GTHC License Plate

Warning to whoever has NC license plate GTHC on the I Care specialty plate: You have a ticket on the way to you compliments of a DC speeding camera. The ticket was sent to me in error, but I'll be challenging it as that's not my plate or my car and I wasn't in DC on Dec 30! Start saving $100 for the fine!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That's funny.
    And I care that Carolina Goes To Hell too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Warning to whoever has NC license plate GTHC on the I Care specialty plate: You have a ticket on the way to you compliments of a DC speeding camera. The ticket was sent to me in error, but I'll be challenging it as that's not my plate or my car and I wasn't in DC on Dec 30! Start saving $100 for the fine!
    I'm surprised the State duplicated your plate on a specialty plate. Have you, or will you, question them on it? I would, just to protect your plate. Otherwise you might be the one who loses it... Wouldn't want that to happen!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

If whoever owns that plate should get a ticket on Franklin Street, I'll kick in $20 toward the first ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If whoever owns that plate should get a ticket on Franklin Street, I'll kick in $20 toward the first ticket.
    I would be willing to contribute to such a fund on a yearly basis. Wondering how many states have a GTHC plate issued... all 50?

I will be interested to know how easily it will be to persuade the DC authorities that it isn't your plate. I foresee bureaucratic resistance at a level you might not encounter had the ticket been issued in NC. Please keep us advised.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I'm surprised the State duplicated your plate on a specialty plate. Have you, or will you, question them on it? I would, just to protect your plate. Otherwise you might be the one who loses it... Wouldn't want that to happen!
    I don't know much about NC plates, but in other states, a specialty plate has its own prefix. So the real offender in DC with the I Care plate would be recorded by the DMV as "ICGTHC" or something like that. The problem with this is that out-of-state law enforcement would have no way of knowing the prefix when they run the plate. This might not be a problem if nothing came up for "GTHC" -- the law enforcement agency could just call NC for assistance. But here, there was a match. (DMV records would also include a VIN, year, make, and model, but who knows how closely the agency would follow through on a speeding camera. This is mostly about collecting money and has very little to do with deterring crime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I will be interested to know how easily it will be to persuade the DC authorities that it isn't your plate. I foresee bureaucratic resistance at a level you might not encounter had the ticket been issued in NC. Please keep us advised.
    Very easy, at least in Arizona. Especially if it's a totally different model.

Photo revenue is very tough to enforce if the registered owner of the car is not driving it. They make it seem like you have to tell them who was, but that's not the case.

Resolution!

Almost 1 year later, I finally heard back from DC DMV. They have dropped the fine against me. So, look out GTHC with the I Care plate as they may be coming after you next!

Why is this "off topic"?

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Why is this "off topic"?
    Because the plate says GTHC and not BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Almost 1 year later, I finally heard back from DC DMV. They have dropped the fine against me. So, look out GTHC with the I Care plate as they may be coming after you next!
    Good to hear that is finally resolved, after almost 1 year!!!!!

And as always, GTHC !!!