Sometimes I will put on heels, fishnet hose, earrings and a dress and break out the guitar in my living room, pretenting to be one of the Bangles while playing a few of there songs.

The neighbors usually put an end to this pretty quickly though.

-Earljam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Sometimes I will put on heels, fishnet hose, earrings and a dress and break out the guitar in my living room, pretenting to be one of the Bangles while playing a few of there songs.

The neighbors usually put an end to this pretty quickly though.

-Earljam
    A serious answer: Go to the spa for a massage. I didn't go to a spa (not the trashy spas) until my back went out on me a couple of years ago. My doctor recommended I give it a try. I was a bit nervous but ended up loving it. I'll still go occasionally. It's a good experience.

Also, though I don't do it, I'd like to try painting as a creative outlet. I told a male friend this once and he called me a very bad name.

-EarlJam

I'd like to try painting as a creative outlet. -EarlJam
    Would that be painting your toes to show off in those heels?

(not the trashy spas)
    -EarlJam
    A "trashy spa" shall henceforth be known on these boards as a Rub 'n Tug.

As for me, the girliest thing I do on a regular basis is sing along in full falsetto (and not a bad one, I might add) to songs like "Respect" and "I Will Survive."

Like Shammrog, my girlie stuff revolves around my three girls. They love me to play Barbies with them and I am pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I draw the line at playing with all the naked barbies in the bathtub though.
    Thank god my son asks me to play Madden on the PS2 with him.

Such as...?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Girlie stuff mostly resolves around my 5 year old, very girlie daughter. I have to dress her, do her hair, and play with her stuffed animals. Thank God she isn't big into dolls.
    Your large inflatable "friend"? Hopefully, she hasn't "met" her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Would that be painting your toes to show off in those heels?
    Don't be silly Tilly! I don't paint my toenails anymore.

-EarlJam

Lately, I've thought about proposing to Mark Texieria... other than that, my girliest trait is definetely my excessive accesorization. Hats, belts, watches, bracelets, gotta have them.

Warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Shammrog,
    Please note that Evil has moved into Atlanta:
    http://www.americangirl.com/stores/location_atl.php

DON'T GO THERE!!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I watch Love Actually about three times a year.

It's not really just a "Guy" Thing

Well, I'm the sports fanatic in my household -- doesn't matter which sport, I *will* watch the playoffs & championship. I avidly follow Duke, Nebraska, and now UW college sports, plus their major rivals. My hubby, on the other hand, refers to a run in baseball as a "point."

I can also change a tire, my oil & filters, use power tools, figure out complex remote controls, and explain the concept of a locking differential.

But I do love my pedicure -- about the only "girly" thing I do regularly.

I always practice "catch and release" fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I watch Love Actually about three times a year.
    Great movie - I'd also recommend About a Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I can also change a tire, my oil & filters, use power tools, figure out complex remote controls, and explain the concept of a locking differential.
    Will you marry me? Don't tell my wife

I echo DevilAlumna

Sports, sports, sports. My day in 'heaven' would consist of a Duke NCAA BB game, Olympics (summer or winter), NFL football, MLB baseball, World Cup soccer, PGA Golf (with Tiger, of course), etc. (And a great book to read).

Then again, I might be busy putting a new roof on the house, or refinishing the hardwood floors, painting the bedrooms, planting new flowers, building a new brick wall, fixing the plumbing or sprinkler system, or fishing for trout.

(Are these mostly guy things??) I spent LOTS of time teaching my late husband about the rules of MLB & the NFL (and telling him that what I wanted for birthday/Christmas presents were tickets to the Mets/Giants) -- and I also showed him the difference between a crescent wrench & a plumber's wrench, a phillips head & a flat head, ...what an allen wrench was for, and the difference between most hammers).

Does this qualify?

Interesting how...

...the guys are kind of made fun of for doing girlie things, but the gals are praised for doing guy things.

The most admirable guy thing I do is follow sports (Duke bball being at the absolute top of the list). The least admirable guy thing I do is probably drinking directly out of the milk bottle. Yes - I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    The least admirable guy thing I do is probably drinking directly out of the milk bottle. Yes - I admit it.
    Who doesn't sneak a drink from the carton? Milk, water bottles, juice, box-o'-wine -- it's all fair game in our household. (j/k on that last one, not allowed in the door.)

I sense a poll... but will refrain.