ACC to take over Big Monday?

Definitely not in favor of this if we keep the Sunday night games. Right now, there is only Thursday-Saturday turnarounds to worry about (limited Sunday games makes a Sunday-Tuesday turnaround rather rare. Now you add Saturday-Monday to the mix and I'd bet that two day turnarounds with travel become more common. Add in the even more unbalanced schedule and you can easily see how the regular season standings can turn into more of a crapshoot than they already are.

Money quote:

With a lineup like that, you can understand why [ESPN] is dumping the old Big East for the ACC for its Big Monday 7 PM programming slot. Big Monday today, Madison Square Garden tomorrow?
    This is a Dave Teel story; he quotes Swofford as saying that the ACC will have games six of seven days -- all but the sacrosanct "High School Friday."

I assume that this means teams will have one game on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and another on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. It will complicate scheduling to say the least, although we have people on this Board who could solve this problem in a trice.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Money quote:

This is a Dave Teel story; he quotes Swofford as saying that the ACC will have games six of seven days -- all but the sacrosanct "High School Friday."

I assume that this means teams will have one game on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and another on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. It will complicate scheduling to say the least, although we have people on this Board who could solve this problem in a trice.

sagegrouse
    I think we'll largely follow the same model as this season - each team has one weekday game and one weekend game during the conference season. It just means that teams that play the Monday game(s) won't play the Sunday game on the weekend before.

That's generally how the Big East scheduled this season, although they also threw in some Friday night games as weekend games.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I think of Friday as the NBA's night.

Just think: a thu, sat, mon sequence! With two away games!

I wish the ACC had rules against away games with just a day between. Two home games with a day between, (grudgingly) ok.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

I wish the ACC had rules against away games with just a day between. Two home games with a day between, (grudgingly) ok.
    The silver lining is it's a brand new excuse we can use.

Why not pair off teams and road trips the way the Pac 10 does? Actually works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    ON the good side, for an away monday game, you aren't travelling out to the site on a school-day...instead you're travelling on a sunday...in the end the effect might be negligible, but it seems at face value that there might be the chance of less missed class
    1200. DDMF.

It's really going to hurt women's hoops. Monday has been a big night for ACC women's basketball. Not sure what they do next.

Anything that assures the ADs another nice raise, I am all for!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I think of Friday as the NBA's night.
    I think of NBA nights as nights I'm not watching basketball on TV.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I think of NBA nights as nights I'm not watching basketball on TV.
    THIS
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa