Reality Shows: What's next?!

With so many ever-devolving reality shows, with the laest premiering this fall (Kid Nation on CBS), where do you think the reality shows will be in ten years?
    How long do you believe it will be before there will be a life or death type series where people literally are killed in front of the camera?

Think it'll devolve into something like ancient Rome and the coliseum and throwing a group of people to the lions? Or the gladiator tournaments of old, and instead of the imperious leader deciding the fate of the loser... text your vote ala American Idol?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    With so many ever-devolving reality shows, with the laest premiering this fall (Kid Nation on CBS), where do you think the reality shows will be in ten years?
    How long do you believe it will be before there will be a life or death type series where people literally are killed in front of the camera?

Think it'll devolve into something like ancient Rome and the coliseum and throwing a group of people to the lions? Or the gladiator tournaments of old, and instead of the imperious leader deciding the fate of the loser... text your vote ala American Idol?
    Personally I hope they drop the genre. They have become overbearing and totally phoney.

Reality Shows

I agree, they have become less "reality" and seemingly more and more rehreased and scripted.

But as long as people watch it (like a car wreck, you just gotta look!) they will be around.
    I figure within the next 20 years there will be either a life or death type thing (perhaps something along the lines of the movie "The Condemned" or "The Running Man") or broadcast of an actual death row sentence carried out.

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    I agree, they have become less "reality" and seemingly more and more rehreased and scripted.

But as long as people watch it (like a car wreck, you just gotta look!) they will be around.
    I figure within the next 20 years there will be either a life or death type thing (perhaps something along the lines of the movie "The Condemned" or "The Running Man") or broadcast of an actual death row sentence carried out.

I think they continue to go downhill, but more slowly.

They have nearly reached the bottom. Earl told me this weekend about "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels" on VH1.

Here is the listing.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/episode/143370

The apocalypse is upon us.

Rock of Love

OMG, I have caught some of that show. It's worse than "Girls Next Door".
    Though the cat fights are a little nice, overall this show is a friggin laugh!

Girls Next Door is a close second though. If you do not mind the whining and screetching and ignore the bimbo factor, the girls are hot so the view is pleasing. It is best to watch this show with the MUTE button on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I think they continue to go downhill, but more slowly.

They have nearly reached the bottom. Earl told me this weekend about "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels" on VH1.

Here is the listing.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/episode/143370

The apocalypse is upon us.
    Says Bret Michaels: "Karen, will you stay and rock my world?"

What the? Bret Micheals? For you lady DBRsters out there, do you find that Bret Micheals has an irresistable amount of sex appeal? Bret Michaels? He sucks. I'd rather french kiss Bryan Adams.

-EarlJam

Reality or no?

He was cool in his day, but for pity's sake that was 20 years ago!
    And he looks like 20 years of bad road too!

I need more of the Joe Schmoe show, that was the best, although I'm pretty sure I was the only fan.