Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Flowers

Pretty Flowers

Aren't flowers just beautiful? I am always amazed at how nature never runs out of creative ways to demonstrate its limitless beauty.

I was meditating on the goodness of life this morning and on the limitless capacity for love and power in the human spirit, when I came across this remarkable image of Peonies. So pretty. So crisp. So light and magnificent.

Attachment 85

I pose this question to my fellow DBR friends: What types of flowers do you love the most? What types of flowers do you find to be the prettiest?

Have a most splendid day!

-EarlJam

Biscuit flour is the prettiest when it is properly mixed with buttermilk and shortening, then baked. But Stargazer Lilies run a close second. The are really pretty, last a long time, and have a magnificent scent that permeates through the whole house.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Aren't flowers just beautiful? I am always amazed at how nature never runs out of creative ways to demonstrate its limitless beauty.

I was meditating on the goodness of life this morning and on the limitless capacity for love and power in the human spirit, when I came across this remarkable image of Peonies. So pretty. So crisp. So light and magnificent.

Attachment 85

I pose this question to my fellow DBR friends: What types of flowers do you love the most? What types of flowers do you find to be the prettiest?

-EarlJam
    Personally, I like poppies. I use them to make heroin.

(Just kidding.)

We need a Lewis Grizzard moment of reflection...

There... I feel better.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Personally, I like poppies. I use them to make heroin.

(Just kidding.)
    SHAMMROG!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    We need a Lewis Grizzard moment of reflection...

There... I feel better.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Honk if you've been married to Louis.

-EarlJam
    I love pink carnations and baby's breath.

Though like allenmurray I too enjoy the scent stargazer lilies give off. Nothing like walking into a room filled with the fragrance of a stargazer lily.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

Though like allenmurray I too enjoy the scent stargazer lilies give off. Nothing like walking into a room filled with the fragrance of a stargazer lily.

I like baby's breath, too - except when they've been smoking!

LillyGalore??

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I've always liked pansies - and they're so hardy!

JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I've always liked pansies - and they're so hardy!

I love pansies. One of my favorite paintings, titled "Velvet Faces" is by Lexington, NC's Bob Timberlake.

http://www.bobtimberlake.com/art_gal...topcatcode=111

Am I the only person who doesn't care for flowers? Plus, I hate butterflies, and flowers tend to attract butterflies.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't care for flowers? Plus, I hate butterflies, and flowers tend to attract butterflies.
    You hate flowers too? Along with music? I'll bet you REALLY hate songs about flowers!

Whoaaaaa my buttercup!
    Ohhhhh swwwweeet buttercup!

-EarlJam

You hate flowers too? Along with music? I'll bet you REALLY hate songs about flowers!

Whoaaaaa my buttercup!
    Ohhhhh swwwweeet buttercup!

-EarlJam
    No no, I don't hate music. Hell, I was in marching band in high school and colle... oh wait, now that I think about it, you're right, I do hate music.

You gotta like this flower:

It is the largest flower in the world, smells like dead rotting decaying flesh and attracts flies - not butterflys.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    You gotta like this flower:

It is the largest flower in the world, smells like dead rotting decaying flesh and attracts flies - not butterflys.
    I've heard about this flower. Have you ever smelled it? I haven't, nor do I want to.

I've heard about this flower. Have you ever smelled it? I haven't, nor do I want to.
    yea, I smelled one once. And then I made the wrong comment. I told my wife, hey, that reminds me of your perfume. The last time I saw her.

No no, I don't hate music. Hell, I was in marching band in high school and colle... oh wait, now that I think about it, you're right, I do hate music.
    Were you not the one that started the "I hate music" thread a few days ago? Oh, or was that Indoor66? Apologies if I'm mistaken. I've been working on an by-lined article espousing the many benefits of multiple safety procedures in food processing (namely corn dogs) facility construction/renovation and well, let's just say writing about corn dog safety takes a lot of concentration.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    yea, I smelled one once. And then I made the wrong comment. I told my wife, hey, that reminds me of your perfume. The last time I saw her.
    Ouch!

The flower sort of looks like a French ostrich jumped out of a balloon from 140,000 feet and went head first into the ground.

EarlJam's a starter

OMG, EarlJam you're a starter. Congrats!!!!