Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    I came here to say this. Shane with the play of the game. Stripping Green on what would have been a layup to tie the game.
    I think they got the out of bounds call wrong, too. That was off Green. But Miami held serve and Battier had a fantastic play throwing the ball in off Pierce to seal the game...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think they got the out of bounds call wrong, too. That was off Green. But Miami held serve and Battier had a fantastic play throwing the ball in off Pierce to seal the game...
    Personally, I hate that they review those plays so closely. That play is never called off the offensive player even though it happens all the time where he touches it on the follow through. I understand in blatant situations or even close ones but they are essentially calling the game differently for the last 4 minutes or whatever. I remember watching a game where the ball clearly went off one team but they got the ball. Three minutes later, same thing happened in reverse but they reviewed it and so one team got the benefit of 2 calls when they only should have gotten one. /rant

An Battier with the super headsy play to end the game throwing it off Pierce's back to run the last second off the clock. Always want smart(Duke!) players on your team down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHLM'13 View Post
    An Battier with the super headsy play to end the game throwing it off Pierce's back to run the last second off the clock. Always want smart(Duke!) players on your team down the stretch.
    On facebook, I heard it was Paul's butt-tocks. But I ain't seen it.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Back not buttocks!

I really don't like the macho stuff after the dunk. I mean, if offensive players keep showing up defensive players who are trying to make a play on the ball, one of these guys is going to take exception and send the dunker flying... could be a dangerous situation.

Ok LeBron, you dunked the ball, good fella'... now run back down the court and act like you've done it before. No need for the aggressive stare down.

If you really want to play physical, man up and suit up and run a few over the middle patterns in the NFL... you're built for it. See how you like playing a game where the defense gets to unload on you..

Dear DBRers,

Please note that the posterizations of Brandon Knight and Jason Terry have been merged into one thread. Consider this thread a catch-all for NBA-related humiliation of the defender posts. At this time of year, the ratio of signal to noise on the board decreases significantly, so your faithful mods will be trying to consolidate threads that are related to make board reading easier for all.

Please use these threads when possible to post thoughts/videos on non-specific, non-Duke related items... such as NBA posterizations.

Thanks, guys and gals! And Happy March!
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I really don't like the macho stuff after the dunk. I mean, if offensive players keep showing up defensive players who are trying to make a play on the ball, one of these guys is going to take exception and send the dunker flying... could be a dangerous situation.

Ok LeBron, you dunked the ball, good fella'... now run back down the court and act like you've done it before. No need for the aggressive stare down.

If you really want to play physical, man up and suit up and run a few over the middle patterns in the NFL... you're built for it. See how you like playing a game where the defense gets to unload on you..
    I don't think Jason Terry could send Lebron flying if he had a private jet. Also he was fouled on the play so running back down the court would have been silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    I don't think Jason Terry could send Lebron flying if he had a private jet. Also he was fouled on the play so running back down the court would have been silly.
    Well, maybe not running back down the court, but I hope you got the overall point. No sense in posturing after the dunk. But it was even worse than posturing, LeBron clearly wanted to show up Terry when he took a step towards him and gave him the stare down... It was an overly aggressive and totally uncalled for move by a player who is better than that.

FYI, any player can be sent flying when they are in the air, even LeBron. Simple physics, keep lower, take out his legs and boom... called an undercut.

I am not advocating that someone should do that, but if the league doesn't send a strong message to the guys that feel the need to add insult to injury, then don't be surprised if a player isn't taken out at some point...

Besides, the dunk LeBron did was pretty unspectacular IMO. He is a 6'8" monster and he dunked on a 3 on 1 break, like we don't see that oh, a dozen times a night in the NBA. Why am I not that impressed, and even less impressed with the show after the dunk?

Well, maybe not running back down the court, but I hope you got the overall point. No sense in posturing after the dunk. But it was even worse than posturing, LeBron clearly wanted to show up Terry when he took a step towards him and gave him the stare down... It was an overly aggressive and totally uncalled for move by a player who is better than that.

FYI, any player can be sent flying when they are in the air, even LeBron. Simple physics, keep lower, take out his legs and boom... called an undercut.

I am not advocating that someone should do that, but if the league doesn't send a strong message to the guys that feel the need to add insult to injury, then don't be surprised if a player isn't taken out at some point...

