Ryan Kelly on Dan Patrick Show

Don't know if it is on tape delay, and therefore has already been heard on the East Coast. but Ryan Kelly will be interviewed on the Dan Patrick radio show in 2 minutes. Tune in!

Thanks, anyone have a link or a summary?

Link to White Raven-Race Car Driver's talk

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/03/04...-hair-at-duke/

Neither Ryan nor Dan seemed to realize that The White Raven is a take-off on The Black Falcon, self-proclaimed nickname of Rick Barnes' son.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

http://collegebasketballtalk.n...ith-ryan-kelly/

Yeah, Patrick actually threw out a few landmines there which Ryan neatly dodged, such as "Why the WHITE Raven though..." Also pressing him on what got K so upset after the UVA game, and implying that it might be related to the fact that Duke had just lost.

Great interview. Great kid. So articulate - he represents us very well. I was wondering if it, the nickname, was a takeoff on Harry Barnes. I can understand him not wanting to acknowledge that though... HA!
    Last edited by -bdbd; 03-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Impressive that Kelly is a PubPol major...I knew he was a smart guy being a National Merit guy in high school and Academic All-ACC, but certainly not taking the easy route in the course curriculum. Not too much new insight from the interview - Patrick definitely tries to give some leading questions and Kelly did a good job answering them. Sounded surprised that he was able to play 32 minutes against Miami - hopefully, he won't be too sore/tired and will feel refreshed and good to go by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Impressive that Kelly is a PubPol major...I knew he was a smart guy being a National Merit guy in high school and Academic All-ACC, but certainly not taking the easy route in the course curriculum. Not too much new insight from the interview - Patrick definitely tries to give some leading questions and Kelly did a good job answering them. Sounded surprised that he was able to play 32 minutes against Miami - hopefully, he won't be too sore/tired and will feel refreshed and good to go by tomorrow.
    If he's winded tomorrow, he'll have some time to get his feet under him before the final push. After tomorrow, we'll have one game in the following 9 days.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    If he's winded tomorrow, he'll have some time to get his feet under him before the final push. After tomorrow, we'll have one game in the following 9 days.
    I kind of hope they limit his minutes tomorrow assuming we are ahead of VT as expected. No need to push him too hard too fast especially after Miami game. Let's not put him in a position where he could aggravate anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I kind of hope they limit his minutes tomorrow assuming we are ahead of VT as expected. No need to push him too hard too fast especially after Miami game. Let's not put him in a position where he could aggravate anything.
    It looks to me like his practice time is gonna be on the court. I expect him to play 30+. How will he do? I have absolutely no idea.

sage