Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    14 points on 4/12 shooting? That's seems good?
    Okay, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    lol over/under on wheat's return = sometime around july

Kelly has made ALL the difference. Cannot double plumlee so he goes off cannot focus solely on curry he goes off. its pick your poison with those three right now.

rebounding still concerns me though.
    Duke started Tyler. Although he made his first 3, he is not scaring anyone so there is your double if you want it. Rashead comes in and no difference. Seth was killing people, as was Plumlee. I like Ryan as much as the next guy, but I do not think that it's accurate to say that Plumlee did not play a terrific offensive game independent of who was on the floor. Began the game with a righty jump hook from the right block, later made one from the left block, had a spin move that was equally unstoppable, drop stepped, and lobs off plays called for him because his defender HAD to try to beat him to his spot on the otherside of the lane when the ball was on the wing on that side, or when Curry penetrated.

Plumlee had a great game, imo. Ryan, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBean View Post
    To Wheat's credit, he did say that Kelly wouldn't be able to contain PJ Hairston.

Hairston did seem to have a good game. It was the rest of his team that got stopped.
    Wheat called this game. Kelly was pretty average tonight and UNC could not stop Curry and the paid a big price. Pretty much sums it up.

Cheap thrills

It was funny to see the Carolina crowd get excited when they cut the lead to under 15.

That's a really bad sign at any time, but it's even worse on senior night.

Team played with great energy and when you're hitting shots and outworking your opponent, good things happen. A microcosm of the game was Quinn's great defensive play to dive for that loose ball and bounce it off Bullock's foot. Bullock just stood there and then after the play tried to complain to the ref.

I really wasn't expecting us to win so comfortably. To make it even sweeter, Andrew Wiggins was at the game to witness the crickets chirping.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Duke started Tyler. Although he made his first 3, he is not scaring anyone so there is your double if you want it. Rashead comes in and no difference. Seth was killing people, as was Plumlee. I like Ryan as much as the next guy, but I do not think that it's accurate to say that Plumlee did not play a terrific offensive game independent of who was on the floor. Began the game with a righty jump hook from the right block, later made one from the left block, had a spin move that was equally unstoppable, drop stepped, and lobs off plays called for him because his defender HAD to try to beat him to his spot on the otherside of the lane when the ball was on the wing on that side, or when Curry penetrated.

Sure if you want to double the Sheed/Thornton guy is the obvious choice but Sheed is shooting 39% from 3 this year and Thornton is also a respectable 37% those aren't great odds either. The doubles were a much easier call when its Hairston/Jefferson's man.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

Yea but the double team never came. Plumlee is pretty unstoppable one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Team played with great energy and when you're hitting shots and outworking your opponent, good things happen. A microcosm of the game was Quinn's great defensive play to dive for that loose ball and bounce it off Bullock's foot. Bullock just stood there and then after the play tried to complain to the ref.

I really wasn't expecting us to win so comfortably. To make it even sweeter, Andrew Wiggins was at the game to witness the crickets chirping.
    That was Tyler, btw.

Not to rub it in, but this made me laugh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    That was Tyler, btw.
    indeed Tyler does the little things so well our own fans don't even notice it when he does it. he's obviously not a star but plays hard all the time and seems to have a knack for coming up with big effort plays.

Strong, strong rebounding. Love love love it!

Quinn had a nice floor game tonight. He was more of a pg tonight than the last several. His two drives at the erased any doubt by irrationals like me.

Ryan didn't have a very good game but his presence was big. He did have some scores underneath as well as some big boards.

I loved our defense tonight. They got very few good looks from 3 and we really cut off their drives.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Wheat called this game. Kelly was pretty average tonight and UNC could not stop Curry and the paid a big price. Pretty much sums it up.
    Wheat was very, very far off from "calling this game" correctly. If he said 15 things about the game, 13 of them were wrong. You're just somehow only remembering the two he got right.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Quinn had a nice floor game tonight. He was more of a pg tonight than the last several. His two drives at the erased any doubt by irrationals like me.

Ryan didn't have a very good game but his presence was big. He did have some scores underneath as well as some big boards.

I loved our defense tonight. They got very few good looks from 3 and we really cut off their drives.
    Kelly was fine. Solid D, kept Mason from being doubled, took some charges. Best part? He didn't NEED to score in double figures. Team is looking more like the November version...

That was Tyler, btw.
    It was the play of the game, followed by Mason's reverse flush

DDMF

Damn proud to be a Duke Blue Devil. The entire team played their asses off tonight, and we won the second game at UNC for the first time since 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    It was the play of the game, followed by Mason's reverse flush
    I liked the Plumlee alley oop lay in on two UNC defenders while getting fouled..

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Speaking of crickets, absolutely no love when Dexter Strickland went out with a minute and change, last game at the dean dome
    Maybe they were waiting to give Seth, Mason and Ryan their thunderous ovations, right len? Len, are you watching tonight?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Duke did a lot well tonight- mostly getting rebounds and controlling tempo. Loved when Tyler went down low and grabbed one to reset the clock. Duke was very strong and kept the pressure on all game. Never easy to win big on the road- hard to keep the focus. But Mason was the man tonight. He did everything one could ask of a big guy. Great way for him to end his last regular season game.

That was Tyler, btw.
    Sorry, was watching in a crowded, noisy bar and have had a few drinks since then 8-)

Obviously I'm not in any state to be analyzing the game, but I'm going to anyways... did anyone else notice that defensively it looked like we were allowing our two bigs to play almost like a zone, while our guards stayed man-to-man but switched pretty liberally on the perimeter? It was really effective, prevented them from getting separation off of the ball screen and allowed our bigs to be available to help. They didn't have any kind of inside threat so it didn't really matter who guarded who inside the paint.