Besides, the dunk LeBron did was pretty unspectacular IMO. He is a 6'8" monster and he dunked on a 3 on 1 break, like we don't see that oh, a dozen times a night in the NBA. Why am I not that impressed, and even less impressed with the show after the dunk?

Terry and James have some history, with Terry basically challenging and punking James in the 2011 finals. When Lebron dunked over what-his-face from Chicago, he did not such posturing. This posturing had a lot to do with the fact that A) it was Boston 2) it was over Terry. I'm not saying it's warranting, just saying they have some personal history.

edit: whats-his-face-from-Chicago = John Lucas

LeBron clearly wanted to show up Terry when he took a step towards him and gave him the stare down...
    Battier clearly wanted to show up Pierce with that high school punk move of bouncing the ball off his back too...lol..

these guys hate each other...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

He may just have been happy he didn't drop the ball or miss the dunk, Lebron can't really palm the ball very well in one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    He may just have been happy he didn't drop the ball or miss the dunk, Lebron can't really palm the ball very well in one hand.
    Uh, no. He was taunting the dude on the floor. (You probably are kidding, but hard to tell without the icon.)

I just think that it is way "cooler" (do kids even say this any more?) to act like what you just did is no big deal. History or not, I think this kind of behavior is below a Lebron James. He doesn't need to do this junk, he is intimidating just being Lebron.

DeAndre Jordan's dunk face on the other hand was pretty funny... he didn't stand over BK like he was going to do an elbow drop on him (i.e, show him up more), he just went back down the court and saw the replay and reacted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Battier clearly wanted to show up Pierce with that high school punk move of bouncing the ball off his back too...lol..

these guys hate each other...
    Yea but did he bow up on him after? Battier can't help the fact that he is just so much smarter than 99% of his peers!

Could it possibly be because you just don't like LeBron? What he did was gorgeous last night. Not only his masterful 37/7/12, game-winning shot... but flying through the air, fully extended and throwing down a thunderous dunk... it didn't really matter who was underneath him, but that it was Jason Terry made it all the better. Sure, I kinda wished LeBron would have held his hand out to help up Terry, but on the other hand, I loved what LeBron did. He stood there. That was what the dunk warranted... just stopping time to contemplate what just happened. I thought the Tech was absurd...

And, taking someone out while they are in the air is probably the worst (stupidest) thing anyone could do on a basketball court. And, if someone tried that with LeBron it would be a sad sad day for that person. Long live the KING!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDevil View Post
    Could it possibly be because you just don't like LeBron? What he did was gorgeous last night. Not only his masterful 37/7/12, game-winning shot... but flying through the air, fully extended and throwing down a thunderous dunk... it didn't really matter who was underneath him, but that it was Jason Terry made it all the better. Sure, I kinda wished LeBron would have held his hand out to help up Terry, but on the other hand, I loved what LeBron did. He stood there. That was what the dunk warranted... just stopping time to contemplate what just happened. I thought the Tech was absurd...

And, taking someone out while they are in the air is probably the worst (stupidest) thing anyone could do on a basketball court. And, if someone tried that with LeBron it would be a sad sad day for that person. Long live the KING!
    Well if you read my post I think you can see that I do in fact like Lebron because I think that Lebron is above the "punkish" theatrics. The techical was absolutely deserved. It is why they have the rule. In fact, Lebron's actions should be in the training video for refs, "Guys in case you need to see what it is, here is an example of taunting..."

If you think that Lebron wasn't trying to be intimidating or to taunt Terry, then I can't say anything that would change your mind.

Also, I don't want anyone to undercut anyone, that is why I think that the NBA needs to be quick about stopping this type of behavior before someone deciedes that they are not going to be "dis'd" and does something really, really dumb.

Plus the dunk wasn't anything great. Lebron can dunk the ball, we all know that. He can really dunk the ball when it is lobbed up for him in front of the rim, seen it hundreds of times. Not that impressive anymore. Heck the steal and the lob pass were more impressive basketball plays.

Here's another one that's just sick...

Oh, NBA posterizations...my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    They don't usually make posters out of turnovers.

That was a horrible call. Still, if Kyle plays defense there I highly doubt little dex could dunk over him...

Does the D-League make posters? If so, Dex may indeed end up on one someday.

My Dexter Strickland poster would be a photo of him shooting an airball to ruin his 26 trillion box score.