ACC Tournament Thread

Mods can always roll this into the ACCT seeding thread, but I figured with the regular season all but wrapped up and the greatest conference tournament around set to begin on Thursday, might as well have a thread focusing on the tournament itself.

Right now it looks like:

Miami plays the winner of the 8/9 game (BC vs GT)
    Duke plays winner of the 7/10 game (Maryland vs. WFU or VT)
    UNC plays winner of the 6/11 game (FSU vs Clemson)
    UVA or (less likely) NCSU plays winner of the 5/12 game (NCSU/UVA vs WFU or VT)

The bottom half tiebreakers are a mess, so forgive me if I've got anything wrong there.

Duke and Miami have dominated the conference schedule, but there are some interesting matchups on the horizon that make a Sunday Duke/Miami matchup anything but a lock. BC has been playing better and GT just beat Miami. Duke, obviously, lost at Maryland, and I'm sure our guys would like to get some payback, while Maryland would feel confident playing us. UNC has handled FSU and Clemson well when they've played, and, playing in front of a UNC-friendly Greensboro crowd would likely give Carolina an advantage. The 4 vs 5/12 game is a mess any way you look at it and I defy anyone to reliably pick what's going to happen there.

Obviously, I'm picking Duke to win the tournament. Part of that is my Duke-Blue glasses, part is my faith in Coach K and the emphasis he puts on winning the ACC championship, and part is the fact that we are undefeated and, im(h)o, the best team in the conference with the White Raven in the lineup.

I believe that the bottom half of the bracket is fixed, regardless of this afternoon's game. I think the tiebreakers end up keep the standings the same even if they all end up tied.

It actually came down to the winner of the Wake/VPI game. Clemson was fixed at #11. Wake won, so we'll be playing the winner of #7 Maryland and #10 Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    It actually came down to the winner of the Wake/VPI game. Clemson was fixed at #11. Wake won, so we'll be playing the winner of #7 Maryland and #10 Wake.
    Torn about the terps. Do I want to see Duke thump them, potentially for their last ACC game, or do I hope they get thumped by wake so they'll go away quickly??

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Torn about the terps. Do I want to see Duke thump them, potentially for their last ACC game, or do I hope they get thumped by wake so they'll go away quickly??
    Maryland will lose because they're looking past the Wake game to a potential matchup with us.

Also it'll be a virtual home game for Wake. Easy ticket, night game, no other fanbase in that session cares.

ACCT Tix to Be Had Still, Mid-Court, upper deck at face cost...

Just got my ACCT tix. Will be sitting mid-court, upper deck in section 211. Yeah!

FWIW, FSU still has tix available from their ticket office, and their seating area is really primo - midcourt to the endline, wedged between NCSU section and the Kerlina section. Upper deck face value/cost is about $285 for a book to all ten games. Again, today, just 4 days before the ACCT starts, I just purchased 2 tix together right at midcourt, upper leve3l for face cost ($285). Works well b/c I'm ok with rooting for them Fri and Sat. vs Miami. Go Duke!

FSU Tickets:
    http://www.seminoles.com/tickets/fsu-tickets.html

Also, FSU has good seats, courtside (next to the State section).

Phone: (850) 644-1830 or (888) 378-6653
    Fax: (850) 644-5688
    Email Ticket Office

The ACCT Seating chart:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ey-seating.pdf

Maryland did a nice job of helping the ACC to get a fifth bid AND hosing NC State tonight by tanking after they had a commanding lead over UVA. So, after tonight's action UVA gets the bye as the 4 seed, State plays VT on Thursday at 2, and WFU is the 10 seed (playing Maryland on Thursday for the right to play us Friday).

So, who to cheer for in the Md/WFU game? WFU, is the clear answer for me. First of all, I only cheer for Maryland when they're playing UNC. Secondly, while WFU has been playing better and, while Maryland has been stinking it up against anyone not named Duke, well, we're named Duke. Part of me would love to see Duke get another chance to spank Maryland...2 other parts of me are far more vocal cheering for Wake in this one: (1) We're more likely to beat Wake and that's far more important than beating up Maryland again; (2) I hate Maryland and would love to see their season end on Thursday.

Aside from the Maryland/Wake game, any other Thursday games of particular interest?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    The devil and the deac in me really doesn't care which team bids the terps a less-than-fond farewell, whether it be this year or next. Good-bye/riddance.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Go Wake, screw the Twerps.