Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeofcalabash View Post
    Very few players can win a game single handedly. It takes teamwork for at least a major portion of the game. I believe that the team over at Tractor University has some athletic young men on the team, but they are lacking in the teamwork area. Another way of saying it's all in the mental area or lack thereof.
    Generally agree with your assessment of why State didn't live up to expectations this year, but I loathe the Tractor University shot. It's inaccurate, and it sounds like the kind of elitist crap people who hate Duke believe we think. I hear the Moo U stuff from the Tarheel fans all the time, and I'd rather leave it with them, because they really are the elitist snobs of the Triangle.

IMO

I thought stayed played really well with Lewis and Brown in at the same time. Those two and Purvis are the only ones who could handle the ball well enough to do something with it. I think Gott should have paired Lewis with Brown more, brought Wood off the bench as a 6th man to give the opposing defense time to wear down a bit and allow Wood to cover a more tired player (His D is atrocious!), started Warren more often at the SF slot with Leslie and Howell in the post. Purvis could be the 7th man and not feel as pressured to do so much.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

If Gottfried is hired away from State by UCLA, Yow should send a couple of semi-trucks of BBQ sandwiches to UCLA as a thank you!

That would be be deserving of a big Thank you! If Gotts teams implode when they HAVE talent... imagine what will happen in a down year?

Best thing that can happen is for Gott to walk away and give Yow a free pass at a re-do to hire a new HC and get a guy to rebuild the program from scratch.