Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Boston Logan

According to CNN about 30 minutes ago, the NY airports are going to open for limited flights later today, but Boston Logan will remain closed today.

Philly

In Philly, the storm was a bust. We got an inch, if that. Could they fly in to Philly and drive ~6 hours to Boston.

The Boston Bruins re-scheduled their game from 1:00 PM today Saturday to...7:00 PM today Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...e-changed-7-pm

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    In Philly, the storm was a bust. We got an inch, if that. Could they fly in to Philly and drive ~6 hours to Boston.
    As of now, only emergency vehicles and road crews are allowed to drive in Boston. That will change in a few hours, but the roads are a nightmare. They won't be passable for many hours and perhaps a whole day...

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Duke MBB official Twitter feed just announced that the team won't be traveling to Boston until tomorrow morning.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Duke_MBB
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    The Boston Bruins re-scheduled their game from 1:00 PM today Saturday to...7:00 PM today Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...e-changed-7-pm
    The Bruins game has been postponed:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...game-postponed
    Bob Green

Logan hopes to reopen by 11 pm Saturday night. That report is 7 hours old as I write, and there has not been a Boston Globe update. Per WUnderground, at this hour it is 17º F. and clear; expected to go down to 12º. Looks like a go for a Sunday a.m. arrival. The boys better be wearing their fur-lined...uh...equipment.

The BC campus, though must still be a question. In past years, Chestnut Hill has had as much as 8 feet of snow, making the place impassable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Logan hopes to reopen by 11 pm Saturday night. That report is 7 hours old as I write, and there has not been a Boston Globe update. Per WUnderground, at this hour it is 17º F. and clear; expected to go down to 12º. Looks like a go for a Sunday a.m. arrival. The boys better be wearing their fur-lined...uh...equipment.

The BC campus, though must still be a question. In past years, Chestnut Hill has had as much as 8 feet of snow, making the place impassable.
    having had to sit through 3 years worth of "parents weekend" festivities when my sibling was a student there, I now consider the whole place permanently impassable

anyway

safe travels for the team...maybe they should consider taking a boat.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    having had to sit through 3 years worth of "parents weekend" festivities when my sibling was a student there, I now consider the whole place permanently impassable

anyway

safe travels for the team...maybe they should consider taking a boat.
    Something like this perhaps:

300px-NSF_picture_of_Yamal.jpg:
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Something like this perhaps:

300px-NSF_picture_of_Yamal.jpg:
    With coach K at the helm....holding the captain morgan pose
    April 1

Friday, 9:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by jamos14 View Post
    The Duke Team is on a flight now on the way to Boston according to Mark Watson.
    Saturday, 2:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    So the team is definitely still in North Carolina. Got it.
    Saturday, 2:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Duke MBB official Twitter feed just announced that the team won't be traveling to Boston until tomorrow morning.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Duke_MBB
    As I was saying...
    Last edited by throatybeard; 02-09-2013 at 11:39 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Last year Purdue played at Michigan State with these exact circumstances. They were tired from traveling the morning of the game, and got plowed. But that was at a much tougher place to play against a much better team than BC. Still...I don't know how early they're getting up to go for this.

Boston Globe reports that Logan is open and expecting the Denver Nuggets charter to arrive for a Sunday evening game with the Celtics.

So if the Nuggets get in Saturday night or early Sunday, the Devils should make it as well, leaving early Sunday.

The Team has Landed

Hey guys,

I've been peeping the EK for about 8 months now (since the Amile Jefferson recruiting saga), but this is my first official post.

Per Josh Hairston and Todd Zafirovski's Instagram accounts, it appears the team has landed in Boston. If you have an Instagram account and aren't following some of our current / former players, I'd definitely recommend it. Like DBP post-game interviews, its another cool way to get to know some of our guys. Obviously some are more active than others, but along with Hairston and Zafirovski are Rasheed, Mason, Tyler, Seth, Ryan, Amile, Alex, Quinn, Rodney, Nolan, Kyrie, Dahntay, Austin, and even Jose Fonseca (trainer) and some other trainers.

Cheers!

-theall-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jtheall View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been peeping the EK for about 8 months now (since the Amile Jefferson recruiting saga), but this is my first official post.

Per Josh Hairston and Todd Zafirovski's Instagram accounts, it appears the team has landed in Boston. If you have an Instagram account and aren't following some of our current / former players, I'd definitely recommend it. Like DBP post-game interviews, its another cool way to get to know some of our guys. Obviously some are more active than others, but along with Hairston and Zafirovski are Rasheed, Mason, Tyler, Seth, Ryan, Amile, Alex, Quinn, Rodney, Nolan, Kyrie, Dahntay, Austin, and even Jose Fonseca (trainer) and some other trainers.

Cheers!

-theall-
    Welcome to the DBR (EK). Thanks for the update.

I'd rather spend my time reading something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Welcome to the DBR (EK). Thanks for the update.
    Agreed. Thanks for the information. I'm glad to know the team made it safely.