Senior Nights Through The Years

Article up over on bluedevilnation about Duke's Senior Nights Through the Years. Since 1983, Duke is 8-8 vs. UNC on Senior Night and 10-4 vs. everyone else. We've never played Va Tech in a Senior Night game. Lots of other tidbits on our senior night history -- the link is right here.

Senior Night

Mistake in the story -- it mentions the 2010 Senior night 82-50 victory over UNC and lists the three seniors as John Scheyer, Lance Thomas and Nolan Smith.

Nolan was, of course, a junior in 2010.

The third senior in 2010 was a big guy with a beard who later went into the bakery busicess ...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Mistake in the story -- it mentions the 2010 Senior night 82-50 victory over UNC and lists the three seniors as John Scheyer, Lance Thomas and Nolan Smith.

Nolan was, of course, a junior in 2010.

The third senior in 2010 was a big guy with a beard who later went into the bakery busicess ...
    Mistake's been fixed.

Another minor quibble: there was another senior who played in the 2001 senior night game vs. Maryland. He got some good run while he was at Duke. Answered to Shane.

I remember that game well actually. It was my senior night too. As an RA, I stood behind the MD bench as a buffer between the MD players/supporters and the Crazies. Was very sad to lose on senior night, and especially losing Carlos. Things turned out ok though.