Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Why does Duke have to be the ones that want to avoid teams? You don't think teams want to avoid playing Duke given their record when fully Death Star operational?
    Yep, but how about:

Sally Albright: Is he seeing anybody?
    Marie: He was seeing this anthropologist, but...
    Sally Albright: What's she look like?
    Marie: Thin. Pretty. Big tits. Your basic nightmare.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that the only thing duke has to fear is duke itself.
    This times a million! If we are mentally prepared (focused, together, intelligent, hungry) we will be just fine. Seems like that is a big 'IF' with some of our players

I've seen a few people say they'd like to see Kansas over other top seeds... I don't think so. They are a top 3 defensive team in the country, have a big guy who can stop Plumlee on his own and guards that can get in the lane. No bueno

I would honestly love to play Michigan. They're a watered down version of Carolina. I say that because McAdoo is much much better than any big Michigan have got and Hairston is a better player overall, IMO, than anyone they've got. Even Burke, who tends to get frustrated easily and force a lot of shots. Stauskas is a nothing player, Robinson can't shoot and Hardaway is a streaky shooter. Kelly is a match-up nightmare for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CR9 View Post
    I would honestly love to play Michigan. They're a watered down version of Carolina. I say that because McAdoo is much much better than any big Michigan have got and Hairston is a better player overall, IMO, than anyone they've got. Even Burke, who tends to get frustrated easily and force a lot of shots. Stauskas is a nothing player, Robinson can't shoot and Hardaway is a streaky shooter. Kelly is a match-up nightmare for them.
    Part of the reason why I wouldn't like a Michigan matchup is b/c McGary has really emerged for them recently. He's a better (more efficient) player than McAdoo.

Burke is one of the best players in the country and 10 times better than Paige.

Stauskas a nothing? Don't see that. Robinson can shoot well enough to sport a 127 ORating. And Hardaway, while streaky, is 6'6" and can get to the basket like his daddy. We have trouble with that.

I don't really see Michigan being worse than UNC at all. They can put the ball on the floor much better.

I've watched a lot of Michigan and comparing them to Carolina is an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Part of the reason why I wouldn't like a Michigan matchup is b/c McGary has really emerged for them recently. He's a better (more efficient) player than McAdoo.

Stauskas a nothing? Don't see that. Robinson can shoot well enough to sport a 127 ORating. And Hardaway, while streaky, is 6'6" and can get to the basket like his daddy. We have trouble with that.

I don't really see Michigan being worse than UNC at all. They can put the ball on the floor much better.
    I don't know about 'emerged' but McAdoo is a finesse athlete whereas McGary is a banger. I'd rather have McAdoo than McGary but horses for courses.

Burke is a fantastic player but nobody (at least I didn't) said otherwise. He's better than Paige, sure but that's probably the only area which they are superior to Carolina.

Stauskas is a nothing player. Living in B1G country I see a lot of Michigan and Stauskas is a stand-in-the-corner-and-wait kind of player which is a player that can easily be taken out of the game.

I don't know what an O rating is because using averages and numbers in an attempt to compare teams and players to me, is pointless. Robinson can drive the ball very well but unless he's wide, wide open he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a banjo.

Hardaway is another jump shooter. He may be capable of driving the ball but he sure doesn't realize that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I've watched a lot of Michigan and comparing them to Carolina is an insult.
    To which?

I remember in 2010, the consensus on these boards was the nightmare matchup for us was Baylor. Also, most posters commented that West Virginia was a team we wanted no part of.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I remember in 2010, the consensus on these boards was the nightmare matchup for us was Baylor. Also, most posters commented that West Virginia was a team we wanted no part of.

Just sayin'.
    Baylor was a match up nightmare. Duke just played a very good game and Dre hit 2 huge shots. But I think many would agree that UK was more of a bad match up than WVU was. But your point still stands, Duke can beat anyone and this year, they will more than likely have to face some very good teams along the way. We'll probably end up with Michigan, MSU or Florida as a #3 so I guess we can nitpick about who we match up better with but we'll have to beat a good team if they end up making the S16.

Just sayin'.
    I distinctly remember analysts talking up Baylor's athleticism giving Duke fits. I have to admit, the Baylor game was the one that had me most nervous but West Virginia was a game I wasn't really worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

I can't agree with your whole post. I think you overrate their role players a bit but all that really matters is Burke. Duke has shown no ability to stop penetration. March usually comes down to getting easy baskets and Burke is much much better than Paige. I think I'd much rather face MSU even with their big men potentially putting Duke in foul trouble b/c I'd much rather have a game come down to Appling than Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    We'll probably end up with Michigan, MSU or Florida as a #3 so I guess we can nitpick about who we match up better with but we'll have to beat a good team if they end up making the S16.
    Despite my previous post, Florida scares me a little. And Duke/Michigan would be a really tough game for both teams. Michigan State, I'm not as worried about, although obviously they could beat us depending on circumstances.

Despite my previous post, Florida scares me a little. And Duke/Michigan would be a really tough game for both teams. Michigan State, I'm not as worried about, although obviously they could beat us depending on circumstances.
    Well the problem is, whoever comes out of that game will more than likely have to face a 1 seed who had an easier game before that. But then again who knows. Florida is currently trailing and match up wise, I kind of like Duke against them. Mason is taller than Young and he usually doesn't have as much issues with smaller guys. Murphy is a worse Kelly. Wilbekin isn't a huge offensive threat so Curry can guard him. Game will come down to Sheed/TT shutting down Boynton and whoever can win the foul battle down low.

Don't want Ohio State, Wisconsin, VCU, or Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukie View Post
    I will be the first to say that because we lost to MD we get what get, however Kansas had some HORRIBLE losses this year. I'm not saying we should be a 1 seed but I am saying that Kansas shouldn't be.
    Of course the TCU loss was bad. But how is the loss to Baylor any worse than losing to UVA and Maryland (x2)? All three are likely not likely tournament teams. The other losses were to tournament teams: OSU, OU, and Michigan State (w/o a starter).

The last Lunardi bracket is my favorite...he has us as 2 with Kansas, and the 3 seed being Michigan State. I would take that (though he has Creighton as our 7 seed, which would be tough).

Of course he has Florida as a 2 seed....I don't see that happening. I would love to have them in our group as a 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    The last Lunardi bracket is my favorite...he has us as 2 with Kansas, and the 3 seed being Michigan State. I would take that (though he has Creighton as our 7 seed, which would be tough).

Of course he has Florida as a 2 seed....I don't see that happening. I would love to have them in our group as a 3 seed.
    you must be looking at an old bracket

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

he has florida as a 3

though i'm still unconvinced we won't get a 1 seed
    April 1

The only teams that I worry about are the teams that can bust out 80+ points in a blink of an eye. Teams that slug it out (most of the Big East and Big Ten) and score in the 50's and 60's don't worry me as much, I feel Duke can put 70 on the board on a bad night (see the MD game). Louisville is really the only team that scares me from either of those two conferences.

Lehigh

How about just letting us get past the first weekend. We have beaten Louisville, Ohio State, VCU, albeit early on and we have lost to Maryland twice, UVA, NCState and Miami.

We could lose to anyone and we could beat anyone

Kinda a silly question me thinks !!!