Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Another movie related thread

The movies I've seen this summer have gotten me to think about some things I'd like to see. Here are some of them.

1. Orlando Bloom in a decently scripted chick movie where the point is he's kissing somebody. I know, Elizabethtown, but there was a lot of other stuff going on there and Kirsten Dunst isn't the right actress for this, I'm not sure who is, maybe Rachel McAdams. I think it needs to be an American actress though.

2. Cuba Gooding Jr in a decently scripted movie where he takes a supporting role again. Quit making those stupid comedies, go back to supporting, and don't worry if it's not going to win you an Oscar, think decent script!

That's a start. I'll have more I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The movies I've seen this summer have gotten me to think about some things I'd like to see. Here are some of them.

1. Orlando Bloom in a decently scripted chick movie where the point is he's kissing somebody. I know, Elizabethtown, but there was a lot of other stuff going on there and Kirsten Dunst isn't the right actress for this, I'm not sure who is, maybe Rachel McAdams. I think it needs to be an American actress though.

2. Cuba Gooding Jr in a decently scripted movie where he takes a supporting role again. Quit making those stupid comedies, go back to supporting, and don't worry if it's not going to win you an Oscar, think decent script!

That's a start. I'll have more I'm sure
    American Ganster with Denzell Washington and Russell Crowe, directed by Ridley Scott, will *** hopefully *** nicely fill your second wish. Cuba Gooding is in that in a supporting role. It's so supporting, I haven't seen him in any of the previews, but I know he's in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    American Ganster with Denzell Washington and Russell Crowe, directed by Ridley Scott, will *** hopefully *** nicely fill your second wish. Cuba Gooding is in that in a supporting role. It's so supporting, I haven't seen him in any of the previews, but I know he's in the movie.
    Cuba has made some of the most --well-- unfortunate film choices in recent years. Whew!!!

I am not surprised the film is hiding Cuba from the public. He is really not a boxoffice draw anymore and has a rep for making bad films. With Denzel and Crowe on board you have more than enough star power. Plus, several big hip-hop stars are in this flick including Common, T.I., and RZA (the founder of the Wu-Tang clan).

-Jason "some of Cuba's film choices have smacked of 'show me the money and who cares about the quality'" Evans