Women's BB Question

What is the status of Amber Henson and Katie Heckman? Do they dress for games? I assume they won't be playing this year, assuming they haven't so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    What is the status of Amber Henson and Katie Heckman? Do they dress for games? I assume they won't be playing this year, assuming they haven't so far.
    They do not.

Heckman had surgery in the off-season and was never expected to play this season. Redshirt.

Henson is a little more complicated. She played a few games early last season before being shut down for surgery. She was granted a medical redshirt. Duke expected her to play around this mid-season but she still experiences some pain and Duke isn't pushing it.

Duke will apply for a second medical redshirt. It's not automatic but the NCAA has granted players a sixth season in these circumstances-Miami's Julian Gamble is an example--and Duke expects Henson to get a second hardship waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    They do not.
    Thanks. By my calculations Duke will have 15 scholarship players next year and will be somewhat stacked on the frontline in the 6' 3" - 6' 4" range. Williams, Henson, Heckman, Kendall Cooper, Oderah Chidom. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    Thanks. By my calculations Duke will have 15 scholarship players next year and will be somewhat stacked on the frontline in the 6' 3" - 6' 4" range. Williams, Henson, Heckman, Kendall Cooper, Oderah Chidom. Is that correct?
    Correct.

Don't forget Haley Peters, who is also 6-3. I'm told that Cooper and Chidom are both in the Peters mold, mobile players who can play any of the three front-court positions.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Correct.

Don't forget Haley Peters, who is also 6-3. I'm told that Cooper and Chidom are both in the Peters mold, mobile players who can play any of the three front-court positions.
    Right. I think of her as a guard for some reason. Well, with Griner in the rear view mirror thinks might get a bit interesting next year.