Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    If squirrels have no cones, then they would have limited vision in the daytime. The rod neuroreceptors are responsible for low-light situations and sensitivity to motion.
    Maybe this is why they have trouble figuring out which way to run when they get caught in the middle of the road in front of my car.
    But please keep up your fine basketball commentary; I enjoy your posts.
    Now blind pigs and acorns, have at it.
    JStuart, Duke Ophth. '81
    Links?

(kidding, folks, kidding. Look at his cred)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Seth Davis just said that Kelly is a game time decision... He said he will play and might start!!!
    Source (his)?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Source (his)?
    He didn't provide a source... This was said during halftime of louisville and syracuse... He said kelly practiced full contact yesteday... He said Duke labeled Kelly a game time decision... Davis stated "that he's not a game time decision, he's going play and might even start"

pamtar

I saw this and that would be very nice and start Kelly . And we have a heck of a game!
    I am dreaming now, but hope Coach K takes a chance and states to the Miami coach. After we destroy you, there will be no court storming for your saftey!
    And we beat them by say; 40 points! Then I woke up.

Have nice day, Go Duke.
    Jimmy,

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    That's a good sign. I also don't understand how Digger can be so blatantly pro Notre Dame and nobody seems to care, but if somebody was like that for Duke, they'd be crucified. I guess it's because Notre Dame hadn't been that relevant on the national scene lately. I also found it interesting that they were discussing court storming using Coach K as the catalyst (and basically only showing stormings against Duke), but failed to mention that Coach K said he is FOR student celebrations following a victory. He just thinks they should allow the players to get off first. Sloppy journalism in my mind with Jalen Rose talking about how great court storming is to celebrate. Can't they ever read a full quote? Especially since it was in response to a question. It's not as if coach K brought the subject up on his own.

In any event, psyched for the game tonight. Let's go Duke!
    With the state of the "media" today, I'd say if it can't fit in one tweet they're not going to read the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wk2109 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing today. Simple-minded Jalen Rose only focused on the issue of whether court-stormings should happen when the actual issue that K talked about was player safety. Everyone else seemed to understand that the issue wasn't as simple as Jalen was making it out to be. I think Jay Bilas probably gets really annoyed at how illogical the other GameDay guys can be.
    It is okay, the CBS guys weren't much better. Greg Anthony wants no restrictions. He thinks that bad things will happen and that we shouldn't do anything even if someone gets injured or a fight happens b/c society isn't perfect. Gottlieb say you can't get rid of it b/c it is engrained in basketball, which I sort of agree. Then he says he doesn't want it to jump the shark. You mean it hasn't already? Then Seth Davis was the old man, who said something bad will happen and that something has to happen before something bad happens. But the end was the kicker, Gottlieb was completely fine until the end and goes something along the lines of, well we know that if a Duke person gets hit, they'll flop anyways. It is amazing at how unprofessional these guys can be but I guess that is more a comment on the average viewer who actually believes that junk.

As far as storming the court, I don't think it should be banned completely but they should put some type of punishment in place to limit the amount it happens so that it only happens when it should happen. Duke is a top 5 team sure. But Virginia was favorites in Vegas. If they want to make it to the S16, they'll have to beat a similar team. So will they storm the court in the NCAAT as well? And Duke has 4 losses this year, by the 4th loss, it ain't that special.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    It is okay, the CBS guys weren't much better. Greg Anthony wants no restrictions. He thinks that bad things will happen and that we shouldn't do anything even if someone gets injured or a fight happens b/c society isn't perfect. Gottlieb say you can't get rid of it b/c it is engrained in basketball, which I sort of agree. Then he says he doesn't want it to jump the shark. You mean it hasn't already? Then Seth Davis was the old man, who said something bad will happen and that something has to happen before something bad happens. But the end was the kicker, Gottlieb was completely fine until the end and goes something along the lines of, well we know that if a Duke person gets hit, they'll flop anyways. It is amazing at how unprofessional these guys can be but I guess that is more a comment on the average viewer who actually believes that junk.

As far as storming the court, I don't think it should be banned completely but they should put some type of punishment in place to limit the amount it happens so that it only happens when it should happen. Duke is a top 5 team sure. But Virginia was favorites in Vegas. If they want to make it to the S16, they'll have to beat a similar team. So will they storm the court in the NCAAT as well? And Duke has 4 losses this year, by the 4th loss, it ain't that special.
    Maybe we shouldn't flatter ourselves that they were celebrating duke losing...it could have been any top 5 opponent and they would have stormed the court...it was them celebrating a win over a highly ranked opponent...
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    With the state of the "media" today, I'd say if it can't fit in one tweet they're not going to read the whole thing.
    I am a little depressed now because I think you are right...

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Maybe we shouldn't flatter ourselves that they were celebrating duke losing...it could have been any top 5 opponent and they would have stormed the court...it was them celebrating a win over a highly ranked opponent...
    But that is my point. The top 5 teams have a 16 losses. So there should be 16 court stormings in a year? And that doesn't even take into account teams like Florida, Kansas, or Arizona who were in or around the top 5 and lost. And they were Vegas favorites. NC State was predicted to win the ACC. And those stormings were staged. It wasn't like the Indiana one or even the Duke one which was the organic one that Bilas talked about. The students just want to storm the court and that is the problem. You don't look for an excuse to storm the court.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Links?

(kidding, folks, kidding. Look at his cred)
    Devildeac, I don't subscribe to veterinary journals, so I can't link anything today. I have had some patients who were, ah, shall we say, squirrelly?
    Let's hope that even a blind hog (or even Dickie V) will be able to see how pumped up our effort will be tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Do you know how much we are hated, especially in conference? Our ranking has lot to do with it but schools really want to rub it in our faces when we lose because we're Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Do you know how much we are hated, especially in conference? Our ranking has lot to do with it but schools really want to rub it in our faces when we lose because we're Duke.
    Agree. But UVa has been down for a few years now, and this win probably took them off the bubble for an NCAAT bid. Those too are reasons for celebration.

But K has an excellent point: The host school, which in the ACC is responsible for crowd control, needs a system to ensure the safety of the visiting team leaving the court. That yellow phalanx along the Duke bench was admirable, so I give UVa credit for that. What UVa didn't do was keep the students from pouring down the stairs right in front of the Duke tunnel. That's what Coach K was screaming about to the uniformed police. Very shortly thereafter, the cops blocked the students long enough for Duke to exit the court (leading to much booing by UVa fans -- not attractive). They and other schools just need to do a better job at that sort of planning.

Wow!! Here I was thinking I might find some light pre-Miami game analysis and I run in to more court storming discussion.

Now here's hoping Ryan, Seth, and Mason can show some senior leadership and take it to Miami from the start.

Did anyone mention the Ryan Kelly is starting?

Twiiter: @Duke_MBB: Game time 15 minutes away. Duke starters Cook, Curry, Sulaimon, Plumlee and Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix22 View Post
    Did anyone mention the Ryan Kelly is starting?

Twiiter: @Duke_MBB: Game time 15 minutes away. Duke starters Cook, Curry, Sulaimon, Plumlee and Kelly
    Great. Now when will the game start on TV?

Let's go duke!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Go Away Rick Barnes!

I hate to call out a fellow Hickory-native but why in the world do you foul down 17 with less than 2 minutes left!!!!!!!!!!???

Man I can't wait to see Kelly out there. Hope he does well!

This TX/OKS game had only 6 minutes left at about 5:48 PM (EST). And here it is 20 minutes later and there's still a minute left. That's five minutes of on court play taking twenty. And it's a blow out at that! Ugh.

Mason with another soft start.