Thread: Grambling State

Grambling State

Under the radar, the Grambling State Tigers are having a historic season. Some fun facts:

> Not only are they the only winless team in college basketball, they haven't even gotten within single digits once, despite playing in what is by a wide margin the worst conference (SWAC). According to kenpom, they have the 338th toughest schedule. They've played teams ranked 335, 337, 339, and 340 at home.
    > There are 347 teams in Division 1. Kenpom has them as 347th in offense and 347th in defense. That alone is incredible. I don't think any team has ever been first in both - so Grambling is more bad than any national champion is good.
    > The difference between the 346th best offense and Grambling is equivalent to 8 spots on the top of kenpom rankings, ie the difference between Indiana and Iowa State (sidebar: ISU has a top 10 offense?!).
    > The difference between the 346th best defense and Grambling is equivalent to 17 spots on the top of kenpom rankings, ie the difference between Louisville and Virginia.
    > Auburn is one of the worst BCS teams and has been for a long time. They're 9-21 and have lost to some terrible teams. They played 342nd ranked Furman at home and only won by 14. They beat 347th ranked Grambling by 50.

Hopefully this isn't too mean-spirited, but I can't remember anything quite like this.

Next Wednesday, Grambling plays Alabama A&M in the conference tournament. Watch!

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that they had never come within single digits, but I had no idea abort the rest.