TV for USA Senior Team Games

The Americas Championship begins next week in Vegas and several of the games will be telecast by ESPN, FSN and NBA TV (?). The link to the schedule is below:

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.ph...snt_tvschedule

gw67

excited

I'm pretty excited for some basketball. Nothing wrong with seeing some of the best players in the world play and unlike in all-star games, the U.S.A. collection of players will be playing competitively.

I really see the U.S. team doing well and bringing home the gold.

Thumbs up Yahoo -- some basketball!!

Hey gw67, THANKS for the update and TV schedule. I also think this team -- and I repeat "team" (...there's no I in team) can compete on the international level and with the international play to bring home the Gold.

Looking forward to some great games!!

Thanks for the schedule as well. Looks like a couple of late nights, but it will be worth it for some (hopefully) good hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Thanks for the schedule as well. Looks like a couple of late nights, but it will be worth it for some (hopefully) good hoops.
    Think I'll ask TIVO to stay up late so I will watch the next day

Looooove Tivo!

Being on the West Coast at the moment, I won't have to stay up as late as most of you guys to view the USA games. But TIVO has changed my life -- for the better. I mean, WHY spend 3.5 hrs. watching an NFL game, when you can see ALL the action in less than 2 (sans commercials)? WHY watch an exciting DUKE game in 2 hrs, when you can see ALL the action in 60 minutes? GO TEAM USA!!

Except for the Duke hatred around the country, does anyone have any other thoughts about why the team is not getting the positive "press" it deserves? I'm pissed about the negativity I've seen in many written articles. Thoughts?

The expectations for the US team have lowered considerably based on underperformance for a number of years. People aren't ready to believe until they see the proof, and it's hard to blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Being on the West Coast at the moment, I won't have to stay up as late as most of you guys to view the USA games. But TIVO has changed my life -- for the better. I mean, WHY spend 3.5 hrs. watching an NFL game, when you can see ALL the action in less than 2 (sans commercials)? WHY watch an exciting DUKE game in 2 hrs, when you can see ALL the action in 60 minutes? GO TEAM USA!!

Except for the Duke hatred around the country, does anyone have any other thoughts about why the team is not getting the positive "press" it deserves? I'm pissed about the negativity I've seen in many written articles. Thoughts?
    Couple things:

Football games take less than 30 minutes if you use the 30 second skip which you can enable on a TIVO. You skip all the huddle junk, too.

I think that a lot of the negativity centers around the fact that USA basketball has not won in several years, and has been beaten badly by some "bad" teams. This team will have to prove itself. Also, it's much easier to tear things down than it is to build them up.

Cool Another link

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...v_schedule.pdf

I had no luck getting into the first link supplied. But this one did work.