Greenberg Picks Duke (moved from Ryan Kelly thread)

For those of you who didn't catch it, Seth Greenberg nearly knocked J Will off his chair on ESPN a few hours ago. How? The two were asked to pick the the NCAA Champion and Greenberg picked Duke. Why? Ryan Kelly. No really, this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    For those of you who didn't catch it, Seth Greenberg nearly knocked J Will off his chair on ESPN a few hours ago. How? The two were asked to pick the the NCAA Champion and Greenberg picked Duke. Why? Ryan Kelly. No really, this happened.
    Greenie is a secret Duke fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Greenie is a secret Duke fan.
    True. Those were all love taps from Deron Washington

As long as Digger doesn't pick Duke

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    As long as Digger doesn't pick Duke
    He couldn't do it, not even out of spite.

Thankfully.

P.S. Digger -- Dawkins reversed on David Rivers. Eat it.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    They are a good pair on the halftime show. Their back and forth is quite enjoyable and at least doesn't seemed forced. Plus they always give a great ACC perspective given their careers

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    They are a good pair on the halftime show. Their back and forth is quite enjoyable and at least doesn't seemed forced. Plus they always give a great ACC perspective given their careers
    I'm surprised Seth has ANY perspective, given his career!
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm surprised Seth has ANY perspective, given his career!
    He is perfect for sniffing out those bubble teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Mods: this whole JWill/Greenberg/Phelps sidebar should probably be in a separate thread, no? Not really even tangentially related to the Kelly foot vigil.
    well greenberg indicated that he thought duke with kelly was a national championship team, and there is a good chance that kelly will be back for the VT game, making VT wish that they still have greenberg (and as I will be behind the VT bench, I can assure you I will continuously remind them of how at least under seth they were on the bubble)
    1200. DDMF.

well greenberg indicated that he thought duke with kelly was a national championship team, and there is a good chance that kelly will be back for the VT game, making VT wish that they still have greenberg (and as I will be behind the VT bench, I can assure you I will continuously remind them of how at least under seth they were on the bubble)
    In fairness to Johnson, he did lose Finney-Smith and Harrell. With them, this VT team might be on the bubble.

And to keep it on topic, a VT upset tonight would be nice. They did take NCSU into OT in Raleigh and beat FSU in their last outing. So, we shall see.

Greenberg in Cameron

Growing up in Tampa, my parents had season tickets to USF South Florida basketball games. My mom was also a "Green Jacket" (similar to an Iron Duke) and, because of this, I got to meet Seth Greenberg many times. I also went to his basketball camp every year from 1st grade to 6th. Because of this, when he would see me after a basketball game he would be able to greet me using my name after he shook my parents hands.

Fast forward to my sophomore year at Duke (2008-09): It's the first time VPI had visited Cameron since I was a student and it was also the first ACC game of the year. I got in line really early and snagged front row seats in the Crazies, directly in front of the Va Tech bench. During a lull in a TV time out in the 2nd half, a group of about 20 of us started chanting "USF! USF! USF!" at Seth (most Crazies had no idea what this chant had to do with anything).

As his team breaks their huddle, Seth hears our chant, and looks over. He sees me standing in the first row, points, shakes his head and then puts his hand in his palm (I like to believe it was part shock and part disgust)

Moral of the story: Seth's ghosts will always come back to haunt him

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He is perfect for sniffing out those bubble teams.
    BURN!!!