Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

the #14 Ohio State University 67, #2 Indiana 58

64-55 OSU with 1:17 to play

i guess lunardi will immediately move them off the 1-line?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

OSU

What a game by OSU. Amazing D, energy and tenacity. Aaron Craft at his best.

Refs have swallowed their whistles...not even calling it when Indiana is trying to foul.

Teflon Hoosiers

Will they still be ranked #1? Don't get me wrong. I think IU is very good and could win the title, but Dakish just said he didn't think this would affect their #1 seed, with a road game against Michigan still looming. Why is their overall resume clearly better than those of Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Georgetown, Miami, Michigan, Louisville, and Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Refs have swallowed their whistles...not even calling it when Indiana is trying to foul.
    Yeah...intentionally fouled on the arm at least four times and nothing called. Who's the on the ball ref? Of course it's Teddy Valentine! OSU wins I think that means Lunardi makes IU locked in a the #1 overall and moves Duke down to a 3 seed. Fun game to watch. OSU with a great win.

Yes, winky face means I was joking just to be super clear. Just alluding to the fact that the media seems to love IU this season no matter what.

Lunardi

Has anyone in history received more attention for doing something that means so little than Joe Lunardi? Who cares who he puts on the 1 line?

Quote Originally Posted by wallyman View Post
    Has anyone in history received more attention for doing something that means so little than Joe Lunardi?
    Among people not named Kardashian? No.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyman View Post
    Has anyone in history received more attention for doing something that means so little than Joe Lunardi? Who cares who he puts on the 1 line?
    Well he is just proof that getting there first is really all that matters. I've been guilty of using him but I try to just use him as a starting point, but I do agree, his opinion is as useless as yours or mine assuming you actually understand the process a bit and at that point, he actually isn't better than other bracketologists.

This also improve how our win over OSU looks.

first?

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Well he is just proof that getting there first is really all that matters. I've been guilty of using him but I try to just use him as a starting point, but I do agree, his opinion is as useless as yours or mine assuming you actually understand the process a bit and at that point, he actually isn't better than other bracketologists.
    When did Lunardi get their first?

Jerry Palm was doing it (and doing it better) long before anyone heard of Lunardi.

And Bill Brill was doing it long before Palm ... Brill is the first real bracketologist.

Just as the Kardashians are the no-talent products of the E! Network ... Lunardi is the no-talent product of ESPN.

And, yes, he still has Indiana on the No. 1 line and Duke on the 2 line.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    And, yes, he still has Indiana on the No. 1 line and Duke on the 2 line.
    That fact that you looked that up says a lot.

lunardi

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    That fact that you looked that up says a lot.
    Didn't look him up ... was watchign SportsCenter and saw his comments.

It DOES explain a lot -- Lunardi gets the puffery because he gets the exposure on ESPN. But if you pay an attention to him, I have to ask -- do you pay attention to Lou Holtz? Lee Corso? Digger Phelps?

I miss Brill.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Just as the Kardashians are the no-talent products of the E! Network ... Lunardi is the no-talent product of ESPN.
    Lunardi isn't the only no talent product at ESPN. They're littered with them.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Lunardi isn't the only no talent product at ESPN. They're littered with them.
    Not the least of which are the producers or directors of the actual games. Who ever decides what is on camera has no idea what people watch a basketball game for.

ESPN is just a comercial, sprinkled with sports. There whole production is an advertisment for their next production.

Digger

Didn't look him up ... was watchign SportsCenter and saw his comments.

It DOES explain a lot -- Lunardi gets the puffery because he gets the exposure on ESPN. But if you pay an attention to him, I have to ask -- do you pay attention to Lou Holtz? Lee Corso? Digger Phelps?
    I have to pay close attention when Digger talks because otherwise I won't understand anything that he's saying. If I really concentrate, however, I can understand about half of it.

Terrific win for the Bucks.

They have the pieces of a good-to-great team, and are slowly figuring out how they all might work together.

Matta's starting to really push this squad because, I sense, he knows they're close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Terrific win for the Bucks.

They have the pieces of a good-to-great team, and are slowly figuring out how they all might work together.

Matta's starting to really push this squad because, I sense, he knows they're close.
    Mike, I know you follow the Bucks and B1G; what's your sense about how the top teams there compare to the top teams in the ACC (Miami, Duke, UNC, UVa, State)?
    Seems like a very good year for the B1G, and some very good teams, but I recall the ACC was able to get a tie in the conference challenge results earlier in the year.

Just wondering which teams from the B1G do you think will go the farthest?

Well, I think Ohio State is getting hot at the right time, whereas Indiana, M*chigan and Michigan State--superior squads on paper--are floundering a smidge.

The Hoosiers have lost 2 of 3, and have to end the season with a trip to see Ann Arbor, a fate I would not wish upon anyone.

The Wolverine players seem to be equally upset with their time in Ann Arbor, having gone 4-4 since the start of February.

And the Spartans have lost their last three games!

Since getting blown out at Wisconsin--the uncontending contender of the Big Ten, imo--Ohio State has crushed Minnesota, and scored a pair of top-5 wins in addition to an unimpressive (trap game) win against Northwestern.

All that said...I think the Big Ten teams have worn each other down a bit, but I think each has the ability to recharge for a tournament run. No team stands out in particular in this group. So that leaves me with MSU and OSU. Talent. Experience. Tough schedules. Etc.

I do think the Big Ten is markedly deeper than the ACC; I do not think the top of the ACC (Duke and Miami) is out of their league at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nashvilledevil View Post
    lunardi isn't the only no talent product at espn. They're littered with them.
    bomani jones!!!! Come on down!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese