Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    As much as K loves the three, I think he wants to stymie their three. Only the most astonishingly good D can stop everything. Else, you pick your poison. K has - for years - chosen to stop the three. That leaves us out of position for rebounds, and leaves more of the lane open. But, overall, it seems to work.

-jk
    Which is exactly why K's defensive scheme against Miami Saturday worked. He took away the 3 Ball from Miami at all costs, and even though Miami was scoring often in the paint in the first half, they were only getting two's and Duke was keeping pace with 3's.

Duke defended the lane better in that 2nd half while still denying Miami the 3.

It will be the same this Saturday night. They will stay on the shooters (Hairston/Bullock and to a lesser degree McDonald) and force UNC to score inside the arc. UNC has size with their guards, but none of them are great at beating defenders off the dribble with quickness and attacking. Duke will need to deny the 3, and then try to rebound effectively enough to limit 2nd Chance points.

Meanwhile, Hairston or Bullock has to guard Kelly and Mason will be one on one in the paint with McAdoo. It will be a far different test than the one the heels faced in Rd 1.

I like our chances a lot.

And yet Erick Green said after the game this was the best defense he's seen all year.

-jk
    Officials. Did he mention anything or talk to elmoron about the officials?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Officials. Did he mention anything or talk to elmoron about the officials?
    The refs were putrid last night. Green pushed off all night, and on two occasions literally lowered his shoulder and knocked Tyler to the floor. The first time they called the foul on Tyler (and not a blocking foul either), and the 2nd time called nothing. A 3rd time, Green pushed Tyler down to the floor again with no call, and I actually thought Tyler was going to get a technical. He got up and while resuming his position on Green who had just got the ball back, Tyler screamed at the ref and clapped his hands in anger with a scowl on his face looking right at the ref. He had had enough and I did not blame him. It was ridiculous. I was surprised the ref did not hit both Tyler and Daniel Ewing with a technical for that.

The defense on Mason inside was very physical as well. He got beat up all night.

Seth Greenburg may be gone, but the dirty play lives on under the new regime...

Good fight going down with GT vs. Miami....

Hold the phone!

Georgia Tech up 1 on Miami with 3 minute left?!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    The refs were putrid last night. Green pushed off all night, and on two occasions literally lowered his shoulder and knocked Tyler to the floor. The first time they called the foul on Tyler (and not a blocking foul either), and the 2nd time called nothing. A 3rd time, Green pushed Tyler down to the floor again with no call, and I actually thought Tyler was going to get a technical. He got up and while resuming his position on Green who had just got the ball back, Tyler screamed at the ref and clapped his hands in anger with a scowl on his face looking right at the ref. He had had enough and I did not blame him. It was ridiculous. I was surprised the ref did not hit both Tyler and Daniel Ewing with a technical for that.

The defense on Mason inside was very physical as well. He got beat up all night.

Seth Greenburg may be gone, but the dirty play lives on under the new regime...
    I met a Hokie at work today and was pissed about Duke. He said we got all the calls...LOL!

Why isn't the Miami game in tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Why isn't the Miami game in tv?
    ACC Network split.

Go Tech!

-jk

MIAMI goes DOWN!!!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Tech wins on a last-second tip.

Oh man, it's too bad our game is after Miami's on Saturday. Lessens the chance that our guys will be playing for a share of the ACC regular season crown. Still, hats off the GT for keeping the suspense alive for a few more days. Way to go, guys!

Miami falls

WOW- GT with the putback for the win, 71-69!

Whoa Nelly! GT over The "U"!!!

This could get interesting if the 'Canes (more like a tropical depression at this point) drop their remaining game to the Tigers. How improbable would it be for us to have a shot at tying for 1st in the ACC regular season? Verrrry interesting!

With 3 losses in 4 games, a #1 seed is looking pretty improbable for Miami at this point. You could argue a #2 is in jeopardy, though for practical purposes, not sure how much #2 vs #3 really matters.

Unbelievable game, incredible finish, absolutely shocking outcome. College basketball is crazy.

What a letdown for Miami. Maybe a hangover from the Duke game. It just shows you - YOU HAVE TO BRING IT EVERY NIGHT.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Go Tech!

-jk
    Final: GT 71-UM 69

Big Reg flexed his way to a 3TO, 2PF and 2 point showing tonight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Final: GT 71-UM 69

Big Reg flexed his way to a 3TO, 2PF and 2 point showing tonight.
    Dirty little secret is that Johnson has been pretty ordinary since his return. Kadji and Gamble have more than picked up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Oh man, it's too bad our game is after Miami's on Saturday. Lessens the chance that our guys will be playing for a share of the ACC regular season crown. Still, hats off the GT for keeping the suspense alive for a few more days. Way to go, guys!
    Well, 1 positive is it keeps the pressure squarely on Miami to win Saturday. Pressure clearly wasn't their friend tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Not if The "U" gacks up another game like tonight, it won't