WBB: ND vs UConn

Heck of a game. These two teams really go at it. Triple overtime win for ND on Diggin's senior night.

Fantastic game. I thought Luigi was going to stroke out when Dolson got her fifth foul; that was a Karl Hess call, with a side order of Dick Paparo.

Great performances by Diggins, McBride, and Auchumwa. UConn was way out of sync all night. Think our 29-turnover performance against the Sheep yesterday was putrid? UConn had 36 tonight.

ESPN put up a really interesting stat late in regulation. UConn is 0-3 in its last three games decided by five points or less. We used to hear people say about the Syracuse men that if you could keep it close for 38 minutes the Orange would find a way to hand the game to you. Seems like the UConn women have the same problem.

Amazing game. Diggins' will to win was almost tangible. I can't wait to have ND in our conference -- win or lose, I want Duke to play more of these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Think our 29-turnover performance against the Sheep yesterday was putrid? UConn had 36 tonight.
    That's what I was thinking -- I was impressed that they had more TOs than we did, although it took 3 OTs to get them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lid View Post
    Amazing game. Diggins' will to win was almost tangible. I can't wait to have ND in our conference -- win or lose, I want Duke to play more of these teams.
    There aren't very many of "these teams". To me, WBB is the tiebreaker in the Cincy vs. Uconn debate.