Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hold on a minute

You mean they keep playing the tournament after Duke is eliminated!!!!!!

Now I understand why no one wanted to play golf with me in late March in every year but 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2010 (did I miss a year). (By the way my golf game was really good between 2005 and 2009.)

I am not sure which team I would choose, I can tell you who I would pick NOT to win it...

ANY Big Ten team (tired of hearing how great they are as a conference, remember they went 6-6 against the ACC in the challenge)
    ANY Big East team (don't want to see the winning team of the tourney scoring 50 ppg, yes I exaggerated)
    ANY SEC team (meaning Florida, not too worried about the rest of those teams)
    ANY team wearing light blue (obvious reasons, that color makes me sick)
    Kansas (sick of them bragging about winning all their conference titles, against weaker competition year in year out)

So, there you have it, outside of that I can live with just about anyone else. Should be fun...

The U!!!!!!!

Then maybe nc st.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Of course all of us are cheering Duke on in hopes they will win the national championship. But if you took Duke out of the tournament, before any games are played, what one team would you want to win the national championship?
    I've tried. I just can't do it with any enthusiasm.

I'd have to say Colorado as unlikely as it is. Colorado State a close second.

ABC...

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    ABC...
    Especially true this year with UK and UCon(n) out of the running.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I would go
    NC State
    Miami
    Butler

We also have the new ACC teams that will join the family soon in Pitt, ND (Brey), Syracuse, Louisville...,

Who they are playing will factor in as well. I could be pulling against a team moreso than pulling for their opponent.

Pulling against
    UNC
    Kansas (anything that makes Ol Roy happy makes me sad. Sticker gate and all)
    Big 10 (outside of OSU. I could live with them winning it)

I would go Faber College.
    No other school appeals to me.

ABC always.

Also, out of all the realistic title contenders: Wouldn't mind if New Mexico or Saint Louis won it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Of course all of us are cheering Duke on in hopes they will win the national championship. But if you took Duke out of the tournament, before any games are played, what one team would you want to win the national championship?
    But we ARE in it, and we WILL WIN IT. We don't need to speculate or hypothesise any farther than that!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Any ACC Team (or future ACC team) not named UNC
    Any Philly Team
    Any MWC Team
    Any A-10 Team
    Any team we beat (except UNC)
    Colorado
    Iowa St.
    Oklahoma
    Mizzou
    Georgetown
    Bucknell
    Illinois
    Any team seeded 12 or lower

Some teams obviously qualify under several criteria.

Of the teams that have the best chance I wouldn't mind seeing Louisville (if they beat us), Gonzaga, Indiana, Miami, or Georgetown win it all. Those teams haven't won titles in a long, long time and a couple of them won't be in a position to win another one for a long, long time.

Do not want to see Kansas, Florida, or Michigan State anywhere near the title game (same goes for UNC of course but the chances of them getting there are slim). The earlier those 3 teams lose the better IMO. Don't want to hear all the slobbering over Self winning 2 in however many years (and here in KC it would be even more annoying) or Donovan winning 3 in however many years or all of Izzo's Final Fours.

I'd sooner root for Carolina than Miami.

Go Wolfpack.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I like State but imagine how annoying their fans would be...

In this order:

Liberty
    NC A&T
    Saint Louis U
    NC State Wolfpack
    Havard

But GoDuke!

I'd want every other team in the tournament to have played with ineligible players and so the title would come to us. (Don't think this would be the case, would it?? But one could hope...)

Am I allowed to answer "I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.?" If so, there is my answer.

If not, Harvard.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I would go Faber College.
    No other school appeals to me.
    I hear their starting center, Niedemeyer, plays dirty.

I am going to go with Iona because they are closest to where I live and I could drive to their quads and try and get them to burn benches. And when campus security spots a middle aged dude creepily trying to join the party and asks me to leave, I will question why I ever posted this note, but until then...

If we're trying to be more realistic, I'll go with the Cinderella St. Louis Billikins in memory of Fat Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I'd sooner root for Carolina than Miami.

Go Wolfpack.
    Nevada got in? I missed it.

On a non-related subject as for the selection committee, the answer was given to Flounder right after the group wrecked his brother's car.

Sorry for the digression but it was an unprinted thought of mine during the announcements, Sunday night.