Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Sweet 16 South Region: Kansas/Michigan, Florida/Florida Gulf Coast

Use this thread to discuss tonights games and the region in general. I will close the other South Region thread.

Anybody watching this? Elijah Johnson just pulled a Chris Paul on McGary on a dead ball. Drilled in no-no land while trotting by. Officials reviewing. That has to be Excessive Contact Flagrant ...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Anybody watching this? Elijah Johnson just pulled a Chris Paul on McGary on a dead ball. Drilled in no-no land while trotting by. Officials reviewing. That has to be Excessive Contact Flagrant ...
    Indeed. Just a really strange thing to do, especially so early in the game (i.e., not enough time for any real animosity to occur). Just odd.

Agreed, but

Did it seem to you like McGary overreacted (flopped)? I don't think he got hit very hard. Plus he had a miraculous recovery in time to shoot and miss the free throws.

And then he went flying backwards on light contact from Withey.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Did it seem to you like McGary overreacted (flopped)? I don't think he got hit very hard. Plus he had a miraculous recovery in time to shoot and miss the free throws.
    I mean, have you ever been hit in the business? It doesn't feel very good for a bit. But it's not like he had to immediately go to the free throw line. The officials stopped play and took time to go to the monitor. So he had plenty of time to recover.

I doesn't take much of a hit in that area for it to hurt. The hurt also doesn't last that long.

Yes, on that play he was flopping trying to draw a foul in a matchup in which he was overmatched. I'm not sure how that is necessarily related to the fist to the "midsection" play.

I actually think Johnson inflicted pain there. (And I am not a Michigan or Mcgary fan at all). Agree he flopped later... Just a stupid thing to do by Johnson..

Kansas' Elijah Johnson does a Chris Paul

Ouch!

At least it was called a flagrant 1...

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Charles Barkley's comment:
    In the NBA, they'd have called a loose ball foul.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I mean, have you ever been hit in the business? It doesn't feel very good for a bit. But it's not like he had to immediately go to the free throw line. The officials stopped play and took time to go to the monitor. So he had plenty of time to recover.

I doesn't take much of a hit in that area for it to hurt. The hurt also doesn't last that long.

Yes, on that play he was flopping trying to draw a foul in a matchup in which he was overmatched. I'm not sure how that is necessarily related to the fist to the "midsection" play.
    Yes, I played lots of sports and have been hit there. Was your question sarcasm? I've not recovered as quickly as McGary and you.

Not to mention Charles Barkley saying no way should the guy be tossed. I would rather see refs doing the analysis than former players.

I have no "dog in this hunt" in the Kansas/Michigan game, but I swear the refs are calling everything Kansas' way. My imagination?

Yes, I played lots of sports and have been hit there. Was your question sarcasm? I've not recovered as quickly as McGary and you.
    Yes, my question was sarcasm. I assume every adult male has been hit there at some point in their lives (regardless of whether or not they played sports). And I think you're underestimating how much time there was for McGary to recover (at least to recover enough to take free throws). It was quite a while between the foul and the free throws.

Trey Burke from the Redicksphere. Wow!

Holy s%$t! That was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I assume every adult male has been hit there at some point in their lives (regardless of whether or not they played sports).
    I claim a causal relationship exists between when in life one was hit there and how much into sports one became.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Trey Burke from the Redicksphere. Wow!
    Dumb shot selection but what the heck, it went in. Johnson knocked down McGary again on the screen.

Also, how crazy would it have been if the refs had called Elijah Johnson for running through the McGary screen (negating Burke's 3)?

Tim Hardaway's kid AND Big Dog's kid. I have so gotten old.

It looks like the entire stadium is being used for seating, as opposed to half the stadium in Indy. Those upper deck seats look like they're somewhere in Coppell. Maybe Flower Mound.

Those buffalo wild wing commercials were more epic than that shot