Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post
    Damn proud to be a Duke Blue Devil. The entire team played their asses off tonight, and we won the second game at UNC for the first time since 2001!
    Since the Heels no longer competitive,who will be our rival? Maybe Syracuse??

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Team played with great energy and when you're hitting shots and outworking your opponent, good things happen. A microcosm of the game was Quinn's great defensive play to dive for that loose ball and bounce it off Bullock's foot. Bullock just stood there and then after the play tried to complain to the ref.

I really wasn't expecting us to win so comfortably. To make it even sweeter, Andrew Wiggins was at the game to witness the crickets chirping.
    http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1480115

I noticed your comment about Wiggins, and had seen this posted earlier on UNC's blog...Seems like a plethora of blue chip recruits were in the building tonight.
    Bwaah haa Bwaahh haaahaaaa!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Since the Heels no longer competitive,who will be our rival? Maybe Syracuse??
    I don't think Boeheim is sufficiently hateable. I'd suggest NC State or even Wake, but they aren't exactly tearing it up these days either.

starting off strong.

That seemed like the first game in a long time that Duke started the game strong. Essentially outplayed them from start to finish, but the 14-0 start set the tone. Started taking the air out with about 6 minutes to go, and gave up the 23 point lead, but just a solid performance throughout.

you can guard kelly
    you can guard plumlee
    you can guard curry

BUT YOU CAN'T GUARD ALL THREE!!!
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    I noticed your comment about Wiggins, and had seen this posted earlier on UNC's blog...Seems like a plethora of blue chip recruits were in the building tonight.
    Bwaah haa Bwaahh haaahaaaa!!!!!
    A couple days before the game I read that Wiggins was going to be there. Honest to God, the first thought that popped into my head was, "I thought we weren't recruiting him." Double Bwaaahh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    I don't think Boeheim is sufficiently hateable. I'd suggest NC State or even Wake, but they aren't exactly tearing it up these days either.
    Need to study how Georgetown plays Syracuse. They have figured something out.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Need to study how Georgetown plays Syracuse. They have figured something out.
    Somehow I don't think K is gonna have us playing the Princeton any time soon. We usually handle zones pretty well anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Maybe they were waiting to give Seth, Mason and Ryan their thunderous ovations, right len? Len, are you watching tonight?
    No doubt Elmore jumped to his feet and shook his fist at the tv screen when the Deandome crowd failed to give our senior starters a standing O at the end of the game! Oh, the outrage of it all...

man, i am bummed that i've been banned over at IC...i could get banned again tonight...

great game....we play like that and we can make a run...

congrats everyone....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

My favorite little detail about the game - it was within single digits for a grand total of 3 minutes and 7 seconds: from the opening tip until Seth's 3 at 17:11 (2 minutes, 49 seconds), and from the time UNC cut it to 14-5 until Seth hit a jumper to put the lead back to 11 (from 15:04 to 14:46, 18 seconds). Otherwise, Duke had at least a 10 point cushion.

Also, over the last 32 minutes and 22 seconds, the lead was less than 15 for a grand total of 53 seconds.

We killed them.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It's not too often any team can go into the Dean Dome and dominate the Heels.

Sweet win, and congrats esp. to Mason, Seth, and Ryan.

Rodney Hood

Anyone else notice during the game that the NCAA allowed Rodney Hood to travel Chapel Hill? FINALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post
    Anyone else notice during the game that the NCAA allowed Rodney Hood to travel Chapel Hill? FINALLY?
    To be fair, I think he might have been able to finance that travel on his own
    April 1

Just a quick note of praise to Mason Plumlee as we end the regular season.

He now leads the team in:
    Minutes played 34.7
    Field goals made 189
    FG% 58.9%
    Free throw attempts (229) and free throws made (154)
    Rebounds 10.3
    Scoring 17.2
    Blocks 48 ttl

He came back for his senior season, and made the most of it. He scored, rebounded, defended, was more productive from the FT line, and provided toughness and leadership.

Thanks, Mason, and I've gotta think the best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    man, i am bummed that i've been banned over at IC...i could get banned again tonight...
    As always, that place is straight comedy. My favorite (now-locked) thread is "Do we storm the court if we win?" Sure, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Minutes played 34.7
    Field goals made 189
    FG% 58.9%
    Rebounds 10.3
    Scoring 17.2
    Blocks 48 ttl

He came back for his senior season, and made the most of it. He scored, rebounded, defended, was more productive from the FT line, and provided toughness and leadership.

how can you not love him(and his orthers for that matter)

he had some down games, but the fact remains, you can't not focus on him....UNC focused on Kelly tonight, and they got destroyed by Curry and Plumlee...

focus on any of the three fluing EEEEE's (kel-E pluml-E cur-E) and the other two will destroy you...that's the strength of this team, and what made it so tough when kelly was out.

love these guys.
    April 1

Thanks, Mason

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Minutes played 34.7
    Field goals made 189
    FG% 58.9%
    Rebounds 10.3
    Scoring 17.2
    Blocks 48 ttl

Great post. Mason looked so energetic tonight -- what a difference a little rest and a lack of double teams will do. He was so great for the first two-thirds of the season it was tempting to get down on him a bit as he tailed off and had a few sub-par games. But, this lays out what a dominant year he's had and what a memorable senior season he put together. And, no one knows what the future brings, but he certainly looks like a man capable of playing at the highest level with Kelly in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Strong, strong rebounding. Love love love it!
    Duke lost the rebounding battle, despite what the numbers say.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Duke lost the rebounding battle, despite what the numbers say.
    Explain please? Yes Carolina got a lot of offensive rebounds but they missed a lot more shots than Duke.