Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First of all, congratulations to the team and staff for a very impressive win against a key conference rival.

Second of all, Go To Hell Carolina.

Third of all, I hate Sylvia more than I dislike Roy. Call me an equal-opportunity 9F'er.

Very nice win.

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Final score 86 -43. Great game for the ladies. They allowed UNC to play better in the 2nd half, but we stayed strong.
    GTHC
    Try 84-63. Got your 4s and 6s mixed up.

Duke was 11-18 from beyond the arc, Carolina 3-12. That's your game right there. Wells was 6-7 on 3s, Liston 3-5. including a couple of huge rally-killers in the second half.

Ruffin-Pratt and Rolle had 18 and 17 points for the Heels.

But what they had to go through to get those 35 points. They shot a combined 11-34 from the field. R-P got to the line 12 times-made 11--but also turned it over 11 times!! Not the double-double you're looking for.

Hatchell said that she thought he team was intimidated early in the game. Hard to argue with the premise.

Duke goes to Charlottesville before hosting Maryland. Classic trap game. Need to put this one in the rear-view mirror and get ready for the 'Hoos.
    Last edited by jimsumner; 02-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.

My favorite stat from this game has to be Carolina's assist-to-turnover ratio: 0.458.

I'm not really that much of a stat-geek, but the efficiency stats really tell the story of this game.

Duke, 1.06 points per possession. Carolina, 0.78.

1.06 is good-but-not-great for D1 women; in fact, it's a hair above Duke's season average of 1.05, which is fifth-best in D1. More importantly, it's 0.33 above Carolina's average defensive efficiency. We shredded a very good defensive team.

0.78 is a train-wreck that busts open tank cars full of toxic chemicals. It's .08 below the Heeletes' quite mediocre season average.

"0.78 is a train-wreck that busts open tank cars full of toxic chemicals."

best line i have seen in a while!

LOVED watching that game, I'm just sorry I couldn't be there in person. There's nothing like a 31-point halftime lead on a beautiful afternoon...

I've been looking forward to seeing Ruffin-Pratt graduate, but I think I may have a new "favorite" in McDaniel. Yikes, where does Sylvia find these people? (To Sylvia's credit, this is the first time in a while I haven't seen any post-game comments referencing how much she thinks playing Duke is like playing a football team. Maybe she finally has some shame?)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    We'll have a group of about 300 over there denying any celebrations about 900 anything tomorrow, other than bad outfits. If you think it's whine and cheese in the Smith Center, it's even worse in Carmichael for the women. You will hear us on TV more than the home side.
    I very distinctly heard chants of "Let's Go Duke" through my speakers. Well done y'all!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."